PDA

View Full Version : Okay, who's the git.............

stamford
10-08-08, 06:30 PM
..........who sniped me and got the XPower jacket and beat me by a quid? :crazy:

ThumpJunkie
10-08-08, 06:55 PM
My bad.

stamford
10-08-08, 07:01 PM
Get out! :shoot2:

talkingcars
10-08-08, 07:57 PM
..........who sniped me and got the XPower jacket and beat me by a quid? :crazy:

over on triple m we have a thread listing everybodies ebay name.

Also if something that several people may want to bid on we will declare our interest to avoid bidding against each other.

I am Talkingcars on ebay as well.

Craig
10-08-08, 08:04 PM
over on triple m we have a thread listing everybodies ebay name.

Also if something that several people may want to bid on we will declare our interest to avoid bidding against each other.

I am Talkingcars on ebay as well.

Thats a great idea!

stamford
11-08-08, 07:12 AM
Yea, good idea, however a bit chuffing late now :laugh: ho hum!

Dan1971
11-08-08, 08:49 AM
....Hmmm....

Even if you know who you're bidding against ....you're still gonna want the item and have a price in mind that you're prepared to pay ???

stamford
11-08-08, 09:17 AM
Indeed Dan, I set myself a limit, but a pound :huh: probably payback for when I've done it!

arwilson80
11-08-08, 11:23 AM
I only ever bid on anything about 3 seconds from the end and i put in my absolute max i'm prepared to pay. That way if i loose out i haven't time to try again and see if another £1 will win it.

TjP
11-08-08, 11:43 AM
Yeah sniping is the only way I bid on ebay usually. My feeling is that by bidding a few days before the end of the auction, youre just driving the price up. Some people will raise their maximum's if they have time to think about it, or if they see its just a pound or few more.

You can get software which snipes for you, and you can set it to bid x seconds before the end. I dont want to spend money on the software though :p

talkingcars
11-08-08, 06:58 PM
http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm gives upto 3 free 10second snipes a week and no need to download softwear. I set up a seperate eBay account for this so if it gets hacked they don't get to my main account and my paypal account.

The advantage of knowing others bidding limits is that you don't both bid up an item to a point where one of you bows out and then the other pays the next incrument. If I am only willing to bid X for an item but someone is willing to bid X+1 it is silly for me to bid up to X if I already know that I will lose by X+1.

Craig
11-08-08, 07:02 PM
I use gixen, its free, like Alan, I never bid untill the very end.

arwilson80
11-08-08, 10:55 PM
...but i don't use software. ;) I actually sit and wait.