PDA

View Full Version : The New Car!

sduk
21-07-08, 03:44 PM
Well as some of you know, after about 5 years of owning MG's I have gone for a change of car.

The ZS has served me well but recently was going wrong and i found alot of the plastic parts giving up.

This coupled with manual windows, no aircon, no cruise control, no trip computer etc.

So on my birthday yesterday I went to "look" at other cars. I showed the salesman my ZS and he offered me a very good trade-in price.

So with that in mind Amy and I went for a walk along the showcourt and fell in love (not with each other, with a car :D)

I'm not sure what people's opinions will be, but i have always liked them.....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/Photo-0052-2.jpg

Its a 2007 Vectra 1.8i SRI in silver :D

If I am allowed then I would like to stay on this site, I am still MG obsessed its just reasons mean the Vectra is better for me.

Don't hate me lol

Sammy

sduk
21-07-08, 03:47 PM
Still gonna tweak it slightly tho! :D

Already bought these for it.....

- couple of Imrscher parts and the associated badges for the front and rear
- K&N Panel Filter
- Vectra VXR Cold Air Intake
- Aero Wiper Blades
- Irmscher alloy tax disk holder

Not gonna go OTT with it. Might get the rear windows tinted and some wind deflectors in time :)

Bobdope2002
21-07-08, 03:53 PM
Bland Bland And Bland

sorry it has nothing over your ZS

But its praticality that counts

arwilson80
21-07-08, 03:54 PM
Get off here... Vauxhall... :smile2:

JK. You are more than welcome to stay. :p

I would've got that VXR in black personally, but hey. :)

sduk
21-07-08, 03:56 PM
lol VXR was not in my buying budget, insurance budget or economy budget lol.

i did consider the same car i got but in black, i think the silver is nicer and better for a change. :)

Bobdope2002
21-07-08, 03:58 PM
lol VXR was not in my buying budget, insurance budget or economy budget lol.

i did consider the same car i got but in black, i think the silver is nicer and better for a change. :)

Saves you having to clean it a lot silver hides the dirt

did you trade all the alloys and everything in with the ZS

arwilson80
21-07-08, 03:59 PM
Well TBH i would love the VXR8, but the above 3 budgets wouldn't stretch to it.:)

sduk
21-07-08, 04:01 PM
Saves you having to clean it a lot silver hides the dirt

did you trade all the alloys and everything in with the ZS

yeah they are getting the car as it stands. couldnt be bothered to strip all the parts off etc.

could have done with the new car today for the aircon! it feels faster than my ZS and more torquier (made that word up i think) plus its soooooooooooo comfy and im looking forward to electric everything! :D

markyzs180
21-07-08, 04:05 PM
They're nice Sammy, and you got lots of kit for the money, I've just bought a Zaf SRi (as you can see in my 'Our new bus' thread) and I'm really pleased with it!!

mrt_04
21-07-08, 04:17 PM
Well that is different Sammy. Nice & tidy example. Good luck with it mate. See you aren't leaving it standard for long though!!!!!!!!!!!! :hbd:

Andyf
21-07-08, 04:46 PM
I like the Vectra, we have them at work and I really enjoy driving them. The only problem is they are constantly going wrong but they do get thrashed, although so do the Astras and they seem a lot more sturdy (which is why I got my wife one). I wouldn't get a VXR purely on the basis that they are so expensive to run, 200 miles on a tank is not good (although they are VERY quick!)

chriszs180
21-07-08, 04:46 PM
we need to set up a members cars not MG section....

Gachet180
21-07-08, 04:49 PM
Bland Bland And Bland

sorry it has nothing over your ZS

But its praticality that counts

I to agree, it's a rep mobile. I've spent 3 hours on the M25 over the last couple of days and didn't see another ZS - saw loads of Vectras & Mondeos and most in Silver or Black. Can't see in matching a ZS for handling or driver enjoyment either..

Bobdope2002
21-07-08, 05:01 PM
we shouldnt all slate his new car

Maybe its a set up in the right direction he may get used to the comfyness ( i made that word up too ) and go and buy himself a ZT

mrt_04
21-07-08, 05:08 PM
Peoples choices & requirements change daily. We are entrenched in the ZS style & again that's not to everyone`s taste :sneaky:
I myself have received some `comments` on the ZS, which I ignore, because I like it & thats what matters, no one else :yes:

I have a second car.............Suki Vitara !!!!!!!!!! which I use for when the ZS is at rest after it's commuting job for me. Never saeem to get comments about the Vitara though!!!!!! :blush:.................no I am not a hairdresser!!!!!!!

Bobdope2002
21-07-08, 05:10 PM
no I am not a hairdresser!!!!!!!

are you sure

You dont have Vitara in pink down the side do you :p

mrt_04
21-07-08, 05:12 PM
Hehehe, nooooooooo. Black with silver arches............roof off it rains..........roof on sunshines.........blame me for the summer !!!!! :smartass:

Bobdope2002
21-07-08, 05:19 PM
oof off it rains..........roof on sunshines.........blame me for the summer !!!!! :smartass:

Damn You :laugh: :p

mrt_04
21-07-08, 05:20 PM
Thank you, one of my better attributes!!!!! :thumbsup:

Bobdope2002
21-07-08, 05:23 PM
Thank you, one of my better attributes!!!!! :thumbsup:

:laugh: No problem mate

JIMZS180
21-07-08, 05:52 PM
Sammy...been there, done that ..and you know what happened....see you back in an MG soon!!!!!!!!!

sduk
21-07-08, 06:23 PM
lol true jim. I'm not sure i would tho. The only MG ZS i would have after owning a 110 is the 180 and unfortunatly it would be a fortune to run and insure.

plus im looking forward to onboard computer, cruise control, electric windows and air con etc. :D

Craig
21-07-08, 06:31 PM
Your not my friend anymore :(

:D I was gona post about Jim buying and quickly getting shot of his vectra, but he beat me to it :D A nice 120 with full bodykit and electrics would have looked nicer IMO but I totally understand where your coming from mate. You have to get your ass down to Falkirk or Knockhill next month or else the guys will think Amy's got you under the thumb already :D

sduk
21-07-08, 06:40 PM
hehe friend or not, youre not getting rid of me craigie boy! just checked my shifts and if the Falkirk Cruise is on the 7th August then we are on rest days. so i could make it :D

you gonna be there???????? I will have the new car then tho, will i be able to park beside you :)

Craig
21-07-08, 06:57 PM
If your coming, I'll be there mate, you can park beside me and show me all those new fangled techo gizmos the vectras got ;D

sduk
21-07-08, 07:10 PM
awesome. just spoken to Amy and she is gonna come along too, let you old boys meet her :D hehe

will hopefully have a couple of things to make the vectra more my own. :D

looking forward to it! :D

Maxfly
21-07-08, 07:25 PM
You know you should have got the 180 ;) hope the new motor goes well for you fella!! i know what you mean when a car can scunner you.

One of the guys at work got a zs 120, he lurks about in here, was surprised at how sharp it felt on take off to be honest.

An i am sure we heard the 'i won't be doing much to the car' before when you first got the zs, then mods a plenty were on their way lol:D keep around:smart:

Maxfly
21-07-08, 07:27 PM
Is that the same lot i bought the 180 from?? they still aint sent me a replacment air vent and ignore my phone calls, give em the guilt trip when you pick up the vectra:chef:

sduk
21-07-08, 07:35 PM
nope different folks. went to peter vardy dealer in perth, were alot nicer than arnold clark tbh.

Maxfly
21-07-08, 07:39 PM
nope different folks. went to peter vardy dealer in perth, were alot nicer than arnold clark tbh.

good stuff, mind you wouldn't be hard, bunch o **** knockers that lot at arnie clark!!

stamford
21-07-08, 08:37 PM
Nice car Sammy, despite what they say ;) I like them and have driven them, can't fault them at all. Prior to the ZS I had a V6 Calibra and had many Vauxhalls over the years so have a soft spot for them.

You know you are more than welcome on here Sammy :D

Z Scotland
21-07-08, 09:27 PM
Change is inevitable m8 as long as your happy. Im sure it wont look like that for long:mbounce:
Look forward to seeing you at Falkirk

arwilson80
21-07-08, 10:19 PM
Now that i'm home and can see the pictures... it looks just like one of my mates car althought his is just a diesel (not SRI).

grimmy
21-07-08, 10:54 PM
Vectra ain't my thing, but i am not driving it, hope you enjoy your new motor mate always an exciting feeling picking up a new car all the best with it but hope your old car ends up in the hands of another good guy who will treat it the same as you did

JIMZS180
22-07-08, 07:04 AM

Know a couple of folk that work there...decent young ladies!!!!
will watch out for it and see what they are trying to make off it!!!

Glen290
22-07-08, 12:04 PM
nice motor Sammy, i have one of these as a company car.
Nice to drive and good fuel economy too.

Southern Storm
22-07-08, 05:33 PM
A veccy?????
Oh well mate, actually found myself considering one a few months back. More than welcome after all your efforts for this place.
Anyone got any sticky MG badges for it?

ian zs180
22-07-08, 10:18 PM
not a bad car at all the vectra i had the 2.6 v6 sri vec b before i bought my zs it drove well was smooth and handled ok aswell then i got my zs and i never looked back good luck with the new car mate

carmadbaker
23-07-08, 07:02 AM
nice car mate, i like the facelift models, look rather shexi. i've got a vectra too :) 2.0 DI......we should request a vectra discussion forum area on here :-P

ZS180V6
12-08-08, 07:27 PM
Nice car..

I changed my MG for a Vectra cdti 150 on a 07 plate.

Change filter etc and tinted windows as it is black.

Not too much change in performance.

May change my other car for an MG again though soon......

mattie007
13-08-08, 05:25 PM
Looks smart.
I prefer the mk1 with the dark square lights...