SimonMGZS
11-08-08, 07:07 PM
my car has finally made itself into a magazine
this is a friends magazine that he has decided to do online

link as follows

http://www.carcruzin.com/

stamford
12-08-08, 07:31 AM
Perhaps I missed it, but where is your car?

arwilson80
12-08-08, 09:05 AM
I had a look as well... only got ½ way through the mag though as it was being slow. Didn't see it either.

coreygraham180
12-08-08, 09:06 AM
Sorry I couldn't see it either

Mat C
12-08-08, 09:42 AM
It took several attempts but i finaly found it ! Car looks fantastic mate, congrats on an excellent ZS ! However . . . . can't say the same about this 'online magazine'. Surely it's just a glorified website ? If i want a magazine i'll buy one from a shelf that wont keep crashing or is a nightmare to read ! :)

sarah
12-08-08, 12:53 PM
It took several attempts but i finaly found it ! Car looks fantastic mate, congrats on an excellent ZS ! However . . . . can't say the same about this 'online magazine'. Surely it's just a glorified website ? If i want a magazine i'll buy one from a shelf that wont keep crashing or is a nightmare to read ! :)

:crazy: im either blind or ive missed something, can you show me please?

Mat C
12-08-08, 12:56 PM
it's the very last pages

sarah
12-08-08, 01:03 PM
:huh: i searched basically the whole magazine then i found some blank pages!

Mat C
12-08-08, 01:05 PM
yeah, this is the problem i found - you might have to keep re-loading. This is the classic case of technology trying to improve on a medium that never needed fixing. A paper magazine is perfect as it is.

Shafz
12-08-08, 01:22 PM
direct link

http://viewer.zmags.com/showmag.php?mid=htfgh#/page64/

dvid
12-08-08, 01:55 PM
Am I losing the plot here?

On Page 68-69 the exhaust appears to exit on the left, but on page 70-71 it exits on the right?

I must be going mental

arwilson80
12-08-08, 02:23 PM
I see it now... just didn't look far enough through.

I see the exhaust thing too. :confused:

TjP
12-08-08, 02:24 PM
They have flipped the image horizontally.

Car looks good, shame its right at the back though!

Bobdope2002
12-08-08, 04:00 PM
Sweet as fook Install mate

Not a huge fan off the alloys though

But well done for persevering and getting a mag shoot :)

carl-mgzs
12-08-08, 05:22 PM
looking good...good install aswell... did you build it yourself or get a company to do it for you ?

Murray203ps
12-08-08, 06:09 PM
Well done for getting it into the mag fella. Looking good.

stamford
12-08-08, 06:41 PM
For some reason the full mag would not load, thanks shafz, all's good :yes:

Well done fella, not a bad write up.

SimonMGZS
12-08-08, 07:01 PM
looking good...good install aswell... did you build it yourself or get a company to do it for you ?

my woodworking skills are basically non existent in that sort of field so i got somebody to do it

SimonMGZS
12-08-08, 07:03 PM
Am I losing the plot here?

On Page 68-69 the exhaust appears to exit on the left, but on page 70-71 it exits on the right?

I must be going mental

i have only just noticed that myself so i am going to find out what they have done

SimonMGZS
12-08-08, 07:06 PM
thanks for the comments everybody
every comment has been taken and it will help them to iron out any niggles with the write up's and problems with the magazine

TjP
12-08-08, 07:06 PM
i have only just noticed that myself so i am going to find out what they have done

Easy to flip an image like the in photoshop... Ctrl T, right click > Flip Horizontal.

If you look closer you can see the MG badge is reversed too.

stamford
12-08-08, 07:08 PM
:hmmm: no site stickers and no mention of us, a missed opportunity.

SimonMGZS
12-08-08, 07:10 PM
yeah i did notice that but it only seems to be the back end that had been flipped because the fuel filler cap is also on the wrong side

Bobdope2002
12-08-08, 07:14 PM
ahhh i wouldnt be at all fussed by that mate

looking through that book if you look at page 58-59 theyre is a 75 parked along some modded cars with its boot open

SimonMGZS
12-08-08, 07:46 PM
:hmmm: no site stickers and no mention of us, a missed opportunity.

oooooh shoot it was a missed opportunity but if you would like to send me some i will put them on my car and the people who do the mag do know about the zs forum and even the zr forum so they might be in touch with the site owner or somebody

SimonMGZS
13-08-08, 06:59 PM
spoke to the management of the magazine today and had a bit of a laugh about it aswell but it was done like that for a reason and the reason that when the pic was taken it was taken on the left side of the car and they needed it the other way round and so they could fit on the page

if there are any comments/problems with the magazine that have asked if you could email with the problems so they can get them sorted

but bear in mind it is there first mag and they are having teething problems but who doesn't have teething problems i even bet that this site had teething problems when it first started

the email address that you can contact them is

staff@carcruzin.com

SimonMGZS
13-08-08, 07:01 PM
ahhh i wouldnt be at all fussed by that mate

looking through that book if you look at page 58-59 theyre is a 75 parked along some modded cars with its boot open

i think that might be a rover 45 hatchback as i dont think they made a rover 75 hatchback i know did do the estate version

Bobdope2002
13-08-08, 09:12 PM
nope its defo a 75 matey

The estate version i believe

stamford
13-08-08, 09:22 PM
oooooh shoot it was a missed opportunity but if you would like to send me some i will put them on my car and the people who do the mag do know about the zs forum and even the zr forum so they might be in touch with the site owner or somebody

Look to the left under user name ;)

link (http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4929) for site stickers :D