PDA

View Full Version : Any MG breakers open on Sunday?

Phate
06-09-08, 09:34 PM
Or infact anywhere I can get a plenum?

I'm sick of waiting now so have opened a dispute to get my cash back, I'll buy a 2nd hand one as long as its working. I'll travel almost anywhere to get it, the air leak and rattling is really getting on my tits now :guns:

Any suggestions folks? Chars!

Infact, who's the guy selling his Black one? can't we just swap plenums? :p you can't sell yours anyway so it won't be harder to sell :p

DeMoNPauL
07-09-08, 02:56 AM
First of all before you go out and buy one i would make sure you really need one.

I have came across many people who have been told they need a new one when they have not.

Phate
07-09-08, 12:08 PM
First of all before you go out and buy one i would make sure you really need one.

I have came across many people who have been told they need a new one when they have not.

I really really do need one. http://www.je-design.co.uk/whine.avi

does that sound healthy to you? :p

RudeDogg1
07-09-08, 12:29 PM
lol phate u ever been in the **** group they call mcfly? :p

Phate
07-09-08, 01:03 PM
lol phate u ever been in the **** group they call mcfly? :p

not to my knowledge :sly:

Phate
07-09-08, 01:04 PM
Right, gonna go rip my plenum off and see if I can sort any temp fixes out. Back in a bit!

RudeDogg1
07-09-08, 02:31 PM
sniggers

stamford
07-09-08, 03:04 PM
Right, gonna go rip my plenum off and see if I can sort any temp fixes out. Back in a bit!

So............still waiting!

Phate
07-09-08, 07:53 PM
lol....I'm just posting the same story on another forum, I'll copy it here in a sec...

Phate
07-09-08, 08:12 PM
OK here we go...

After still not having received my inlet manifold and being given countless promises I threatened that if I don't get it by Tuesday I will be demanding a refund as I am planning to go to Manc on the weekend to see Tom, Andy etc.

So I've been promised Tuesday or its a refund, fine. So in preparation I'll take off my old inlet manifold so when I get the newun I can just bolt it straight in.

After lots of swearing I had the manifold out and was taking a looksy...spotted straight away where the air leak was coming from, basically there is a panel on the bottom of it which had been 'sealed' on via the professional manor of mastik. So...someones had this off before!

This is where it gets a little worrying, I came up with the brilliant idea of resealing it so it at least stopped the air leaking and now I knew how the manifold came off, drive it for a couple of days and swap it out on Tuesday...brilliant...or so I thought.

Now before I prized open the professionally sealed lump of plastic infront of me I was expecting to see something like this...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/Lates600/DSC00009-1.jpg

But no, this is what I was greeted with...

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3259/inletvj9.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=inletvj9.jpg)

Somethings missing....yeah that's it! the plastic rod which connects to the VIS motors and the valves to open and close them when several portions of beans are applied!

So that's the rattling explained....the valves were just free flowing...doing whatever they want and if I gave it any throttle air just forced them open...but sometimes not all of them...which explains why sometimes overtaking takes longer than it should!

Which makes me think that if the valves were not opening properly and controlled then the air had to find somewhere to go so it broke the seal and caused the whining!

Ahh....fun and games of rovernomics! :p

RudeDogg1
07-09-08, 09:07 PM
maybe the muppet who took it apart b4 took it out for some odd reason. I had a car once my very first car and someone had taken the thermostat and and sealed it up with masket

Phate
07-09-08, 09:28 PM
maybe the muppet who took it apart b4 took it out for some odd reason. I had a car once my very first car and someone had taken the thermostat and and sealed it up with masket

I have no idea....I really do doubt it's got anything to do with the accident tbh...its just something that wouldn't have been touched!

Ah well...new plenum this week, then I'll get it on and hopefully the induction on as well :)

Phate
08-09-08, 02:44 PM
Have had a stroke of luck! :D (at last)

Rang SummitMG which is a company that deals with my Dad's business a lot and long story short they are giving me a complete inlet plenum for FREE :D:D:D

Will be arriving tomorrow, gonna pull a sicky methinks to get it fitted and induction on as well. \o/

When the other one turns up I'll just eBay it and hopefully make some nice monies :D