PDA

View Full Version : I hate my car.

Craig
26-07-08, 05:22 PM
Does anyone else ever feel this way? My car hasn't been right for a few weeks now. When I turn left and use some gas (or turn right and reverse) I get a grinding/rubbing noise from the o/s front wheel area. It only seems to happen when im on the gas.

I have tried loads of different things. Today, I undid the cv boots and everything looks fine. I have hardly driven the car lately because of this. Last week for the show, I had to nurse it there and back. Its got so bad that whenever Gemmas here, I have been driving her megane, which is chock full of me to you bears lol.

Theres also a rattling noise developed from the n/s rear which I think may be the handbrake cable. Im always paranoid about any noises I hear (or imagine). I will check that out tomorrow, unless It mysteriously burns down tonite.

At the moment I hate it with a passion, even though its looking all nice and shiny. If it was worth anything I would sell it right now in a heartbeat.

rant over

Mat C
26-07-08, 05:33 PM
I know exactly what you mean - sometimes i feel like accidently spilling a can of petrol in mine and accidently dropping a lit match on it ! But then just as i start hating it, it gives a sterling performance and gets some compliments which reminds me why i bought it in the 1st place ! Ask Sam (ZSx) about the grinding noise - i'm sure he had a similar problem and cured it :)

Craig
26-07-08, 05:47 PM
Thats the thing, when its running properly, I absolutely love it. At the show on Sunday, I heard people saying nice things about it. I feel cheated ATM, cos I cant enjoy driving it, especially after shelling out to get the belts changed recently.

I'll drop him a pm, thanks mate

sduk
26-07-08, 06:09 PM
mate i know what you mean. mine will be gone in a couple of days and i cant wait! the door handles are terrible, the inside falling apart, the rear bumper falling off and my alarm keeps randomly going off (even when driving!)

i do love the way it looks but there are so many things making me want to get rid.

hope you get it sorted mate.

shroonie29
26-07-08, 06:19 PM
Did you check that it isn't fouling here?
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/shroonie29/tbcpvh_000638-1.gif

Craig
26-07-08, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the pm mate, I will check it out tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

john180
26-07-08, 07:57 PM
sorry you're feeling this way about the motor fella! its a nice looking car so stick at it!!

i love mine to bits even tho i get rattles and squeaks. when im driving along with the ATC on auto i get this loud buzzing sound that sounds like a bird is stuck in the vent... but i just see it as character.

talkingcars
26-07-08, 08:09 PM
I hated my ZS so much last weekend, I'd been looking foward to MGSD since the last one and after curing the brake problem (new discs and pads and then a new caliper) that had been ongoing since the end of May the weekend before I got all excited last Saturday, we washed and vacumed her for the first time in 2 months and polished her for the first time in 6 months ownership.

We set off in time to get there for 11am only for a knocking noise to cause me to give up 30 miles from home. Having no idea what it was we came home slowly and ended up getting a garage to look, turned out to be 1 missing bolt and 1 shearedbolt on the rear engine mount.

However now both problems are fixed we had a very nice drive out to day and will be doing 200 miles tommorow, still love the car.

arwilson80
26-07-08, 09:32 PM
The question you need to ask is 'Are other cars any different?'. In most cases the answer is a 'No, not really'. Just stick with it i say, and you'll be glad of it in the long run.

Mat C
26-07-08, 09:39 PM
we washed and hovered her for the first time in 2 months

As Doc said in Back To The Future 3 ; "It actualy flew ?"

WOW, i'd love to know where you got this hover conversion done ! I washed my car today too but i didn't get to take it for a hover over the countryside ! How was your 1st flight since you last hovered it 2 months ago ?! :laugh: ;)

stamford
26-07-08, 11:01 PM
C'mon Craig, there are far worse cars out there! Get them sorted and you'll be all loved up again!

Mine was a real pain for nearly a year running a dead plenum, just had to put up with it until I got a decent one fitted. Mine also has a noise on full lock, it's my inner arch liner slightly bulging due to the CAF pipe. I also notice a suspension rattle now and again, but found nothing.

Sometimes there are things going on with no explanation, so get ignored and put down as a ZS idiosyncracy. Everything has a cause and effect, it's just nailing them all.

Z Scotland
26-07-08, 11:34 PM
Cmon bud things can't be that bad! I couldve given you a hand today(Sat) but ive promised tommorow(Sun) to the wife. (hope she doesn't want to go shopping):wacko:What about power stering pump?

Craig
27-07-08, 09:46 AM
I was pretty pissed off when I posted the thread, mainly due to the fact that I was just finished pissing about with it. When my cars fine I absolutely love it, so I suppose the downside is, when its good its fecking great, but when its bad Its awful cos I cant get to enjoy the drive.

Im going to have a look shortly and see If the d/shafts fouling as suggested by Shroonie. Thanks for the replies folks :D

I did think about the ps pump. Thats next on the list

Z Scotland
27-07-08, 09:58 AM
Graig try jacking the car up on one side select first gear and let the car run
while turning the wheel.

Craig
27-07-08, 10:00 AM
Im scared to do that lol. I know it will be ok but im paranoid lol

peterzs
27-07-08, 10:05 AM
If I was looking to buy a car I would look at a forum "the MGZS" would be a good start, after reading some of this I would think twice about a MGZS. Talk the car up if you wont to sell it not DOWN, My car, no rattles goes well for a diesel, looks good and as someone said, will go up in value, all cars have their problems but that's why the Forums here, isn't it??:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Craig
27-07-08, 10:07 AM
Have you even read my further posts? I am sorry I even suggested I was pissed off with my car, maybe I should shut up and keep it to myself in future

I was pretty pissed off when I posted the thread, mainly due to the fact that I was just finished pissing about with it. When my cars fine I absolutely love it, so I suppose the downside is, when its good its fecking great, but when its bad Its awful cos I cant get to enjoy the drive.

peterzs
27-07-08, 10:16 AM
Have you even read my further posts? I am sorry I even suggested I was pissed off with my car, maybe I should shut up and keep it to myself in future

Sorry Craig, Just been trying to delete my last post, cant do it!!!! Will try and get rid of it. I m trying to get professional help!!:beer2::beer2:

Craig
27-07-08, 10:19 AM
Sorry Craig, Just been trying to delete my last post, cant do it!!!! Will try and get rid of it. I m trying to get professional help!!:beer2::beer2:

Dont worry about it mate :) I was in a v a bad tempered mood when I posted originally lol. Hopefully all will be well again soon, then I can praise zs's once again :D Its such a nice day to go for a drive today, hope it get the chance later :)

the beers are on me mate :beer2::beer2:

Z Scotland
27-07-08, 10:19 AM
If I was looking to buy a car I would look at a forum "the MGZS" would be a good start, after reading some of this I would think twice about a MGZS. Talk the car up if you wont to sell it not DOWN, My car, no rattles goes well for a diesel, looks good and as someone said, will go up in value, all cars have their problems but that's why the Forums here, isn't it??:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I understand what your trying to say but the forum isn't just here to talk up the value of our cars. Its also here for help and support:console:

Craig
27-07-08, 10:21 AM
I understand what your trying to say but the forum isn't just here to talk up the value of our cars. Its also here for help and support:console:

Also to kick my ass when Im feeling sorry for myself :D

Id rather have a noisy ZS than a Vectra (sorry Sammy :D)

Maxfly
27-07-08, 10:26 AM
it couldn't be a wheel bearing starting to grumble could it??? hope you get it fixed soon fella. Any of the problems i have had with mine have made me pissed off at the previous owner and not really the car, things that have been wrong with the car since new and he never got fixed the lazy tool that he wis:D

should't think it will be anything major just one o these annoying things that happen:)

Craig
27-07-08, 10:43 AM
as long as its not the gbox diff. Im away to get dirty now tara :D

Maxfly
27-07-08, 10:58 AM
what is happening right now outside craigs chateux:D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Maxfly/craigworkinginhiscar.jpg

Craig
27-07-08, 11:11 AM
what is happening right now outside craigs chateux:D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Maxfly/craigworkinginhiscar.jpg

Absolutely ROFL, I didnt know there were CCTV cams round here :D

ThumpJunkie
27-07-08, 11:24 AM
I know exactly how you feel Craig... I spend all day cleaning my car, and love how it looks, however I then don't drive it as I'm embarassed to let anyone hear the horrendous noise coming from my VVC mechanisms. Would hate folk to think I don't look after the car after all the effort I've put into it :(

grimmy
27-07-08, 09:09 PM
My car was driving me mental for a wee while as well with the running costs and knowing i needed my back brakes done,the brakes finally packed up with the pads seized in the calipers and the car making a noise like a train going over a set of points permanently, i had no money to sort them so missed out on the F and M show but i got paid last week got the car into a garage got the rear brakes done i then proceeded to drive to loch lomond on Thursday and St Andrews on Friday that has made me love my car again it's just a magic car when it's all working properly:happy2:

Craig
30-07-08, 07:51 AM
Just dropped my car off at the garage, had to suffer the embarasment of using public transport to get back home lol. I'll be surprised if I get it back today. So thats me off for two days with no transport, typical

carmadbaker
30-07-08, 11:17 AM
sorry you're feeling this way about the motor fella! its a nice looking car so stick at it!!

i love mine to bits even tho i get rattles and squeaks. when im driving along with the ATC on auto i get this loud buzzing sound that sounds like a bird is stuck in the vent... but i just see it as character.

could be the climate sensor behind the dash, you know that little round slotted cut out next to the ATC screen? behind there is a tiny little motor with fins attached, that i assume as temprature increases/decreases the resistance on the blades increases/decreases and adjust accordingly to achieve its set point. i found mine clogged up with dust and barely moveable, maybe its a tiny bit worn out or clogged up? have a check dude

I do know what you mean craig :( found some REALLY bad news out about my car, just wanted to PX it in right there, but start up the beast, sit down, lean on ur bumper next to the exhuast, and reflect :) and let the toxic fumes fill you with happy positive thorts :)

Craig
30-07-08, 11:20 AM
I like your thinking mate :D

SharronB
30-07-08, 11:29 AM
It must have been awful for ya!..............................going on a bus :laugh:

Craig
30-07-08, 11:30 AM
It was :D The only time im on a bus is when the cars at the garage :D

arwilson80
30-07-08, 11:38 AM
It was :D The only time im on a bus is when the cars at the garage :D

I feel for you... I just get a loan of my lil sisters or my brothers car. :laugh:

stamford
30-07-08, 12:14 PM
Bus?..................what is this you speak of?

Craig
30-07-08, 12:49 PM
if its not back 2moro im borrowing my dads Freelander :D

Maxfly
31-07-08, 06:29 PM
you get yer wheels back fella?? what was wrong wi it in the end?? :)

Craig
31-07-08, 07:08 PM
:D

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=63893#post63893