PDA

View Full Version : Accident

KevG
17-09-08, 10:53 PM
Well, It had to happen one day and it did on Sunday!!

I was at my mates place in Cumbernauld, nr Glasgow and decided to head home back to East Kilbride, but I needed petrol as the light was on, so headed up to the nearest petrol station at Cumbernauld Town Centre, and waited in the queue, in front of me was a Peugeot 307, behind the wheel was an women say in her late 50's, anyway was watching for a space to nip to and fill up, seen a calibra move away from a pump, so I was ready to go for it but a car was behind me then all of a sudden BANG!...only to find the dozy biatch in front had decided to reverse in to me!!!! We exchanged details and took pics of each others cars, she had a slight paint chip to the edge of the towing eye cover on the rear bumper!!!, damage to mine was a creased corner of the front bumper under the headlight where the bumper has compressed on the backing bar behind, and one of the locating pins on my headlight washer jet has broken, plus paint damage to that area, most folk say it is a small nudge, but that small nudge has been costed at cica £350 to fix, not including the washer jet!, dont know whether to go through my insurance or just present the dozy biatch with the quote for repair!

Phate
17-09-08, 11:07 PM
Don't go through insurance. The reason why so many Zed's are written off is due to lack of body panels, give her a quote and make her pay.

Sucks though, I've had someone reverse into my first car, its SO annoying due to other people stupidity.

SharronB
17-09-08, 11:18 PM
Women drivers! tsk lol ............ make her pay up, serve her right for being a dozy mare :D

Christina - Banned User
18-09-08, 01:18 AM
She'll probably want to go through the insurance then say you drove into the back of her and any witnesses you have are your friends. Unless an honest "biatch" bumped ya!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Christina180/duh.gif

stamford
18-09-08, 07:11 AM
Sorry to hear that Kev, let's hope she is honest. Was the incident within the forecourt CCTV range by any chance?

JIMZS180
18-09-08, 07:25 AM
some folk just shouldn't be on the road......or in a filling station.....nae luck Kev!!!!

Craig
18-09-08, 07:58 AM
bad news mate

garys123
18-09-08, 08:06 AM
That is bad news. How was she when it happened was she all apologetic or did she start shouting at you. The reason i ask is if she was all apologetic she is more likely to pay up than rather go through the the insurance.

arwilson80
18-09-08, 08:59 AM
I'd present her with a quote and see what she does. Hopefully you can avoid going through the insurance... If you have evidence that she reversed into you it should be a lot easier to get her to pay up.

Maxxed_Ross
18-09-08, 10:58 AM
make the dozy bint pay for it out of her own pocket dude, that way she might learn from it.

Some folk are so fecking stupid

grimmy
18-09-08, 04:44 PM
Nae luck big man This toon is full of diddies on the road hit her with the bill and sort her oot that way

KevG
18-09-08, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Kev, let's hope she is honest. Was the incident within the forecourt CCTV range by any chance?

Dont know Mick, but I do have a witness thought!

That is bad news. How was she when it happened was she all apologetic or did she start shouting at you. The reason i ask is if she was all apologetic she is more likely to pay up than rather go through the the insurance.

Yeah, she was apologetic and did confess that she seen the space and decided to go for it, I did say though that I will get a quote and send t off to her.

mrt_04
20-09-08, 09:36 PM
It's just a pain Kev sorting it all out, especially when you arent in fault :huh:

ThumpJunkie
21-09-08, 08:02 AM
I hate women. If it wasn't for the fact they have nice boobies I would embark on a mission to completely eradicate them from this planet.

KevG
21-09-08, 08:16 AM
Well, I got the quote from the bodyshop I use and they came back with £331.25, price is for strip down, repair/paint, re-build

Maxfly
21-09-08, 09:39 AM
seeing as they have it in, would it be best to get yer roof done at the same time, might make that bit cheaper for you!!:)

KevG
21-09-08, 09:46 AM
Dont know need to see how much that will cost!

KevG
21-09-08, 02:13 PM
Well the biatch has decided to go through her insurers, so looks like I'll have to do the same.

Bobdope2002
21-09-08, 04:09 PM
Well the biatch has decided to go through her insurers, so looks like I'll have to do the same.

cack one more wrote of ZS :(

grimmy
21-09-08, 05:34 PM
Now that is a right boot in the stones, that is nae luck, thats just going to cause grief.

stamford
21-09-08, 07:56 PM
You'll be fine, it'll get sorted no problem.

Maxxed_Ross
22-09-08, 11:10 AM
hopefully it'll be ok

KevG
06-10-08, 05:20 PM
Well, Shes back home, the repair was:

Repair Front O/S section
Prepare Section and rest of Bumper
Spray bumper
Refit

A total cost including hire care was £685.00.

Maxfly
06-10-08, 05:46 PM
Well, Shes back home, the repair was:

Repair Front O/S section
Prepare Section and rest of Bumper
Spray bumper
Refit

A total cost including hire care was £685.00.

good to hear she is fixed up fella, is the work up to standards?? An did you get them to tie in doing your roof or you got that yet to do?

KevG
06-10-08, 06:01 PM
good to hear she is fixed up fella, is the work up to standards?? An did you get them to tie in doing your roof or you got that yet to do?

Yeah the work is good, but I'm doing the roof separately.

grimmy
06-10-08, 07:44 PM
Good to hear the twin is back on the road mate just watch yourself around Cumbernauld next time