PDA

View Full Version : Front Pads and Airintake pipe

Glen290
04-09-08, 09:08 AM
Need some front pads for my 180, wheres ood to get a deent set, was thinking of greenstuff maybe.

Also need a rubber air intake pipe as i have been informed that mine is split.

:cool1:

arwilson80
04-09-08, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't really recommend greenstuff from what i've heard people say... too soft and there are a few ZR folks who have had problems with them (braking surface peeling away from the metal backing).

OE (SMC Cars are normally a great price - at least i think that's what they are called. They have an eBay shop.) or Mintex are ones i've heard recommended.

Maxxed_Ross
04-09-08, 09:49 AM
Mintex or TarOx are a safe bet.

As above I wouldn't touch Green or Red stuff pads with someone else's barge pole. EBC quality has gone right down the pan over the last few years. First if was just the disks but it seems the pads have followed - plus they give off a ton of dust!

Gachet180
04-09-08, 11:34 AM
I've been running EBC greenstuff pads front and rear (with EBC grooved discs on the front) for almost three years now and have never had an issue with them and they have performed well in all conditions. I don't think they give off that much brake dust either.

grimmy
04-09-08, 04:06 PM
I have greenstuff pads on the front of my car and while they are very good pads they are absolutely filthy ,i hear good reports about mintex right enough

Bobdope2002
04-09-08, 04:21 PM
ive gone for some EBC ultimax pads as mine are being replaced sunday i think

idge2003
04-09-08, 07:44 PM
Which rubber pipe you after the main one joining the throttle body? I have one of these if your interested i'll find it up and check its 100% okay

Cheers

Brett

Glen290
05-09-08, 07:53 AM
Yeah its the rubber one from the air box to the throttle body, the big fat one !