PDA

View Full Version : PX Valuation ...... LOL !!!

Dan1971
26-08-08, 04:37 PM
Against a £7,999 07 2.2 auto Vectra estate from Bristol Street in Doncaster ......

....... £2K. :happy::happy:

Bobdope2002
26-08-08, 05:03 PM
the value of all MG/Rovers are crashing mate its feckin annoying

Im so tempted to just keep mine for ages and just buy another car and keep the zed

Doesnt make financial sense but i think thats about the best option

john180
26-08-08, 05:23 PM
yeah i was offered £2200 against a dodge avenger the other week.

carmadbaker
26-08-08, 05:25 PM
thats awful bud, i was offered £4200 against a jag x-type diesel (£6999)!! head down kent way buddy :) we love our Zeds! you need me with you for some expert haggling ;)

summerfies
26-08-08, 06:23 PM
Anything from £1800 to £2700 for my '04 plate Mk1, Mint with 30k on it. What a joke for such an excellent car.

TjP
26-08-08, 06:30 PM
Bah I paid about 6k for mine several months ago...

I plan on keeping mine ages though, as for me the next "step" from a ZS is going to be M3 terrotory (or something with similar grunt, ie RS4). Im miles away from being able to afford one of those though and thats without getting insured, so the ZS is staying for a good while! :yes:

arwilson80
26-08-08, 06:43 PM
There are very few in NI so i'd imagine i'd get a slightly better offer. All down to supply & demand. And the tax situation of course. :(

stamford
26-08-08, 06:57 PM
Well, that is the reason why I am keeping mine, to hell with giving it away as it is worth more to me.

I'm of the same opinion as Tim, keep it and buy something else to run alongside it. I have regretted selling a few cars in the past and wish I had kept them. I have a friend who still has his HSR Chevette and that is some 20 years now. Just wish I had kept my HSX version as it was a smashing car. So I made the decision I would keep my ZS for as long as I had a licence or good health :D I don't see then point in selling it considering the value as it holds more sentimental value than market value.

Bobdope2002
26-08-08, 07:05 PM
Well, that is the reason why I am keeping mine, to hell with giving it away as it is worth more to me.

I'm of the same opinion as Tim, keep it and buy something else to run alongside it. I have regretted selling a few cars in the past and wish I had kept them. I have a friend who still has his HSR Chevette and that is some 20 years now. Just wish I had kept my HSX version as it was a smashing car. So I made the decision I would keep my ZS for as long as I had a licence or good health :D I don't see then point in selling it considering the value as it holds more sentimental value than market value.

Yeh i miss the hell out of my MK1 ZS120 wish id never sold it

Its just one of those things really.

The zs will never ever be worth Decent money which is a crying shame fr what car you get

Id love a new motor maybe a Honda Civic but the zed would be getting sorned

Dan1971
26-08-08, 07:22 PM
the value of all MG/Rovers are crashing mate its feckin annoying

Im so tempted to just keep mine for ages and just buy another car and keep the zed

Doesnt make financial sense but i think thats about the best option

You know what ........ you could be onto something there you know. What really makes me laugh, is the garage I got it from in Feb made a far better offer against a Peugeot 307.

54 plate 45K miles 1.6s.....Up for £5499........they offerred £2250 !!!

You've got me thinking now. Seriously. Keep the ZS, tinker, upgrade, polish, drive for fun. Buy a cheap as chips estate for lugging the dog and kids around .... Hmmmm

Bobdope2002
26-08-08, 07:28 PM
You know what ........ you could be onto something there you know. What really makes me laugh, is the garage I got it from in Feb made a far better offer against a Peugeot 307.

54 plate 45K miles 1.6s.....Up for £5499........they offerred £2250 !!!

You've got me thinking now. Seriously. Keep the ZS, tinker, upgrade, polish, drive for fun. Buy a cheap as chips estate for lugging the dog and kids around .... Hmmmm

Well ive been tempted to buy a nail but in all honesty i only do about 100 miles a week

Edit: The vectra is boring why bother

TjP
26-08-08, 07:48 PM
Instead of p/x'ing and paying 5-6k for a Vectra, keep the ZS and buy a ZTT for ~5k! :D You know it makes sense ;) :beer2:

Dan1971
26-08-08, 08:08 PM
Instead of p/x'ing and paying 5-6k for a Vectra, keep the ZS and buy a ZTT for ~5k! :D You know it makes sense ;) :beer2:

Now ...the tax for the ZS and insurance is enough ....a ZT-t aswell !! I ain't made of money. Huge mortgage, 2 kids a dog and a wife at home doesn't add up to me being able to run 3 cars, (two of which expensive to run MGs) and a motorbike....But ..... I do like your thinking.

No way I can px it in for that money. I'll just have to tell the Mrs I'm trying and put a few swap offers around on fleabay and pistonheads.

Dan1971
26-08-08, 08:10 PM
Well ive been tempted to buy a nail but in all honesty i only do about 100 miles a week

Edit: The vectra is boring why bother

I quite liked the vectra to be honest. Exterior kit 2.2 auto, black, 13 months old for £8K. I reckon that's not too bad an offer IMHO.

TjP
26-08-08, 08:29 PM
To be honest I dont think the Vectra is as bad as they make out on Top Gear. I had a run in with one last week... not sure what model it was but I think its an advert car for the local Vx Dealership so might take down the reg next time I see it.

Anyway, he was doing about 80mph+ round some flowing corners with me following (on my private track ofcourse ;)) and I was expecting him to understeer like a fool (as they claimed the vxr did on Top Gear) but nope... not too bad at all from what I saw. Ok so the ZS was much more composed and was mostly below 4.5k rpm IIRC but yeah, not so bad.

Having said that though I was behind a 2.2 going up a steep hill a month or two ago and it seemed to struggle a lot compared to the ZS. Could have been his choice of gear though.

Andyf
27-08-08, 11:41 AM
My mate has a 2.2 Vectra SRi and I don't think they are that quick, they are slightly slower to 60 than a 120 although much better top end and more torque

2.2 Sri

Engine Size 2198 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 9.2 s
Power Output 144 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 203 Nm 149 lb-ft
Top Speed 134 mph

ZS 120

Engine Size 1796 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 9.0 s
Power Output 115 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 160 Nm 118 lb-ft
Top Speed 122 mph

Southside_ZS
27-08-08, 04:45 PM
I think its just dealers using a crap excuse persoanly. They are still in demand. Citroen by me took in an 05 Firefrost MK2 ZS a few weeks back. Not sure if it was a 180 but it had the full kit on it. They put it right on the front of the forcourt up for around £5995 iirc and it sold within a couple of days.

Dan1971
28-08-08, 08:31 AM
I think its just dealers using a crap excuse persoanly. They are still in demand. Citroen by me took in an 05 Firefrost MK2 ZS a few weeks back. Not sure if it was a 180 but it had the full kit on it. They put it right on the front of the forcourt up for around £5995 iirc and it sold within a couple of days.

I reckon so .... same dealer, Bristol St, are selling an XPG Mk 1 180 hatch 53 plate for £3995. Crazy. Times are obvioulsy hard for them. Selling high and bringing in cheap. Good business for them I guess but not so much for the consumer.

stamford
28-08-08, 10:01 AM
With regards dealers there is enormous profit to be made from MGR products, buy in cheap, sell on for a silly profit margin. They will target the later cars with good history and low mileage for maximum gains.

I'm sure we will see the trend change once things settle and our cars will level out within the marketplace, the prices cannot tumble much further.