PDA

View Full Version : Smokey and the ZS

Smokey
11-07-08, 11:35 AM
Ok I will fill in more details about the car later but just to let you know, I was in a single car accident a couple of nights ago coming home from work. Although it was only a 40mph crash where the rain caused the car to loose grip I still managed to end up upside down on the embankment. I'm ok, just some back pain but the ZS is completely goosed since the roof is all caved in.
I will be still hanging about as when the insurance money comes through I will be replacing it with another one.
I will, however, not be attending Fast and Modified :(
Cheers.
Smokey.

dvid
11-07-08, 11:50 AM
Blimey! :sad: Glad you're ok, cars can be replaced :D

peterzs
11-07-08, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear the cars a write off, is it worth buying it back from the insurance co?? Main thing is you got out OK and can look forward to another ZS :sad:

stamford
11-07-08, 12:05 PM
Sorry to hear this Smokey, at least you are here to tell the tale. Must have been a real scary moment, life flashing before your eyes!

grimmy
11-07-08, 12:19 PM
holy crap dude just glad you're okay

carmadbaker
11-07-08, 12:23 PM
sorry to hear that bud :( glad your okay though. It is sad to know there is one less ZS in the world tho :( R.I.P!

Craig
11-07-08, 12:40 PM
No way Blair! Thats really bad. Im glad your not badly hurt. Good luck on the search for a new one.

Dan1971
11-07-08, 12:51 PM
holy crap dude just glad you're okay

Ditto ......

Maxxed_Ross
11-07-08, 01:57 PM
aw no, not my twin! What will I do now? *runs off and cries*

Glad to hear you're ok buddy, that's the main thing. Must have been a nasty one to end up with your feet in the air.

Sorry to sound like a vucher, but is any of the car savable? I doubt the insurance company would notice a few bits missing!

Dan1971
11-07-08, 02:43 PM
aw no, not my twin! What will I do now? *runs off and cries*

Glad to hear you're ok buddy, that's the main thing. Must have been a nasty one to end up with your feet in the air.

Sorry to sound like a vucher, but is any of the car savable? I doubt the insurance company would notice a few bits missing!

Is a vucher the same as a vulture ? :hmmm:

Anyway .... if it needs an interior change from alcantara to mine, for a fee ofcourse ..... you just let me know !

JIMZS180
11-07-08, 02:54 PM
glad your ok mate.........another one bites the dust!!!!!!

arwilson80
11-07-08, 02:57 PM
Although it was only a 40mph crash where the rain caused the car to loose grip I still managed to end up upside down on the embankment. I'm ok, just some back pain but the ZS is completely goosed since the roof is all caved in.

Easy done... My little bro's mate did the same sort of thing in the work 4x4 a few weeks ago.

sorry to hear that bud :( glad your okay though. It is sad to know there is one less ZS in the world tho :( R.I.P!

Yeah... and it was a nice one at that.

Sorry to sound like a vulture, but is any of the car savable? I doubt the insurance company would notice a few bits missing!

Was thinking the same. :blink:

...but at the end of the day like the others have said you are OK and the car is only a hunk of metal that can be replaced.

sarah
11-07-08, 02:58 PM
:sad: aww sorry to hear this hun, glad you're ok though..

Maxxed_Ross
11-07-08, 03:54 PM
my local garage has a nice ignition blue 180 hatch if you want another ZS lol

Z Scotland
11-07-08, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear this Blair:( great looking car too.

Smokey
12-07-08, 06:05 PM
cheers for the sympathies guys, unfortunately every panel of the car has dents and scrapes so not really salvageable but I kept the grill as a memory since it was only a wee scratch on it. I'd take my steering wheel but they would notice that lol... Like you all say, I'm here and will be ZS'ing it again before Christmas if all goes well!
Thanks again though!

mgracer
12-07-08, 07:33 PM
What a tragedy,, hope you're not too devastated,, still you got out ok,,

Z Scotland
12-07-08, 07:43 PM
cheers for the sympathies guys, unfortunately every panel of the car has dents and scrapes so not really salvageable but I kept the grill as a memory since it was only a wee scratch on it. I'd take my steering wheel but they would notice that lol... Like you all say, I'm here and will be ZS'ing it again before Christmas if all goes well!
Thanks again though!
Blair if you want to take off you s/wheel i'll give you a standard one.( free )

Craig
12-07-08, 07:46 PM
If the plenum and vis vales were to "fall off" you could make some decent money for them on eBay mate. As well as any bit of the bodykit

Smokey
12-07-08, 07:47 PM
i have my standard one still too but its whether the garage would let me!
incidentally there was another mk2 ignition blue hatch sitting there with front end damage, freaky!

Body kits a no no I think but power vis should be easy!

arwilson80
12-07-08, 09:32 PM
The little square that the temp / sunlight sensor sits into on the dash???

Worst you can say is no. :blush: Right? ;)

Maxxed_Ross
13-07-08, 06:53 AM
yep, get everything off no matter how small

When is it going away and I'll come give you a hand

Maxfly
13-07-08, 11:18 AM
glad to hear your ok fella, just shame about your zed, least your sticking to them though:)

chriszs180
13-07-08, 03:33 PM
when mine was declared a write off i had a week to go and remove my personal items

so stripped the stereo and speakers, rear hatch shelf, ashtrays and a few other things
should have taken the spare wheel boot linning and the rear spats as they would be worth a bit and could come off in the roll.......

good luck and sorry to hear another one has gone..

Smokey
13-07-08, 04:35 PM
yeah, think I'll make another visit but as i have no transport from dundee to perth it makes it more difficult lol

Maxxed_Ross
13-07-08, 04:43 PM
I said before give me a shout and I'll come get you

ThumpJunkie
14-07-08, 10:28 PM
Don't think I ever had the pleasure of seeing the car in the flesh but gutted for you all the same man, especially since you're a fellow Kirkcaldy lad! :(

mrt_04
14-07-08, 10:39 PM
Very sad to hear this Smokey. I wish too I has salvaged as much as I safely could when White Van man reared me.
You are safe & can type about it, thats the main thing :confused:

JIMZS180
15-07-08, 07:02 AM
yeah, think I'll make another visit but as i have no transport from dundee to perth it makes it more difficult lol

If you ned a lift along to Perth give me a shout anytime.......where is it sitting??

Smokey
16-07-08, 05:51 PM
Ok, bought myself a wee P reg Clio to do me just now so am planning on nipping over to Perth to salvage stuff. What I need is a list of what people want within reason since the insurance people haven't been yet! And suggestions on what I could reasonably take to sell?
Cheers.
Oh and anyone local can come join me lol Planning on going thurs/fri

Z Scotland
16-07-08, 07:00 PM
Are the wheels damage m8:huh:

Gazza
16-07-08, 07:12 PM
Glad your ok mate

JIMZS180
16-07-08, 07:22 PM
Ok, bought myself a wee P reg Clio to do me just now so am planning on nipping over to Perth to salvage stuff. What I need is a list of what people want within reason since the insurance people haven't been yet! And suggestions on what I could reasonably take to sell?
Cheers.
Oh and anyone local can come join me lol Planning on going thurs/fri

I am off work on Friday and available to help if required...where is the car?? I am guessing that it will be in Mutch's yard down at the harbour??

Smokey
16-07-08, 08:12 PM
Its at Chisolms and friday could be fine. As for the wheels, I never noticed what damage but after the side on impact they probably would have more than just paint damage.

meat-and-gravy
16-07-08, 08:48 PM
What I need is a list of what people want within reason since the insurance people haven't been yet! i

Evening! If you have a chance, the cubby hole/fuse cover, foot pad by the clutch pedal and the handle above the drivers door would be well handy, just let me know if ya can and how much you want dude!

Smokey
16-07-08, 09:00 PM
will let you know about them dude

arwilson80
16-07-08, 09:09 PM
That little square on the dash... That could easily have got knocked off in the crash.
I would say 1 alloy if there was one, but postage would be expensive. :(

Smokey
16-07-08, 09:42 PM
lol yeah postage would be scary to n. ireland!

Maxxed_Ross
17-07-08, 06:35 AM
I'll come get you on Friday then dude and we can have a stripping session (ooo er!)

meet you there Jim?

JIMZS180
17-07-08, 07:21 AM
yep....just give me some idea of what time or give me a call on 07825985687

ZS
17-07-08, 07:57 AM
If the rear arch extensions are not too damaged (or even if they are a bit damaged) then EMS would love to get their mits on them so they can be copied!!

Then I can get my 180 kit back! :p

Smokey
17-07-08, 09:43 AM
i think they may be ok but a picture of the actual sections needed would be good

ZS
17-07-08, 10:21 AM
i think they may be ok but a picture of the actual sections needed would be good

The bits I'm on about are the arch extensions on the rear bumper... Bumper Spats I think they are called... I'll pay good money for them if they are in good nick... they are the only bit of the 180 kit I am missing!

Smokey
17-07-08, 10:55 AM
annoyingly there is a hatch in blue with the 180 kit on and its been there months with the guy pretty much abandoning it and not returning. wish I could strip it too since it it only had massive front damage!
And how much are these rear spats actually worth since they are so rare?!

Stephen
17-07-08, 12:13 PM
The Rear Door flares if Possible and the rear arch flares.

If there ok pm me with a price.

Many thanks

Maxxed_Ross
17-07-08, 12:20 PM
just had a thought, are we talking tomorrow friday or next week friday? Because I'm not home until tomorrow afternoon. If it's still there after the weekend I could take you any day as I'm free all week after monday I think.

Do you know what the buy back value of the car is? If it's low it might be worth buying it back and stripping it down. The engine alone will be worth a few £k, and if the whole rear of the body kit is intact you could be talking another couple of £100

Worth considering dude

Smokey
17-07-08, 01:19 PM
its tomorrow mate, i now have a runabout but i'm back at tulliallen on sunday so no other opportunites until next weekend. not heard from insurance yet so no idea of buy back etc

Maxxed_Ross
17-07-08, 02:25 PM
I could pick you up one night if the place is open late enough.

I'm just after my VIS motor back really, oh and an air vent as one of mine has a broken section

I'll even bring my spanner tray, that should make getting bits off a bit easier

JIMZS180
17-07-08, 03:10 PM
I thought tomorrow so am still available if required.

coreygraham180
17-07-08, 05:27 PM
Took some pictures of the ZED today from over the fence .....

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/jimzs180/DSCF0164.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/jimzs180/DSCF0165.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/jimzs180/DSCF0166.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/jimzs180/DSCF0167.jpg

the other MKII ZED in Ignition blue but didn't get any pics,had a brief chat with the recovery man and the other one is now "leave to Dispose" so will have a chat with him tomorrow

JIMZS180
17-07-08, 07:25 PM
I had a quick word with the owner as he was leaving with his jet ski in tow and he confirmed that the other Z(not Smokeys) is now his to dispose of and he seemed to be quite receptive to talking further tomorrow I will keep you all posted because if he is up for it I will see if we can get it on here for breaking.

arwilson80
17-07-08, 11:18 PM
Looks like most of the 180 trim would be recoverable...

Smokey
18-07-08, 05:35 AM
hey Jim, will be going about 3-4pm to pick up some stuff if thats cool with you. Also cool you bring the required tools to remove the steering wheel (do you have your original to swap as mine is in the attic in fife but i'm in dundee!) will need allen type connector for airbag and then theres the bolt for the wheel, plus any other tools you can think of? let me know, cheers.

Maxxed_Ross
18-07-08, 06:02 AM
good grief, that must have been a nasty smash. It breaks my heart to see it like that as it could so easily be mine sitting there like that.

Remember my VIS valve and air vent buddy lol

Also if you have time could I have a door handle from each side? Just incase mine ever break. I'll pay you for the handles and vent of course

JIMZS180
18-07-08, 07:35 AM
hey Jim, will be going about 3-4pm to pick up some stuff if thats cool with you. Also cool you bring the required tools to remove the steering wheel (do you have your original to swap as mine is in the attic in fife but i'm in dundee!) will need allen type connector for airbag and then theres the bolt for the wheel, plus any other tools you can think of? let me know, cheers.

I have a steering wheel I will bring along and whatever tools required, give me a bell when you are there or abouts and I will come down and meet you.

Smokey
18-07-08, 09:23 AM
ok guys remember my insurance company have still to look at the car, think they may be sus when they see a chassis and nothing else lol. will give you a call jim

arwilson80
18-07-08, 09:59 AM
They'll never notice... :whistle:

chriszs180
18-07-08, 10:47 AM
the rear spats will or should be still attached to the bumper and it looks so battered they wont notice if you remove them( they might have come off all ready in the crash though..)