PDA

View Full Version : Which Wax ??

pVIRUSq
06-09-08, 08:29 AM
Hi guys, i am after a good wax for the 180. And seeing that this forum contains the shiniest cars i ever seen, i thought i would get some good advice !!: :)

Steves Cleenz
06-09-08, 09:59 AM
dodo purple haze, but dont forget to buy the lime prime aswell as this wax needs a bonding agent and the lime prime cleans the paint and makes it ready for the wax to go on, or you could try raceglaze 55, this has 55% carnauba wax in it, carnauba wax is the hardest wax in the world so getting a wax with more carnauba content in it wil protect the car more, or if you are feling flush then go for Zymol concourse(which i use) or swissvax best of show,

rbull51
06-09-08, 03:33 PM
You could always try meguiars 'Quik Clay' then a good polish such as good old turtle wax! There are a few people on this forum that have used the quik clay and as far as i know they are all very pleased with the results, i know i am. It is the best thing i have used....Highly recommended.

KevG
06-09-08, 06:44 PM
CLay barring is evil stuff, even used properly!

I use mequiars texh wax paste, with quick detailer and this gives a good shine.

Steves Cleenz
06-09-08, 06:54 PM
CLay barring is evil stuff, even used properly!

how is it ?

KevG
06-09-08, 07:05 PM
how is it ?
I used it according to instructions,followed to the lettr and I managed to get a nice dull patch on the bonnet, I'd rather stick to using a Machine DA with a dilute mix of G3 and Polish, I have had fantasic results with this, even my mate who is a bodyshop sprayer/detailer even uses the mix with a Machine DA.

Steves Cleenz
06-09-08, 07:13 PM
yes some clay's can be a bit harsh on the paint as some have different grades, i use fine poly-clay and these are brilliant, not coarse enough to dull the paint, but like you say people dont realise that when using clay you do need to machine polish the paint back up, can be done by hand but its a lot of work, as for you using G3 with your machine, do a search for a product called menzerna intensive polish, this is really good stuff and is very clean to use and is safer on your paint as it isnt a compound polish like G3 so it doesnt have the little tiny cutting bits in it, this is the stuff i use when doing paint correction

KevG
06-09-08, 07:21 PM
will google that.

TjP
06-09-08, 07:31 PM
So far in my car history Ive only used TurtleWax Zip Wax... Its a wash and wax so saves me a lot of time, though I might try some "better" products soon as Im sure Zip Wax is just cheap stuff...

Where do you guys buy your products from though? This topic has reminded me I need to tar remover (Meguiars Bug and Tar maybe) but I dont know any good shops I can trust to buy from online...

pVIRUSq
06-09-08, 07:39 PM
i have already got meguiars smooth surface clay kit and a good polish, just after a good wax to finish off the job when i get some good weather that is.....

Steves Cleenz
06-09-08, 09:15 PM
So far in my car history Ive only used TurtleWax Zip Wax... Its a wash and wax so saves me a lot of time, though I might try some "better" products soon as Im sure Zip Wax is just cheap stuff...

Where do you guys buy your products from though? This topic has reminded me I need to tar remover (Meguiars Bug and Tar maybe) but I dont know any good shops I can trust to buy from online...

if you are after some stuff give me a PM of what you want and i can sort you out some good stuff cheap........Its my job lol

rbull51
07-09-08, 10:04 AM
i have already got meguiars smooth surface clay kit and a good polish, just after a good wax to finish off the job when i get some good weather that is.....
Stick with the meguiars kit you have already got, i didnt think it was possible to get my paint as smooth as it is!