PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please....

Dan1971
05-09-08, 01:59 PM
So .... My car's not selling.

Here's my thinking. Remember a few weeks ago, there was all that chat about "White" and how good the cars look. Well, we have a for sale/wanted type board at work, where a fellow employee has put up details of a spray shop which does insurance work etc and comes recommended, with discounts offerred to friends / family / etc.

Just rang the guy for a quote on turning my car white.

"About £800 max". :cigar:

So now I'm thinking. If I spent £800 on the re-spray, (and that was for a full job, including door shuts etc), and have the OE wheels refurbed and painted Black ...... £200 , I reckon I'd have a pretty darn attractive, mint, unique (as far as this forum is concerned) car .....

RudeDogg1
05-09-08, 02:23 PM
i wouldnt bother white shows up every lil speck of **** and dirt

RudeDogg1
05-09-08, 02:24 PM
and i very much doubt ull ever make back what you pay out

Andyf
05-09-08, 02:36 PM
It would look great but you may as well lower the price by £1000 as I doubt you'll make the money back. In fact you could spend the money on 1.8 K series engine conversion, it might sell then ;)

Dan1971
05-09-08, 02:45 PM
Hmmm. Not going as well as I had thought then. :no:

garys123
05-09-08, 02:48 PM
If you were going to keep the car it would be worth doing i think. But as you are selling it you will never make your money back especially if it aint that good of a job. I thought white cars are making a come back im seeing more new white cars around now.

chriszs180
05-09-08, 03:29 PM
paint it pink you will look different then...............
to many people are doing the white but the one i have seen on this site was very nice

how about spending a bit more and geting it done in one of the nice mg monogram colours...

idge2003
05-09-08, 03:47 PM
I had thought about getting my old mk1 sprayed white as i thought it would look very nice and different but that really needed front and rear bumpers, bonnet, wing and 2 doors done anyway so wouldn't be much more for the whole car

Brett

Dan1971
05-09-08, 05:44 PM
paint it pink you will look different then...............

:laugh::laugh:

Don't think so.

stamford
05-09-08, 11:36 PM
£800 seems way too cheap, you'll get what you pay for. It may be a total balls up! Then you'll be left with car that no-one will want!

ian zs180
05-09-08, 11:42 PM
Got to agree with stamford that does sound cheap for a full hit . A mate of mine have his astra gsi resprayed at a local vauxhall dealer and he got it done cheap because the lad who does the painting is a mate of his and he paid £1200 for that and that wasnt doing all the door shuts and stuff as he was getting it painted the same colour as it was

col180
06-09-08, 12:20 PM
whether you get it sprayed or not you got 2 keep the union jack!

Bobdope2002
06-09-08, 12:46 PM

well id say that's the reason its not selling TBH

talkingcars
07-09-08, 09:12 AM
well id say that's the reason its not selling TBH

I'd be inclined to agree. It is a sad and frustrating fact but any sort of modifying devalues a car.

£800 for a full resparay in a new colour is far to cheap and will also devalue the car.

Dan1971
07-09-08, 03:59 PM
OK. Not happening then. To be honest ... I was dreaming anyway. I've not got a penny spare, never mind what I'm on about here. Never mind.

carmadbaker
07-09-08, 04:29 PM
aawww dan u sound all dis-heartened :console:

if you get the cash buddy...go for it! it makes it YOUR individual baby then that looks exactly how you want, okay your never getting your money back....but so what lol who buys a 200BHP MGR to MAKE money? you lose it anyway...so while your losing it.....have fun and make what YOU want....by the sounds of it you got great plans...i insist you do it :)

as for "you get what you pay for" don't believe a word, i've paid £600 for cr4p tons of bodywork to be done on my car, just been to see it....looks amazing! factory finish! so don't believe a word ;)

mattie007
07-09-08, 04:53 PM
Go for it, Ive only ever seen 1 white ZS and its probably one of the best colours. With black alloys it would look stunning. :mml:

Bobdope2002
07-09-08, 04:56 PM
i never said dont paint it white mate

Just ditch the flag on the top, with it it only apply to a small clique of people

Dan1971
08-09-08, 08:57 AM
i never said dont paint it white mate

Just ditch the flag on the top, with it it only apply to a small clique of people

Thanks all.
I think the most common thing is don't bother. 2 factors, it'll be a rubbish job as it's too cheap, (apart from you Carmad...), and you won't get your money back.

Well, we'll see what Xmas brings as a savings plan matures. I quite fancy it. i agree that as a mod to make it more desirable to others, I won't get my money back. As a mod to make me keep it, and enjoy it even more, it might ... so well see. :thumbsup:

Stephen
08-09-08, 09:34 AM
Id say, it would be a great project! the one that i saw on here was gorgeous.

GO FOR IT!

:trampoline: