PDA

View Full Version : Wanted-any car or (bike engine) for racing

stamford
30-08-08, 09:23 PM
I'm thinking of going back to racing again, hotrod & grasstrack and wonder if anyone on here has anything, or knows of anything going cheap. Preferrably in the Hampshire area. I have no idea what as yet, just thinking out loud until I see something that rings a few bells etc. I know I have a Citoen AX sitting here that my daughter says she no longer wants, but getting a red top Vauxhall in that with all the trimmings will take some doing! Might go for a 1000cc bike engine conversion yet!

Times like now makes me ask, 'why the hell did I sell that Sunbeam V8?' :no:

I did notice a nice Megane Coupe in the scrappy a few weeks back :hmmm:

ZS
30-08-08, 09:30 PM
Stamford, your just down the road from me (litterally) :) so if there is anything I can do to help give me a shout!

Not got any engines suitable really but if I hear of anything then I will let you know!

stamford
30-08-08, 09:37 PM
Cheers Sam, started to think about going back. Kathy said why don't you........................bad idea, now I have started looking for suitable donors! I have the room now, kids are grown up, so why not for a laugh :D When I cleared the garden last week I found my jerry can, oil drainer and battery box!

ZS
30-08-08, 09:59 PM
I've been contemplating getting a Racing License myself and doing some racing :) But there are other things I need\want to do first!

Picking up a new Motorbike in a week or so, to commute to work 100mpg, thank you very much!

I've done a few track days and love them :) But I don't want to go straight into driving (would be nice)... I would prefer to start in a more team support role and get to know more about racing etc :)

Anyway I'm sure you'll get lots of offers of help!

arwilson80
30-08-08, 10:15 PM
I've been contemplating getting a Racing License myself and doing some racing :) But there are other things I need\want to do first!

I have the pack sitting here for the Nat B (as over a year) but i've not done anything about it either. Like you i have other higher priority items, and a little short on the £'s. :(
I wonder what karting would be like...

I'll have to wait until Jan before i consider anything though as i can't hold a 'race license' until i see how i get on with the VXR stuff.

stamford
31-08-08, 02:29 PM
Well, the costs of circuit racing is expensive, hence the reason to go back to grasstrack racing, much more affordable and fun! No prize money, just the odd trophy, would be nice to add to to ones sitting in my garage!