PDA

View Full Version : I get my car back tomorrow

Phate
29-07-08, 10:52 PM
:drunk:

My god...it was originally stolen on the 30th of June...and tomorrow - so exactly a month later I get it back.

Basically the mechanic we were using was off due to health reasons and we were going to take it to another place but only he had the keys and it was locked inside! damn!

But alas...tomorrow, I shall drive my baby again for the first time :)

Nion a new front end, new brakes all round - I am gagging to get back behind the drivers seat and just listen to that V6 burble...waiting to make me smile again.

God I need to get out more :D

Roll on tomorrow :cool2:

arwilson80
29-07-08, 11:07 PM
Tomorrow you will be able to get out more.

Drive it easy, but not too easy.... :laugh:

Phate
29-07-08, 11:11 PM
Tomorrow you will be able to get out more.

Drive it easy, but not too easy.... :laugh:

OK ok...only 1 tank per half an hour...IF you insist :p

SharronB
29-07-08, 11:15 PM
Cool! but hide your keys from ya brother! :laugh:

Phate
29-07-08, 11:18 PM
Cool! but hide your keys from ya brother! :laugh:

Rest assured they are going to be firmly attached to my scrotum next time I stay there :p

stamford
30-07-08, 07:21 AM
Good news..................as for the keys, I hope your bro' doesn't have any fluffy friends! :laugh:

Phate
30-07-08, 08:42 AM
Good news..................as for the keys, I hope your bro' doesn't have any fluffy friends! :laugh:

That could be quite funny! Fluffy chavs!

"ahh stop it bruv...he's lovely! innit!"

stamford
30-07-08, 12:30 PM
That could be quite funny! Fluffy chavs!

"ahh stop it bruv...he's lovely! innit!"

****! me keys have gone!

SharronB
30-07-08, 12:42 PM
****! me keys have gone!

Hahaha :laugh:

arwilson80
30-07-08, 12:54 PM
You get the car back yet?

Phate
30-07-08, 02:53 PM
Just had a text...

"Be here tomorrow"

...slightly annoying...I text back "why? why not today like he said"

reply..."he's gone fishing"

- I'm gonna use that excuse next time my boss asks why some work was delayed - ARRGGGHGHHHHHH!!!!!

SharronB
30-07-08, 03:11 PM
Awww bet your gutted! :sad:

Phate
30-07-08, 03:20 PM
Awww bet your gutted! :sad:

Gutted is a term one could use...ah well....guess I'll go home and carry on job hunting instead of being distracted by 6 cynlinders and mini explosions :sly:

arwilson80
30-07-08, 04:03 PM
Good luck with the job hunt... I've been looking out for a new job for over 10 months and got nowhere (granted, most of my looking has been Stateside). Getting really fed up & P'd off where i am ATM!

wullie-zs180
30-07-08, 04:10 PM
al give u 2 ma job if u want:-D

arwilson80
30-07-08, 04:24 PM
Which is?

wullie-zs180
30-07-08, 04:26 PM
night porter:cool1:

wullie-zs180
30-07-08, 04:37 PM
gid luck when you get the car back its bl**dy great when uv no had it for a while!! like somethin else a can think of:blush:

Phate
31-07-08, 10:07 AM
Car is on sight :D

I'll have it at half 7 tonight :D:D:D:D

sarah
31-07-08, 10:14 AM
whoo!

sorry to wullie but you cant half tell your scottish! lol

arwilson80
31-07-08, 10:58 AM
Car is on sight :D

I'll have it at half 7 tonight :D:D:D:D

Nice...

whoo!

sorry to wullie but you cant half tell your scottish! lol

Why? I bet you dinnae ken whit thae Scots talk like... ;)

sarah
31-07-08, 11:02 AM
because everything he puts is this:

a just ben too ma car a = i

someone else is like it on the other forum im reading it and im like eh? then i see there location, all makes sense,

arwilson80
31-07-08, 11:14 AM
Aye, but then again if you read Oor Wullie you'd know what the (broad) Scots talk like. ;)

I ken what thae guys frae Scotland talk like... Our local dialect is known as 'Ulster Scots'. :)

SharronB
31-07-08, 11:15 AM
lol i noticed that they type like they talk (not that theres anything wrong with that)

sarah
31-07-08, 11:17 AM
oh no, theres nout wrong with it, just find it funny when im reading it lol.

SharronB
31-07-08, 11:19 AM
I had to laugh when we went down to sussex, people kept asking if we were irish :laugh:

SharronB
31-07-08, 11:20 AM
oh no, theres nout wrong with it, just find it funny when im reading it lol.

lol i know sometimes i have to read it twice to understand it

sarah
31-07-08, 11:23 AM
do you find yourself hearing the accent when reading it?

i do lol

SharronB
31-07-08, 11:28 AM
Yeah! lol

wullie-zs180
31-07-08, 11:33 AM
am sorrry:cry:

sarah
31-07-08, 11:41 AM
awww no hun i wasnt meaning it in a bad way, just confuses me at times lol

:console: :wub:

wullie-zs180
31-07-08, 11:46 AM
:laugh: yeah a no lol :laugh::laugh:

SharronB
31-07-08, 11:49 AM
am sorrry:cry:

Dont be hun! ive noticed a lot of people type in their accents, should try and read a geordies posts lol

stamford
31-07-08, 12:18 PM
I noticed the 'accent' a long time ago and realised straight away, when you read it you find yourself hearing the accent as well. I like it.

Phate
31-07-08, 02:44 PM
It's hard to read, but cool when you get used to it :)

3hrs and 45mins people. Not that I am REALLY desperate or anything :p

stamford
31-07-08, 02:46 PM
Is that the countdown til you get the keys then?

Phate
31-07-08, 04:19 PM
Is that the countdown til you get the keys then?

Ive got a job interview at 7 tonight in a pub. My dad is getting to the pub (with the car) at 7.30 and we are gonna go for a quick spin, make sure all is in order, then I'm giving it back to him as the air con is being gassed and I'll get it back for good, tomorrow evening :)

Then going to Gloucester on Saturday for an RR with the other forum :smile2:

TjP
31-07-08, 06:41 PM
Hope everything is well with the fixed up car dude!

I remeber getting my old car back after being in the garage for 2 weeks getting the wheels refurbed under warranty... felt sooo weird driving it home (weird in a good way :D). Really makes you appreciate it too, when its been gone for a while :)

Craig
31-07-08, 06:50 PM
If a typed like a spoke, you widnae huv a scoob whit a wuz oan aboot :D

Jings crivens help ma boab - Oor Wullie rocks :D

http://www.thatsbraw.co.uk/Oor%20Wullie/OW-Page.htm

I do however, have a more well spoken voice, which I can instantly change into due to my job, I generally change how I speak depending on what kind of house im working in, or whom I am speaking to on the phone

SharronB
31-07-08, 07:01 PM
Lol i got the first bit :D

talkingcars
31-07-08, 07:46 PM
Init confusin' wot diffrent gizzas talk like

but hay, I'm totally cool about it.

Phate
31-07-08, 07:46 PM
Well...I've driven it :D

My god it felt so good, took it for a blast up the road and it was such a relief off my shoulders you have no idea!

The car drives just like before, it feels a lot tighter as well! Marks from the accident are...

tiny marks on the front of the bumper where it hit the fence, some marks on the side of the bonnet for some reason, but nothing major - I went over it with a tooth comb, and the o/s front wing is VERY slightly out of alignment.

Apart from that, she looks fine :)

One thing though, a strange noise developed whilst I was driving it, you only really here it when it's idleing - it's a whining noise...coming from the front n/s of the engine bay. It's very odd - it'll be looked at tomorrow, but I dunno what it is yet.

Apart from that, I wub my ZS :D

Craig
31-07-08, 08:06 PM
Great newws mate, bet your very pleased. What parts were replaced in the end?

Phate
31-07-08, 08:15 PM
Great newws mate, bet your very pleased. What parts were replaced in the end?

Clutch, o/s drive shaft, bumper, wing, bumper back support beam, gearbox mount, engine mount - err think thats it.

Any ideas what this noise could be?

Also will the car come to much harm if its running without the airbox resonator? will it lose power?

thanks.

Craig
31-07-08, 08:21 PM
Is the noise coming from the power steering pump?

Phate
31-07-08, 08:23 PM
Is the noise coming from the power steering pump?

Hard to tell, it's gone now to have the aircon done for tomorrow but it seemed to come from the top of the engine bay if that helps.

But surely it'd whine all the time? it seems to go when you give it throttle...might just be being drowned out by 6 cylinders though lol

TjP
31-07-08, 08:29 PM
I took the resonator box out of my old car on purpose, as it supposedly gives a nicer induction noise. It had been done by many folks on the Owners Club for that car and no one ever mentioned losing power for it. In that car it was just a box/tube with a hole in it, so dont think you'll lose power... not sure about the ZS, but I would think its a similar story.

Craig
31-07-08, 08:32 PM
Stamfords the man for induction queries, I have no resonator box on mine but I have an enclosed induction kit instead

KevG
31-07-08, 08:49 PM
Is the A/C on while the car is doing this?

Phate
31-07-08, 08:51 PM
Is the A/C on while the car is doing this?

Not that I remember. The A/C is being gassed tomorrow, it's empty atm.

stamford
31-07-08, 10:10 PM
Re: noise from car, could be the lack of resonator box making a hissing noise. The resonator is that, it's there to dull the induction roar.

Important:If it has been removed what is the air filter piped to from the bottom of the OE airbox? Is the lower horizontal pipe still attached to the bottom of the airbox? I only ask because if there is nothing there, then the inlet is at water level! The induction must be free from water ingress, therefore an open hole low down will suck water in big time and you will suffer hydralock, a scrap engine.

Full OE kit is as this:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/stamfordzs180/MG%20ZS180/DSC00014.jpg
Resonator to the left, airbox to the right, connecting pipe between the two.

Phate
31-07-08, 10:39 PM
Stamford, thanks for letting me know. I will get a check done tomorrow and see if there is a hole there. If there is can I just get a piece of pipe to replace the resonator? effectively?

I won't have time to source one for tomorrow!

EDIT: IF I can just get a pipe, could you tell me the diameter of each that is needed?

Thanks! :)

DeMoNPauL
01-08-08, 02:06 AM
Didn't have to hear the accent here:smile2:

Its quite obvious by his nick:shifty::thumbsup:

stamford
01-08-08, 07:45 AM
If you still have the airbox and lower pipe fitted and no resonator, then get yourself some tumble dryer hose and attach it to the exposed pipe using jubilee clips and tank tape to seal it off. The other end needs to be tied up inside the inner wing up near the headlight/bumper join line.

That should do you for some time until you change it for something of better qualit. In the meantime it is a half decent budget mod and was my first one btw, you get a nice little roar too!

Phate
01-08-08, 08:05 AM
If you still have the airbox and lower pipe fitted and no resonator, then get yourself some tumble dryer hose and attach it to the exposed pipe using jubilee clips and tank tape to seal it off. The other end needs to be tied up inside the inner wing up near the headlight/bumper join line.

That should do you for some time until you change it for something of better qualit. In the meantime it is a half decent budget mod and was my first one btw, you get a nice little roar too!

Mick,

do you mean I don't have to have a pipe to replace the resonator box? I can just have a pipe going from the airbox then tied up somewhere behind the bumper out of harms way?

What about the hole from the other end of the resonator box? are you saying tape this up?

Sorry I'm slow on these things :(

stamford
01-08-08, 08:52 AM
I'm off out soon, day off, so I'll try a mod a photo for you.

The photo I posted minus the resonator box (which you don't need) include the lower horizontal pipe. From the open end which would have gone to the resonator box place your hose on this then tie the other end up inside the wing roughly where the headlight sits at its bottom edge. Basically bypassing the resonator box/position.

rbull51
01-08-08, 09:03 AM
do you have a before and after picture of your car??? would be interesting to see them.

Phate
01-08-08, 09:20 AM
I'm off out soon, day off, so I'll try a mod a photo for you.

The photo I posted minus the resonator box (which you don't need) include the lower horizontal pipe. From the open end which would have gone to the resonator box place your hose on this then tie the other end up inside the wing roughly where the headlight sits at its bottom edge. Basically bypassing the resonator box/position.

Ahhh gotcha :)

Now I understand :D

Cheers bud!

Phate
01-08-08, 09:21 AM
do you have a before and after picture of your car??? would be interesting to see them.

Not yet, going to give it a damn good clean tonight and then take some piccys.