PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever turboed an mg zs 180/2.5v6/kv6

dj_russell
09-07-08, 10:34 PM
just wanna know if its been done not supercharged TURBOd????

that is all:mbounce:

Z Scotland
09-07-08, 10:57 PM
Don't think it can be done m8. :noexpression: Im sure it would have been by now.
Lets wait for the brains:-D

shroonie29
09-07-08, 11:27 PM
As it happens I have been looking at this of late.The engine bay is tight to start with,but maybe a solution is this? http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?subcategory=Rear+Mount+Turbocharging&category=Turbocharging
Will require bigger injectors & ECU.Maybe a progressive boost lol.
Interesting project though

Shroon

dj_russell
10-07-08, 12:47 AM
im taking my car to a friends garage the weekend downside is ill loose the car for probably the next 3-4 months, he said nothings impossible. im sick of hearing about the superchargers now its been done and theres all these problems, id rather pay the money for something new if its gonna cost a stupid amount of money more than the cars worth were going to see about uprating the internals etc.,.... ok for the money i could probably buy a subaru impreza but i like to be different plus i love my car only time wil tell, when progress starts ill keep it updated. theres small stuff that i can start doing like relocating the battery to the boot etc to make more room.....if you can turbo a 3.0 v6 in a nova one can be fitted in a zs.

Maxxed_Ross
10-07-08, 06:14 AM
I'm sure it could be done, but will there be enough space? The turbo would need to go half way under the car somewhere

stamford
10-07-08, 07:14 AM
As it happens I have been looking at this of late.The engine bay is tight to start with,but maybe a solution is this? http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?subcategory=Rear+Mount+Turbocharging&category=Turbocharging

Shroon

Great find, a very interesting slant on the installation. Definately thinking outside of the box! :hmmm:

arwilson80
10-07-08, 08:38 AM
The problem i can see with where the rear monted turbo = damage...

Correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't someone turbo'd a V6 ZT?

carmadbaker
10-07-08, 11:11 AM
I've been questioning this for ages, but i swear someone told me that the piston gland (ring that sits VERY close to the top of the piston? correct me if im wrong!) is not quite capable of taking the high pressures from a turbo....this is when i asked ralph (EMS) if there was anyone around that could custom forge some modified turbo pistons for it, they have to be changed anyway so i think it would be the only option?
It must be do-able.....lets face it....if vauxhall can whack 2 garret T5's on a 3.6 V6 vauxhall and get 380bhp.....then why isn't a simialr thing possible with a KV6?
i think it would be alot of work, but as previously said....its a new venture that might be worth a joint site effort to obtain :) im sure there is enough technical know-how between us ALL to solve the problem! spesh with members like Kev-G and EMS!

Maxxed_Ross
10-07-08, 01:17 PM
money would be the main problem.

I'd imagine the VX engine will be stronger than the KV6, we all know how the K series of engines can be a bit fragile if you push them at the wrong time.

I quite fancy putting a T series turbo into a ZS, or the 260 ZT drive train... now that would be a proper project!

chriszs180
10-07-08, 01:24 PM
could you not drop a different one in instead that already has a turbo that might be easier.

dj_russell
10-07-08, 03:38 PM
my car will be going away for some months i couldnt afford a masive bill at the end so were in talks of a pay as you go thing, i know nothing about engines but im keen to learn hes got the knowhow, it may involve cutting away some of my front bumper, i want it to look as un ugly as i can i want to keep it looking sleeper as much as i can,

id ideally love 300bhp or near enough the problem as said is the kv6 is a weak engine so 1st hes going to look into uprated internals.

ill keep you all posted as to what we find, and if the internals can be sourced. 1 of my best mates is a welder and fabricater and owns a garage in manchester he uses for friends and people and his teachers cars to earn his beer money at uni and hes become quite loaded to be fair and hes still only a student etc this could involve a bit of traveling as the place im taking it to is up in the west midlands, he also is very friendly with the right people should anything need making.

this is probably a massive money pit that could even blow the engine/internals and turbo up a few times before its finnished. as i say i lack serious knowledge about car engines, so anything i say could be laughable but ill just be a helping hand for the people with the know.

ps i know an engine change woulsd be the easyest i loved my dads 800vitesse turbo but for sound the 2.5 v6 sounds awesome a nice turbo coupled with that would be fantastic.

this is at the minute a pipe dream untill he looks at the possibilities.

mrt_04
10-07-08, 07:26 PM

Shroon

Bit dangerous Shroon. What happens if you run over debris etc in the road????.............nice concept though :-D

Z Scotland
10-07-08, 10:14 PM
Bit dangerous Shroon. What happens if you run over debris etc in the road????.............nice concept though :-D

I would say there's probably more room under the MG than the pug.:yes:

Dave ZS-X
12-07-08, 05:23 PM
sounds interesting ,keep us informed .
It will be a first!

Dave