PDA

View Full Version : More Power

garys123
19-09-08, 09:57 AM
I'm new to the modifying scene as you might of gathered but I'm bored at work and im looking at things that i could buy for the zed to get more power from it but there does not seem to be much around. I have on mine at the moment is a 4" exhaust. Some induction looks a bit cheap if you ask me. (dont know what make or anything as they were already on the car)
So im looking for something else and all i have seen is some camshafts which i would not mind getting one day. Is there anything else which people have done or is that it.

ZS
19-09-08, 09:59 AM
Is it a 180 or a 120 you have? (or even a diesel?)

What sort of budget do you have to spend on mod's?

garys123
19-09-08, 10:06 AM
oh yeah sorry its a 180 i dont really have a budget in mind so to speak. Im just window shopping and putting it on the wish list and getting a rough idea what can be done.

carmadbaker
19-09-08, 11:25 AM
check out my wishlist....its pretty much "do-able" engine mods...http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=5116

Maxxed_Ross
19-09-08, 11:28 AM
For the 180 the best bet is to get a decent induction kit (BMC make a good one as used by a few members on here), a sports cat or even a de-cat if you can be bothered with the hassle come MOT time, an oil catch tank (a must have on the 180 to stop the dreaded VIS failure) and if you're feeling really flush a set of uprated cams :evil:

garys123
19-09-08, 11:49 AM
I think i will change the induction to a cold air one after just looking at the one BMC (http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=505344) do. If i can get the money together for the cams that is one i would like to do some time this century.

stamford
19-09-08, 12:39 PM
There are a few alternatives for the 180, cheapest probably is the filter in inner wing if you have the inclination. I have the BMC CDA fitted, has been for nearly three years now I think. Mine was a lot cheaper, but compared to the ITG the one you have a link to is alot cheaper.

Plenty of mods to do, just depends on funds and what you want from it. Handling is just as important as performance so don't discount uprated suspension or a Quaife ATB.

garys123
19-09-08, 01:03 PM
The quaife diff certainly sounds and looks decent that is another worth considering for £540. Wonder how much it would cost to get fitted.

stamford
19-09-08, 02:03 PM
Rallymatt over on xpowerforums offers a fitting service, EMS on here may also as well, why not drop Ralph a pm.

lewerty
19-09-08, 03:39 PM
cams are a good way to go makes it pull like a train