PDA

View Full Version : Some good news for a change

Alan.F
29-07-08, 12:43 PM
Over the last few weeks my 16yr old son has been having various interviews for an apprenticeship with the RRG group, well this morning he had a phone call and has been accepted for one with RRG Lexus in Bolton and i am well chuffed, He starts on the 26th August they supply him with a tool kit and full working gear to start off with. Me and his mum are so proud of him

SharronB
29-07-08, 12:50 PM
Awww i bet you both are! Tell him a big well done from us

stamford
29-07-08, 01:02 PM
That's good to hear! Tell him well done.

Lets hope he enjoys getting dirty!

Maxxed_Ross
29-07-08, 01:03 PM
well done!

arwilson80
29-07-08, 01:15 PM
So that means your son can work on your car for free rather than the other way around (which is mostly the case). :)

carmadbaker
29-07-08, 02:31 PM
good lad :D congrats! welcome to the world of an apprentice...left handed screwdrivers....stripey paint...glass hammers and skirting ladders will no doubt be part of his tool kit :( (Bas***ds caught me out many times :()

stamford
29-07-08, 03:54 PM
good lad :D congrats! welcome to the world of an apprentice...left handed screwdrivers....stripey paint...glass hammers and skirting ladders will no doubt be part of his tool kit :( (Bas***ds caught me out many times :()

:laugh: sucker!

I was never caught out, I was too sharp for them gits!

Go to the stores for a long weight (wait).
Fibreglass welding rods.
Tartan paint.
Still paint.

Happy days :D

arwilson80
29-07-08, 04:14 PM
bucket of sparks for the grinder
bucket of steam

... the list goes on.

RudeDogg1
29-07-08, 04:58 PM
:laugh: sucker!

I was never caught out, I was too sharp for them gits!

Go to the stores for a long weight (wait).
Fibreglass welding rods.
Tartan paint.
Still paint.

Happy days :D

we actualy do have long weights at work lol

carmadbaker
29-07-08, 05:15 PM
nooo they caught me out a few times :( u try really hard to impress so u do ANYTHING they ask lol im a numpty i know :(

but then agen im in my last year now :) so...don't get angry....get even :) lol

lukiep160
29-07-08, 07:19 PM
Good luck to him. Its not easy being an aprentice

Zippy Saloon
29-07-08, 08:10 PM
Packet of spirit level bubbles was one I really liked, along with tartan paint.

lukiep160
29-07-08, 08:25 PM
i sent our old apprentice to the paint shop for some mgrover monogramme rainbow paint, paint shop sent him back with paint test panels assembled as a rainbow.
Also sent him for a flux capacitor for a 75 he fell for it hook line and sinker that one had Rofl

mrt_04
29-07-08, 09:12 PM
Well done to him.........best keep him sweet from now on!!!! :)

Alan.F
29-07-08, 09:15 PM
I once got sent to a hardware store from work for a long stand the manager had phoned ahead to tell them it was 40mins before i realised barstewards lol they even gave me an official order,

Thx for all the kind words