PDA

View Full Version : What's happened here!????

Mission
10-07-08, 08:09 PM
http://www.georgemackmurdie.co.uk/

Haven't looked in on this site for flipping ages tbh, but was browsing another forum a wee while ago and came across a link for it- so clicked the link and it appears to be gone!

Anyone shed any light on what has or hasn't happened?

Haven't been about for a while so it's all lost on me?

Help!

stamford
10-07-08, 08:28 PM
Not wanting to sound funny mate, but this is one topic of conversation we don't really want to be having on this forum for obvious reasons.

I'll let it run for a little while in case other members or the admin team wish to add further comments, however if it gets hostile I will lock it.

talkingcars
10-07-08, 08:37 PM
I was told by the chap who owned the website that
Fasthost were hacked and they had to remove all there data from there server.

As a fasthost customer myself I know this to be true.

I also understand that
The website is on a mates laptop i've not had time to go over and get it.
However that was January and nothing has happened yet -

There is a forum http://victimofg.forumup.co.uk/index.php?mforum=victimofg which, to be honest, isn't the fastest in the world.

As George is an active member here and trying to carry on a business I don't think it would be correct, or fair to this forum, to discuss this further here.

You are quite welcome to join the other forum, as anybody else is, including George, or to pmail me.

My main concern is that he runs a ligitamate business, which at the moment he appears to be.

James

(mods - I sugest you lock this thread before it turns sour)

Mission
10-07-08, 08:45 PM
Not wanting to kick owt off, but i've been browsing some past threads - catching up like & georges posts have BANNED above his avatar!?

Somet must have been kicking off!?

Just trying to make sense of it all!

Mission
10-07-08, 08:47 PM
Not wanting to sound funny mate, but this is one topic of conversation we don't really want to be having on this forum for obvious reasons.

Sorry- but this has gone right over my head!?

What's the crack mate??

stamford
10-07-08, 08:54 PM
Not for open discussion mate.

If you really need to discuss this than I suggest you contact any member of the Admin Team via pm.

Mission
10-07-08, 09:03 PM
Crickey!

THAT bad eh!

guess i'll leave it be then!:sorry:

mattie007
10-07-08, 09:17 PM
Stamford, can you pm what has happened as I was ordering some parts off him...

talkingcars
10-07-08, 09:19 PM
Can I add that I am interested to hear stories, good as well as bad, about the gentleman concerned, please pmail me rather than posting them here.

Thanks
James

arwilson80
10-07-08, 09:42 PM
Can I add that I am interested to hear stories, good as well as bad, about the gentleman concerned, please pmail me rather than posting them here.

Thanks
James

Just type his name into Google. There's stuff there that will keep you going for a bit.

Mat C
10-07-08, 09:48 PM
I am interested to hear stories, good as well as bad, about the gentleman concerned

Hmmm, Gentleman :

a cultured, courteous, and well-bred man (Collins Dictionary))

I think Terry Jones would sum him up in a more appropriate manner ;

He's a very naughty boy !

talkingcars
10-07-08, 09:56 PM
Just type his name into Google. There's stuff there that will keep you going for a bit.

I've collected plenty of "my brothers mates cats first owner" stories, I want first hand stories.

I want to produce a balanced veiw of the gentleman so everyone can make an informed opinion.

I have done something similar before

http://home.btconnect.com/talkingcars/T16con.htm

SimonMGZS
11-07-08, 06:49 PM
also i wanted to contact george aswell but banned has been put on his name as i wanted some parts from him

does this mean that i will not be able to send him a pm to find out what is happening with my parts that i am looking for

sarah
11-07-08, 06:50 PM
i think if thats the case, you need to PM stamford or a mod on here as regards to this guy. :)

there are 2 admin guys online now, their names are in orange

SimonMGZS
11-07-08, 07:02 PM
i might do that unless somebody could help me with the parts that i am after

i am after two battery trays one from a mk1 zs 180 and the other from a mk2 zs 180 and two engine covers

SimonMGZS
11-07-08, 07:06 PM
and forgot to add that i do still have the 17" alloy wheels for sale that the person in question wanted but i am not going to sell them to him know

i wanted £250 for them

these are mk2 alloy wheels with some amount of damage with no tyres

i know that were a few people on this site that wanted them

they will go to the first person who pm's me and collect them next weekend

sarah
11-07-08, 07:07 PM
did you make a for sale thread for them? if you dont sell them on here maybe ebay?

SimonMGZS
11-07-08, 07:11 PM
i did make a for sale thread for them and i have just posted in there aswell and did place them on ebay and they did not sell

i did put a reserve on them but i thought they would have made the reserve as i know that these wheels are very sought after

markyzs180
11-07-08, 08:29 PM
Mods....this thread needs to be :hslocked:

he's gone from here (thankfully) and anyone that really wants to deal with him will just have to do a bit of searching, he's still out there....

sarah
11-07-08, 08:36 PM
marky ive seen him myself , lurking about ;)

arwilson80
11-07-08, 10:13 PM
also i wanted to contact george aswell but banned has been put on his name as i wanted some parts from him

does this mean that i will not be able to send him a pm to find out what is happening with my parts that i am looking for

Watch this space... we are currently discussing how best inform the people who had been dealing with him.

SimonMGZS
12-07-08, 09:45 AM
Watch this space... we are currently discussing how best inform the people who had been dealing with him.

it would be nice to know what has happened with this person as i only got to know him from this site and i have not had any dealings with him in the past

so the more information you can tell me the better at this stage