PDA

View Full Version : Last trip ever in the ZS.

sduk
29-07-08, 12:54 PM
Well folks, this is it! Just had the car dealer on the phone and my new car is ready. So i am to be making one final drive with the MG ZS to Perth.

Had a lot of good times in it, it has taken me all over the country and met alot of great people. Sad to see it go, but various reasons and issues means it must go.

I will miss it, hope the new owner loves it as much as i have. :wave:

Sammy

Phate
29-07-08, 01:01 PM
Whats the new shaggin' wagon?

stamford
Drive carefully Sammy ;)

I always find these the worst trips..................taking a car to p/ex!

SharronB
Hope you have fun with your new car! we have also got a Vectra, nice car but nowhere near as good as the Zed :D ,but still whatever makes you happy!

Maxxed_Ross
29-07-08, 01:03 PM
RIP to one of the nicest cars on the site, hope the new owner joins back up

KevG
29-07-08, 01:04 PM
I remember trading in the 75 for the astra, the weekend before, I was cleaning the car, and when I was drying off the car after washing, the drivers side wiper snapped back on the windscreen and caused a crack, so the car was put in the garage, and didnt move until it was the day to trade in, and even then it was driven carefully down to the garage just in case it caused it to spread further!

sduk
29-07-08, 01:07 PM
yeah the new car is a vectra, the trip through to perth takes about 35 minutes all in, so will be taking my time.

really do have mixed emotions. but if you think about it I will have the vectra for a few years, by which time (hopefully) MG will be back in business in britain, and i can buy one of the new super dooper ones! :D

looking forward to electric windows, air con and cruise control :)

will be strange being on here and not owning a ZS :(

arwilson80
29-07-08, 01:13 PM
really do have mixed emotions. but if you think about it I will have the vectra for a few years, by which time (hopefully) MG will be back in business in britain, and i can buy one of the new super dooper ones! :D

Still an optimist then? I was, but i think the harsh reality is that MG is all but dead.

You could always just save for the SV i suppose. Next best thing... :laugh:

Will it? :)

Next time you are over i'll take you out in the ZS... I think you can still be persuaded. ;)

sduk
29-07-08, 01:16 PM
yeah id love MG to make a come back in a few years, then id be older for the insurance :D

Alan, I am coming over in August and there will be no wedding this time so will defo meet up with you mate.

I actually saw an SV at Tesco petrol station in Dundee yesterday! first one i have seen in real life, was stunning! :)

arwilson80
29-07-08, 01:33 PM
Well i'm off to rallies on the 9th, 22nd & 23rd Aug so just let me know beforehand so that i can arrange something. :)

carmadbaker
29-07-08, 02:26 PM

don't worry dude u can share mine ;) plenty of V6 powah to share around

carmadbaker
29-07-08, 02:29 PM
I actually saw an SV at Tesco petrol station in Dundee yesterday! first one i have seen in real life, was stunning! :)

sorry to steal your glory dude.....but i've been out in one :thumbsup::smartass::trampoline:
was absolutely amazing, such a nice car, sounds incredible, goes like stink and christ dus it get some attention!
just a taster of how quick it really is....(this is the SV-R X-power btw) 85mph.....5th gear...2500rpm :thumbsup: its not even trying!! awesome boys and girls:D strongly recommended

stamford
29-07-08, 03:51 PM

Well, if cruise control wasn't important, you have described a 180 ;) :wave:

grimmy
29-07-08, 04:21 PM
All the best with your new motor Sammy hope you enjoy many happy miles with it

sduk
29-07-08, 04:54 PM
cheers :) well that was the deal done, the ZS is no longer mine. sad to see it go but happy to have the new car. :)

JIMZS180
29-07-08, 06:49 PM
cheers :) well that was the deal done, the ZS is no longer mine. sad to see it go but happy to have the new car. :)

will be watching out for it on Vardy's car lot!!!!!

mrt_04
29-07-08, 09:20 PM
Hello new member (SDUK).....welcome to the ex ZS now Vectra owner on-line Club!!!!!!

How did you find this elite club??

What do you think of the Vectra??

Has it broken down yet??

:happy:

stamford
29-07-08, 10:16 PM
Hello new member (SDUK).....

Has it broken down yet??

:laugh: you bad lad!

arwilson80
29-07-08, 11:09 PM
Has it broken down yet??

LOL :laugh:

SharronB
29-07-08, 11:22 PM
Awww dont put a jonah on it :laugh:

mrt_04
29-07-08, 11:39 PM
Now Sammy...........I take it you will break the Vectra in slowly & advise the poor car that like the ZS it is expected to participate in your `photographic artistic landscapes`........in other words, driving to the woods for `dogging` & explaining to us that the photos posted were all innocent!!!!!!!!!.........poor Vectra, does know what going to hit it........erm re-phrase that!!!!! :laugh:

SharronB
29-07-08, 11:42 PM
Now Sammy...........I take it you will break the Vectra in slowly & advise the poor car that like the ZS it is expected to participate in your `photographic artistic landscapes`........in other words, driving to the woods for `dogging` & explaining to us that the photos posted were all innocent!!!!!!!!!.........poor Vectra, does know what going to hit it........erm re-phrase that!!!!! :laugh:

Lol :laugh:

DeMoNPauL
30-07-08, 01:33 AM
Looking forward to electric windows, air con and cruise control

Hmm

Whats the matter with a MG ZS mk2?

Doesn't it have all of them?