PDA

View Full Version : The Boring 400

dollysprint
15-08-08, 12:56 AM

For those who requested a bit more to read on this 400. Its a 420i,2 litre T series and for now normally aspirated(turbo next season). Its been lowered by 45mm at the front and 25mm at the rear,standard shocks,it brakes on standard size grooved discs and yellow stuff pads. It has a custom made 3in exhaust,single silenced at the rear and catalysed,racing plugs and a K&N cold air fed filter. Sits on 16in Rover Streetwise alloys shod with falken 512's
Other than that and what you see in the pictures its standard.
And believe it or not this thing goes round a sprint track almost as fast as an M3!
It has cost a grand total of £800 including the mods and the exhaust alone cost nearly £300,The car itself cost £148.
And its street legal

Dave

stamford
15-08-08, 07:01 AM
Cheers for the info Dave. Will you update this as and when there is more to know, like events and development?

papa_lazaroo
15-08-08, 10:38 AM
If you are ever at Dnnington, or midlands area, I'd turn out to support (that's waving and cheering:clap2:, not donating cash or spanner time, sorry)

Ali G
15-08-08, 01:02 PM
The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for R305 SFL are:

Date of Liability 01 09 2008
Date of First Registration 23 06 1998
Year of Manufacture 1998
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1994CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour GREY ??
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

arwilson80
15-08-08, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I think (almost sure in fact) it's a very dark grey.

Bobdope2002
15-08-08, 01:29 PM
how is it street legal???

do those light covers come off???

stamford
15-08-08, 02:25 PM
how is it street legal???

do those light covers come off???

Probably the same as Dave's stripped out trackday ZS.

I've had stripped out cars with bucket seats, harnesses, roll cages and they have been road legal. As long as it meets the current legal requirements for an MOT for a car of its age etc.

dollysprint
15-08-08, 03:59 PM
Yeah I.ll update if you're interested,but for this year it will only run in the RAF MSA events at Barkston Heath and a few promo events. Next year once the turbo goes in we'll step up to other events with a view to the LMA in season 3.
Despite what this cost,motorsport is expensive and Dan(my son) needs experience but this will be the car we use although much more modified than it is now.
Its Charcoal Grey which to be honest is all but black to look at and the sprayed headlamp covers just unclip at the end of the race,timing bar comes off and the number plates go back on. He drives it to work in the week. It passes the mot no problem and as you can see from the dvla enquiry posted above the tax is about to expire(thanks for reminding me)

Dave

Maxfly
15-08-08, 04:46 PM
Yeah I.ll update if you're interested,but for this year it will only run in the RAF MSA events at Barkston Heath and a few promo events. Next year once the turbo goes in we'll step up to other events with a view to the LMA in season 3.
Despite what this cost,motorsport is expensive and Dan(my son) needs experience but this will be the car we use although much more modified than it is now.
Its Charcoal Grey which to be honest is all but black to look at and the sprayed headlamp covers just unclip at the end of the race,timing bar comes off and the number plates go back on. He drives it to work in the week. It passes the mot no problem and as you can see from the dvla enquiry posted above the tax is about to expire(thanks for reminding me)

Dave

nohing worse than being reminded when yer road tax is due lol.

still stand by my statement ths 400 are boring, don't mean i don't like em but still think they are boring. that one looks the nuts tho:)

mrt_04
16-08-08, 08:49 AM
I would rather follow that lovely example, than the normal 400's!!!!! :D