PDA

View Full Version : Emissions and impact standards

MG mad
30-09-08, 11:39 PM
Hi guys,
If I'm to import a ZS, it needs to meet new regs in NZ primarily regarding emissions and frontal impact standards. Basically if I import one before 2012 it will need to meet Euro 3 (which I'm pretty sure it does, can someone clarify?) after 2012 it will need to meet Euro 4 (which I'm not sure about, but don't think so?). The problem is, I need to prove that it meets the standard, does anyone know of where/how I can get hold of something to prove it?

Frontal impact standards seem a bit easier, as they're on the list of approved vehicles from our transport safety authority, however it's only for chassis numbers SARRT******000101 onwards, which is presumably for all 45's onwards? (as the list just says Rover 400, 45 and MG ZS, I'm guessing it's just the 400 that doesn't comply). Either way, I'm pretty sure a MK2 will be fine.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Cheers
Andy

Z Scotland
01-10-08, 05:55 AM
So what happens come this date and you have an older veichle? ie your Metro

stamford
01-10-08, 07:42 AM
So what happens come this date and you have an older veichle? ie your Metro

It applies to imported cars based on present regulations, not ones already in the country I would imagine, otherwise they would have to drop all of their own older cars out to sea!

Z Scotland
01-10-08, 02:26 PM
Right i see:weirdo: more red tape cr*p.

KevG
01-10-08, 05:29 PM
The Rover 400/45 and the MG ZS are all Euro3 compliant, and as for NCAP safety ratings they are N/A, if you contact the VoSA, they should be able to give you the information that you require.

MG mad
01-10-08, 09:20 PM
It applies to imported cars based on present regulations, not ones already in the country I would imagine, otherwise they would have to drop all of their own older cars out to sea!

Got it in one. Up until recently we had no emissions standards at all so really just catching up with the rest of the world. We are no longer Japan's dumping ground for vehicles (esp diesels) that have been forced off the road there due to failing emissions tests...

Cheers for the info Kev, hopefully will be enough to keep them happy. They don't have to be necessarily NCAP compliant, there are other standards they can meet. There is a list of acceptable ones which the ZS falls into, but subject to the chassis number.

RalphG
02-10-08, 01:01 PM
These (http://www.mgrccservices.com/) are the people that you need to speak to get the COC.

MG mad
02-10-08, 08:47 PM
Thanks for that, much appreciated. Should be all ok now then, all I need now is more money...