PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged ZS 180

Gachet180
08-09-08, 01:38 PM
Not mine, but found this while browsing eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-MG-ZS-180-SUPRCHARGED-AND-RACE-TUNED-278bhp_W0QQitemZ330269012478QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em330269012478&_trkparms=72%3A985%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C2 40%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The comments about the intake manifold issues are a bit strange!

TjP
08-09-08, 02:26 PM
That is a sweet ZS!

If I win the lottery I'll be doing all that to my mk2!

Andyf
08-09-08, 04:22 PM
Looks nice except for the chrome windscreen wiper spoilers!

Bobdope2002
08-09-08, 04:46 PM
hmmmm im sure the Pink Pander would probs disagree about that being a good buy but looks good anyways

carmadbaker
08-09-08, 06:14 PM
WWWOOOOOWWW!! i want it :cry: who's ganna give me 7k for my car then? :)

Maxxed_Ross
08-09-08, 06:43 PM
supercharger + KV6 = big problems

people have spent insane amounts of money trying to get these reliable and failed. Since that's a Sprintex unit I can only assume RSM have had a go at it since they are the only company left working with supercharged ZS's... better add another long list of problems.

Not only that but the guy sounds like a total tool.

History has proven the only way to supercharge an MG reliably is to do it to the V8 ZT

Bobdope2002
08-09-08, 06:55 PM
supercharger + KV6 = big problems

people have spent insane amounts of money trying to get these reliable and failed. Since that's a Sprintex unit I can only assume RSM have had a go at it since they are the only company left working with supercharged ZS's... better add another long list of problems.

Not only that but the guy sounds like a total tool.

History has proven the only way to supercharge an MG reliably is to do it to the V8 ZT

And no thats wrong ross

Theyre is a Supercharged ZS180 over on XPF and that has been running for over 2 years with no probs im sure you kno the one

Maxxed_Ross
08-09-08, 07:19 PM
is that the one that's on it's 7th engine? :fish:

martyzs
08-09-08, 07:20 PM
This caught my eye on xpower, a thread has erupted on there discrediting the seller and his claims

Bobdope2002
08-09-08, 08:14 PM
This caught my eye on xpower, a thread has erupted on there discrediting the seller and his claims

Yeh because im pretty sure thats the one on Youtube and it was for ever going bang because it was directly from Sprintex which on the british KV6 were wankola

7.5k is way to much.

Real-Time on XPF was selling his for 3.5k and #IMO id buy that not because its cheap just because i kno a little history about the car

Bobdope2002
08-09-08, 08:15 PM
is that the one that's on it's 7th engine? :fish:

:laugh:

Dont think so but i kno it did have a few teething problems when he first had it

RudeDogg1
08-09-08, 08:35 PM
the ebay bloke sounds a right penis calls hinself an enfusiast lol spelling someone? lol yet all he does is rover and mg bash :s

carmadbaker
08-09-08, 08:39 PM
the ebay bloke sounds a right penis calls hinself an enfusiast lol spelling someone? lol yet all he does is rover and mg bash :s

i also thought the same lol seems like his missus has forced him into sellin the car so he's a bit bitter lol 7k is very steep though....

also....i thort i was the only one to call people "penis" LMFAO!!

RudeDogg1
08-09-08, 08:41 PM
bows gracefully

arwilson80
08-09-08, 10:20 PM
I didn't think ZS, Superchargers and Reliable all went in the same sentence. :)

There was someone on here with a black supercharged ZS. Not sure who though. ZSx comes to mind but i couldn't be 100% sure.

DeMoNPauL
09-09-08, 03:06 AM
And no thats wrong ross

Theyre is a Supercharged ZS180 over on XPF and that has been running for over 2 years with no probs im sure you kno the one

Thats totally true tim

I didn't think ZS, Superchargers and Reliable all went in the same sentence. :

What gave you the right to be a expert on that subject?

What evidence do you have to support these claims?

Your obviously listening to your own members who think they know it all but if you look closer there has never been anyone who has proven anything bad against rosses supercharger.

Craig
09-09-08, 07:28 AM

What evidence do you have to support these claims?

Your obviously listening to your own members who think they know it all but if you look closer there has never been anyone who has proven anything bad against rosses supercharger.

Alan did not say he was an expert, If you look he said

Originally Posted by arwilson80 http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=68964#post68964)
I didn't think ZS, Superchargers and Reliable all went in the same sentence. :

If he considered himself to be an expert, he would clearly NOT use the phrase "didn't think" Chill out Paul :fun:

ZS
09-09-08, 07:48 AM
I didn't think ZS, Superchargers and Reliable all went in the same sentence. :)

There was someone on here with a black supercharged ZS. Not sure who though. ZSx comes to mind but i couldn't be 100% sure.

No not me... :D Never had a supercharged ZS... had a Turbo one once though....

Its something I've looked into, however a certain tuning companies reputation and the Sprintex chargers reputation has put me off.

Not defending the ebay ad, but if you read it it is no longer a Sprintex charger! Its been totally replaced with just the manifold and cover remaining, quite why he wants to advertise sprintex when there is no sprintex charger there I don't know.

:)

arwilson80
09-09-08, 09:45 AM

Nothing / no-one - But i didn't claim to be (never have / never will claim to be either)...

That's just 1 SC... and i think from what i've read various places that there were endless problems and modifications that had to be made to get it to where it is now.

Maxxed_Ross
09-09-08, 11:40 AM

what gave you the right to be a penis all the time? ;)

DeMoNPauL
13-09-08, 02:38 AM
what gave you the right to be a penis all the time? ;)

Thats easy

My Religion:pope:

:smartass:

Maxxed_Ross
13-09-08, 07:04 AM
ah, I should have known

stamford
13-09-08, 08:07 AM
The only one that I know of is Ross's one which has been developed over a long time and is the benchmark as we know it. I did know of another s/c ZS a year or two back over on .org, the guy had no problems with it, but had to sell it due to ill health so he probably didn't have it long enough to find out how good or bad it was, pity.

Buying one will probably carry a higher risk than any other car, you never know what you have until you start to look deeper. I wouldn't touch that one without reading through the wad of paperwork and having a hard roadtest. If the seller is genuine he would cane it, if not then be wary.

RudeDogg1
13-09-08, 11:10 AM
Thats easy

My Religion:pope:

:smartass:

you worship the penis? You know in some circles thats called being gay lol (joke befor you have a hissy fit)

Dave ZS-X
13-09-08, 11:01 PM
The only one that I know of is Ross's one which has been developed over a long time and is the benchmark as we know it. I did know of another s/c ZS a year or two back over on .org, the guy had no problems with it, but had to sell it due to ill health so he probably didn't have it long enough to find out how good or bad it was, pity.

Buying one will probably carry a higher risk than any other car, you never know what you have until you start to look deeper. I wouldn't touch that one without reading through the wad of paperwork and having a hard roadtest. If the seller is genuine he would cane it, if not then be wary.

that other sc zs wasnt sold on because of ill health ,that was just a front .It was sold on because he knew of the impending doom ,or should i say boom.
Or at least thats what i heard through the grapevine !

Dave

stamford
14-09-08, 11:07 AM
that other sc zs wasnt sold on because of ill health ,that was just a front .It was sold on because he knew of the impending doom ,or should i say boom.
Or at least thats what i heard through the grapevine !

Dave

:laugh: oh! and there was me thinking it sounded legit! Well I fell for it anyway. He spent some money on it too from what I heard.

There are still quite a few people out there who would spend the money regardless of the stories and implosions!

Maxxed_Ross
14-09-08, 12:19 PM
I would like one, but it's far too much hassle just to be a bit different. Putting a T series turbo in would probably give you the same thrills.

Now a supercharged ZT 260 on the other hand..... mmmm yeah!