PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washers???

ZS B19LYB
24-08-08, 11:18 AM
hiya people just a quick q does anyone own a pressure washer or whats good and whats not, looking at buying one but havent got a clue what to go for. thanks

coopsman1
24-08-08, 11:33 AM
hiya people just a quick q does anyone own a pressure washer or whats good and whats not, looking at buying one but havent got a clue what to go for. thanks

1st question that is relevant mate is, will you have a permanent water supply i.e a hose pipe or are you looking at sucking it out of a bucket/barrel.

anyway i highly recommend karcher pressure washers, they have a good range of attachments especially the foam mixer which is particularly good with snow foam.

Steves Cleenz
24-08-08, 11:47 AM
when buying a pressure washer dont be fooled by just the bar pressure as most of the time this is down to just the nozzle, so if you had something that was 200 ltres per hour at 120 bar this is crap as its throwing hardly anywater out, but then if you have something like 350 litres per hour at 100 bar then this is good, always look at the water flow rate, go for something over 350ltrs per hour, as the more water you can throw on a car the better it is as rinsing the car therefore not leaving dirty water on the car, my jet wash is 400 ltr Per hour and only 120bar, karchers are good machines and do last quite a long time, good place to go is donnington market, theres a bloke there that is a karcher dealer and he does recon machines at half price and you get a full guarantee with them

i own 2 pressure washers by the way lol

coopsman1
24-08-08, 11:53 AM
good place to go is donnington market, theres a bloke there that is a karcher dealer and he does recon machines at half price and you get a full guarantee with them

might have to see if i can find him as one of mine has packed in and i was going to through it away, wouldnt happen to have anymore info would you?

Steves Cleenz
24-08-08, 12:10 PM
the bloke is up there most weeks, cant miss him really as he has quite a big stall.

coopsman1
24-08-08, 12:14 PM
the bloke is up there most weeks, cant miss him really as he has quite a big stall.

cheers mate,

ZS B19LYB
24-08-08, 12:21 PM
1st question that is relevant mate is, will you have a permanent water supply i.e a hose pipe or are you looking at sucking it out of a bucket/barrel.

anyway i highly recommend karcher pressure washers, they have a good range of attachments especially the foam mixer which is particularly good with snow foam.

it will be a hose pipe so yes constant supply of water

ZS B19LYB
24-08-08, 12:21 PM
when buying a pressure washer dont be fooled by just the bar pressure as most of the time this is down to just the nozzle, so if you had something that was 200 ltres per hour at 120 bar this is crap as its throwing hardly anywater out, but then if you have something like 350 litres per hour at 100 bar then this is good, always look at the water flow rate, go for something over 350ltrs per hour, as the more water you can throw on a car the better it is as rinsing the car therefore not leaving dirty water on the car, my jet wash is 400 ltr Per hour and only 120bar, karchers are good machines and do last quite a long time, good place to go is donnington market, theres a bloke there that is a karcher dealer and he does recon machines at half price and you get a full guarantee with them

i own 2 pressure washers by the way lol

thanks thats helpfull

Bobdope2002
24-08-08, 12:27 PM
be careful too the rover paint is very soft and it may flake off if to much pressure is applied to one place especially around the wheel arches

Zippy Saloon
24-08-08, 03:30 PM
Avoid like the plague the RAC washers - bought one on offer a few years ago from Argos (came with a polisher and a 12v vacuum cleaner) all 3 were seriously crap!

Had a B&Q one years ago that was made by Karcher - that was great, lost one of the lances, got in touch with Karcher and they sent me a new one FOC.
Sadly I dont think the B&Q ones are Karcher anymore.

markyzs180
25-08-08, 09:38 PM
I've got the Powercraft one from Aldi, they are made by Karcher and come with a 3 year warranty, 380 litres per hour at 120 bar and only 79.99 !!! :thumbsup: