PDA

View Full Version : Time to let go

niknog
01-08-08, 06:04 PM
Right folks, at last I have sold the Zed, after being up for sale for the last three months approx. My last trip is 1 1/2hr drive down to Blyth Services on the A1 tomorrow morning for the exchange. Not sure how I feel, I am letting my all time favourite car up and will be replacing it in a few months with a "Family Car", something that the missus will feel comfortable in the back of with a couple of child seats. But this will hopefully not be the end of the MG life, I am looking into getting an MGF, cat D write off to do up and run as a weekend, special occassion car. You never know I could back back with another ZS in the future, and I will be passing the site details over to the new owner...he cannot miss it as it is on the front and rear windscreens LOL.

Hope to look in on the site every now and then to see how peoples rides are progressing.:thankyou: for all the help and advice I have had or read whilst here.

Nik

talkingcars
01-08-08, 08:16 PM
:sad: You'll miss it.

We actually bought the ZS to be the family car, more usable than the Range Rover or the Espace that precedded it!

When I was a kid a decent engined saloon was the family car to go for, my parents had a Ford Corsair 2.0 V4, there were no hatchbacks, no MPVs or comfy 4x4, just VW buses, land rovers, estates or saloons! God, I sound old!

niknog
02-08-08, 06:47 PM
After letting her go today, the person who bought her said that he has already been on the site and had a look around, so hopefully he will stay and enjoy the site like I hsve.

arwilson80
02-08-08, 09:41 PM
Soooo... are you missing it? ;)

niknog
03-08-08, 05:54 PM
Hell, yes! Someone has been trying to wind me up today. I have seen two Zs's parked near the place I am staying, both Trophy Blue with extreme spoilers, just like mine was. I am having to borrow the missus' Rover 25. It's not bad, but not quite an MG.

stamford
03-08-08, 06:57 PM
Okay guys, shall we open a book on how long it'll be before he buys another! :laugh:

I seen this many times................guys sells ZS, a few months later buys back into the fold!

niknog
03-08-08, 08:08 PM
The good lady is also missing the zed already which surprises me. She would like me to buy her a ZR and get rid of the 25 but I dont see the point yet. I might just get the MGF my mate had seen. Just under £200 for a Cat D that needs a bonnet, bumper and one headlight. Might wait til I get home as we ahve been hit with secondary flooding from last year ad are currently living in a city centre apartment with no parking facilities.

stamford
03-08-08, 09:03 PM
I've seen a few bargins lately with regards the 'f's, wouldn't mind one myself for commuting................doubt if I'll be allowed though, the missus would probably have it!

arwilson80
03-08-08, 10:50 PM
You wouldn't want a 'hairdressers car' anyway... would you Stamford? ;)

talkingcars
04-08-08, 07:02 AM
I am having to borrow the missus' Rover 25. It's not bad, but not quite an MG.

So why let the ZS go, could have sold the 25!

niknog
04-08-08, 07:38 AM
As much as anything, fuel and insurance! Although she liked the Zed, she was not confident parking it, just liked blasting it around and having people look at her as she drove it. Practicality rules in our house unfortunately. In time we will get another MG of one model or another, but as we are not at home and I cannot get into my garage due to garden furntiure, house stuff, and just the usual crud kept in a garage I cannot even get a cat D until I move back, which will probably be early next year.