PDA

View Full Version : Argh - going to kill someone or a random organism

Phate
03-08-08, 06:12 PM
Argh!

I went to the RR yesterday. After getting my car back on Friday I had every intention on running the car.

So we get there, things are going well and it's my turn for the runners...bung the car on...

Now before you read this bit I've driven 150 miles to this and the car has been perfect.

So it's on the rollers...and when straightening it up the steering wheel is shaking/vibrating...which is odd...didn't do that at all on the way up.

So the guy said "well I'll give it a go anyway" - he trys a bit of throttle and the car is not happy at all, it keeps JUMPING out of the rollers (scary when you have had the car back less than 24hrs!) and the passenger wheel will not sit still...the guy says he can't run it.

So whilst others are running I get the same place to jack it up so we can have a nosey underneith....IT'S STILL GOT THE ORIGINAL SUSPENSION ON.

When the car was written off I bought all new suspension for that corner, as I knew it was damaged so I just thought I'd replace it all...but nope, we gave the bits to the mechanic to do, but the suspension that's on it has got white paint from when the fence was hit in the accident (as do other various bits of the car) - so he guy has charged us for replacing the suspension and just repaired the original.

So it make sense, on the road it works fine as it is working individually as a wheel, but on the rollers where it's not perfect like the other 3 wheels it jumps everywhere.

To say I'm fuming is an understatement. I still had an awesome day but drove 150 for effectively...nothing. ARRRGHHHH

stamford
03-08-08, 06:33 PM
Hope you are going to follow that up and get compensation as it is a form of theft what has occurred. I wouldn't leave it there, no way!

carl-mgzs
03-08-08, 06:41 PM
no i wouldnt leave it there either... thats pretty harsh fitting back the original damaged suspension! what an A hole

mrt_04
03-08-08, 06:43 PM
Extremely dangerous mechanic. There is a website where you can name & shame.....like most things these days............see if I can dig it out for you :angry: :angry: :angry:

Phate
03-08-08, 06:59 PM
Hope you are going to follow that up and get compensation as it is a form of theft what has occurred. I wouldn't leave it there, no way!

Oh I won't...thing is though I plan on tracking this car and taking it to the ring, if I hadn't of known I would've done all that on half knackered suspension :o !

The mechanic...is my Dad's cousin of all people, so I've told him, going to let him sort it out. On the road it drives absolutely fine, I've been hooning it all weekend, not a slight issue with it, but I really wanted to run it and he has my new parts I bought!

stamford
03-08-08, 07:07 PM
If you can't trust family, who can you trust?

Needs a good seeing to, some cousin! I wouldn't mess about, family just makes it worse!

Craig
03-08-08, 08:46 PM
If you can't trust family, who can you trust?!

facking hell mate, what with you bro and your cuz, I wouldnt swap families with you. Maybe you were adopted

TjP
03-08-08, 08:50 PM
^ Check the earlobes, 100% giveaway if youre adopted :p

Bad times about the suspension though... if the guy thought he had fixed the shock (or whatever) properly though, maybe he didnt do it out of malace. He should have told you mind, and given you back the replacement part. Could be a good explanation for it all, but if not... :chair:

Phate
03-08-08, 09:03 PM
On the plus side...considering it was written off it doesn't look THAT bad...

http://www.je-design.co.uk/mecar.jpg

XPCobra
03-08-08, 09:15 PM
bonnet gaps could be better

Phate
03-08-08, 09:20 PM
bonnet gaps could be better

I know :(

That's the problem I have with it now, you can tell it was in an accident :(

I'll get a mate over and have a play about to try and get the gaps better over the next couple of weeks or something...the bumper is really low, about 4 or 5mm all round. Not sure if anything can be done about that though.

arwilson80
03-08-08, 10:53 PM
why has it got a government tax disk holder? ;)

Looks good all the same.

Phate
03-08-08, 11:05 PM
why has it got a government tax disk holder? ;)

Looks good all the same.

Blame my Dad's gf...I needed a tax disc holder and she happened to have one, it's tamper proof. God knows what I'm going to do when it comes to renewal time! :shutup2:

Phate
04-08-08, 08:28 AM
this is the car on the rollers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMASGcAfxKY

Mat C
04-08-08, 04:45 PM
Man alive, you need to write to Trisha or that nasty little shouty man, Jeremy Kyle and solve your family issues in a public fight !

KevG
04-08-08, 06:41 PM
Man that is well dodgy!!

Phate
04-08-08, 11:38 PM
Man that is well dodgy!!

Just a tad! :p

markyzs180
04-08-08, 11:57 PM
So, lets sum this up....your bro kills your car then your dads cousin tries to kill you by not fitting supplied new parts?

hmmmmm....time to divorce your entire family tree .... :-D

Phate
05-08-08, 12:04 AM
hmmmmm....time to divorce your entire family tree .... :-D

Oh if only mate, if only!

markyzs180
05-08-08, 12:06 AM
Oh if only mate, if only!

hehehe....

Phate
05-08-08, 12:12 AM
Love you ZS btw :D - it's in the right colour as well ;)

stamford
05-08-08, 07:22 AM
You can choose your friends, but not your family....................how true a statement!

Phate
05-08-08, 08:19 AM
You can choose your friends, but not your family....................how true a statement!
Indeed :(

But one can seperate themselves from said family! :alcoholic:

arwilson80
05-08-08, 08:57 AM
But one can seperate themselves from said family! :alcoholic:

You can but i'd say it's probably one of the hardest things you'd ever have to do (i'm just guessing though as i've not had to do it).

Phate
05-08-08, 01:03 PM
You can but i'd say it's probably one of the hardest things you'd ever have to do (i'm just guessing though as i've not had to do it).

Probably...my family did it for me buy seperating themselves (mostly)

mattie007
07-08-08, 08:08 PM
the bumper is really low, about 4 or 5mm all round. Not sure if anything can be done about that though.

Your not having much look mate!
Bumper is an easy-ish fix though.
First of all, take the whole bumper off. You may need to take the wheels off and peel back the arch liner to access some of the bolts. Next, unscrew the cross member at the front (big black plastic beam), which is held on with 4 bolts.
Make the screw holes bigger so that the cross member sits higher when you put it back on. I did this with a round file. When the beam is back on and the bumper in place you will see that the bumper has been raised and the gap has been significantly reduced.
When I got my ZS you could nearly put your hand through the gap, but now its all fits up nicely.
Hope this helps! :unsure::smile1: