PDA

View Full Version : It’s official…

arwilson80
14-08-08, 11:53 AM
…I hate my tyres (Falken on the Front & Pirelli on the Back)! :rant:

Driving home last night I was pretty much driving through rivers of water, but even where there was shallow / non-existent amounts of water on the road I was sliding all over the place!

These ones aren’t a patch on the Avon ZZ3s that I had on before, and they weren’t just as good as the Toyo I had on the ZR before that. :(

Phate
14-08-08, 11:55 AM
I had Pirelli's once...on my first car.

After sliding and ended up mere feet from the back end of a lorry (about 50ft worth of skids) I can safely say I'll never have another set again. Worst tyres, ever.

TjP
14-08-08, 12:05 PM
Tyres are not something I like to skimp on. Ive had Toyo T1-R's on both my cars, very good tyres for a modest price. I dont feel confident with the car unless I know its wearing good rubber on the wheels.

stamford
14-08-08, 12:15 PM
Once that happens you have lost all confidence in your car.

lewerty
14-08-08, 12:58 PM
shouldnt mixed tyre anyway coz one is goin to have more/ or less grip than the other and dont give u a feel for the car when drivin

arwilson80
14-08-08, 01:08 PM
Once that happens you have lost all confidence in your car.

Yip. It's never felt the same since i got the back ones on. I slow down for corners now which i never really had to before (and even more so in the wet. it's like driving on ice.).

shouldnt mixed tyre anyway coz one is goin to have more/ or less grip than the other and dont give u a feel for the car when drivin

I tried to get the same but when you have no tread / puncture and need the car there's not really much option. :(

RalphG
14-08-08, 02:41 PM
I tried Pirelli PZero Assimetricos on my first ZS180. I regard them as positively dangerous when fitted to the ZS, as there is little or no grip in the wet. No doubt these tyres are okay on other cars, but NOT on the ZS.

The best tyre that I found for price/performance on the ZS is the Avon ZZ3.

Bobdope2002
14-08-08, 03:51 PM
On my 18's theyre is a brand i have never ever heard off some cheapo ones id assume

But IMHO theyre the best tyres ive had they seem to grip like hell in the rain and are absolutely brill in the dry even better than the pratically new toyo PXR4's i have sat on my OE wheels

dave87
14-08-08, 04:19 PM
I have unheard of branded tyres on my car and I also don't have a problem in the wet. Granted this could be more to do with not owning a v6 and less to do with the rubber but still

arwilson80
14-08-08, 04:36 PM
I tried Pirelli PZero Assimetricos on my first ZS180. I regard them as positively dangerous when fitted to the ZS, as there is little or no grip in the wet.

I think these are the ones i have on the front. Driving in the wet is like driving on a 'Skating Rink' - i 200% agree... AVOID like the plague!

The best tyre that I found for price/performance on the ZS is the Avon ZZ3.

That's what i replaced... and i may just get all 4 changed as the ones i have now are :pileofpoo:

SharronB
14-08-08, 05:25 PM
We have some unbranded ones on ours and never had a problem, they seem to be very good tyres :D

KevG
14-08-08, 05:54 PM
If you want a good Wet weather tyre, then Uniroyal Rainsports1 are the best, but they are a bit pricey for the OE size (205/45x17).

grimmy
14-08-08, 07:23 PM
I have had Kumho Ecsta's on both my mk1 120 and my mk2 180 and found them to be pretty good all rounders and fairly inexpensive only 65 quid a corner for the mk2 17"