PDA

View Full Version : panel gaps...

Phate
09-09-08, 12:50 PM
Right,

the gaps on the front of my car are.....horrendous. It's the only thing that really annoys me about it to be fair.

The bumper is the worst thing, it must be 5mm lower than it should be, I'll be taking this off soon to see if I can reposition it. What is more annoying is the gap between the passenger wing and the bonnet, its big at the top, small at the bottom.

Does anyone know if there is much I can do about this? I hate it so much because it's so blatantly obvious if your looking at the front of the car from pretty much any angle.

Is it a case of loosing the wing and tightening it back up in a different position? or does it take a lot more than that?

Many Thanks,
Jake

shroonie29
09-09-08, 01:36 PM
Undo the bonnet at the hinge & straighten it up.If it still isn't how ya want it you can also adjust the position of the wing

Shroon

Phate
09-09-08, 01:38 PM
Undo the bonnet at the hinge & straighten it up.If it still isn't how ya want it you can also adjust the position of the wing

Shroon

The bonnet is fine as its perfeck on the other side...so I think its mainly the wing causing issues. Where abouts do you undo the wing to adjust it?

shroonie29
09-09-08, 01:41 PM
If you lift the bonnet you can see the bolts going down the length of the wing.Their is in in the door hinge area aswell .

Phate
09-09-08, 01:54 PM
If you lift the bonnet you can see the bolts going down the length of the wing.Their is in in the door hinge area aswell .

Ah nice! Thanks mate, shall give this a go tonight :)

mattie007
09-09-08, 08:53 PM
I had the same issues with alignment. Seems the ZS suffers at the front over time. Bumper is quite easy to raise and the wing has got some movement in it.