PDA

View Full Version : I has negative camber!!!!

Phate
16-09-08, 11:20 PM
Hello all,

Noticed today that my passenger front wheel has a bit of negative camber. This is probably why we all nearly died at the RR.

How can this be resolved? Relatively easy to fix?

Many Thanks

Jake

TjP
16-09-08, 11:54 PM
Mine has some negative camber. I had my allignment checked over when I had new tyres fitted and the guy told me it was spot on though, and that car manufacturers give some negative camber purposely, to improve grip/handling.

Its quite visible if you look down the length of the car from the front.

carl-mgzs
17-09-08, 05:12 AM
i had negative camber as soon as i lowered mine.... just go through front tyres a bit quicker than normal

Phate
17-09-08, 11:59 AM
Mine isn't lowered, it's standard.

I'd rather not have negative camber as its chewing through tyres and causing me to rub against the inside of the wheel arch. How can this be corrected?

arwilson80
17-09-08, 01:02 PM
Check the bushes in the front suspension. If they are OK then just take it to somewhere that does alignment / camber adjustment (most tyre places).

carl-mgzs
17-09-08, 03:44 PM
when i had my previous car (corsa) lowered 60mm i took it to have the negative camber adjusted and they said it was the worst neg camber they had seen hehehe! does chew through tires quicker than a mouse through cheese! any good tyre fitting company should adjust your camber for you

XPCobra
17-09-08, 05:26 PM
the zs standard unladen should have a negitive camber of 0.2 degrees on the front and 0.3 degress on the back

the R45 should have a front camber of 0 degrees and a rear negitive camber of 1.3 ( i'd imagine for better grip on those skinny steel wheels

Phate
17-09-08, 07:10 PM
Cheers guys, I'll get it checked out when I have the new tyres put on :)