PDA

View Full Version : New SV in this month's Auto Express

Maxxed_Ross
02-10-08, 11:42 PM
well worth a look for those who havn't spotted it yet.

It's bright range so it's quite hard to miss! Not sure if I like it without a roof yet. I can't help but think it looks like it's been stuck together with bits from a big parts bin :wall:

adam
03-10-08, 08:46 AM
I think it loses something being a convertible (and don't say "yes, its missing the roof idiot!").

Always loved the SV in its original look, even if it did raid various parts bins.

Southside_ZS
03-10-08, 05:23 PM
Shame its not actually made by MG :(

shroonie29
03-10-08, 05:33 PM
Shame its not actually made by MG :(

It is.Well kind off.
iirc they are old MGR cars

Southside_ZS
03-10-08, 05:58 PM
It is.Well kind off.
iirc they are old MGR cars

Being made by an independent company now that bought the rights and the tooling to it when MG-R went under. William Riley Cars hence the WRC bit. Nobody can quite understand how he's got away with using the MG brand but there must be some small print in the paperwork somewhere that allowed it. Still a great looking car though.

Maxxed_Ross
07-10-08, 01:29 AM
after speaking to Brian Luti of Dreanought about all this a few months back it would appear that there have been a few dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes from a looooooooong way back

DeMoNPauL
07-10-08, 02:11 AM
after speaking to Brian Luti of Dreanought about all this a few months back it would appear that there have been a few dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes from a looooooooong way back

Please tell us?

Or do we have to ask Brian??????

Andyf
07-10-08, 09:38 AM
http://www.xpower-racing.com/gallery/data/9531/medium/sv.jpg

peterzs
07-10-08, 10:31 AM
Had a quick read in the paper shop, looks good and under £40,000, might be tempted if I had that kind of cash:smile2::smile2:

Is the Mustang engine the same as the one in the ZT??

Maxxed_Ross
08-10-08, 12:51 AM
Please tell us?

Or do we have to ask Brian??????

nah it was nothing much, just that he had been up there a good few times looking for help with a stack of problems.

Far as I know all the models built so far were from old MG stock parts... so the first totally new one might cause more issues :nugget: