PDA

View Full Version : MOT Time

Stuart
07-10-08, 01:52 PM
Well its that horrible time of the year again, got my car booked in for an mot on thursday, fingers crossed it goes ok!

just a quick question, will my srs light be a problem? gonna have a go at doing the unplugging it giving it a clean and maybe a spray with WD40 and see if it makes any difference, but just incase it doesnt, the last few mots its been ok the light hasnt been on, but its been on for the last few weeks.

Also what do you folks recommend for tyre pressure? should i go with whats on the tyre or whats in the book for the car? bearing in mind the car came with hairpins and its now got 18's on it.:unsure:

carl-mgzs
07-10-08, 03:51 PM
round about 28-30 psi for the tyres i think but dont quote me on it

KevG
07-10-08, 06:12 PM
Well its that horrible time of the year again, got my car booked in for an mot on thursday, fingers crossed it goes ok!

just a quick question, will my srs light be a problem? gonna have a go at doing the unplugging it giving it a clean and maybe a spray with WD40 and see if it makes any difference, but just incase it doesnt, the last few mots its been ok the light hasnt been on, but its been on for the last few weeks.

Also what do you folks recommend for tyre pressure? should i go with whats on the tyre or whats in the book for the car? bearing in mind the car came with hairpins and its now got 18's on it.:unsure:

The SRS light will be a problem, as the tester will check this when he starts the car and watches for the light to go out, it don't then it is a fail, same principle for the ABS.

As for tyres pressures, use the same as the what the handbook recommends.

Zippy Saloon
07-10-08, 08:13 PM
Don't think the SRS light would constitute a "fail" but you may get an advisory.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_10016070

Stuart
09-10-08, 03:03 PM
well the time has come, im just heading in for my mot shortly, the airbag light seems to have dissapeared, lets hope it doesnt come back on when im there, probably will though! fingers crossed it goes through ok !

stamford
09-10-08, 07:31 PM
Well?............we're waiting! :D

mrt_04
09-10-08, 08:28 PM
Still waiting................!!!!!!!!!! :smile1:

Craig
09-10-08, 08:31 PM
hopefully hes taking the zs for a well earned blast with its new MOT

stamford
09-10-08, 09:00 PM
:hmmm: I hope all's well!

Should be, mine hasn't failed me yet!

Stuart
10-10-08, 12:41 PM
well guys it Failed! :rant:

To be fair though it was minor things, :smile1:

my led sidelights were incorrect colour although they are white he insisted they were blue!

Headlight was aimed to low.

Front tyre had a bulge, (i knew this but it wasnt that bad and i had the new tyre in the boot just never had a chance to get it fitted before the test, was gonna get it done today anyway.

Anyway its all sorted now and took it back in for a retest this morning so i can relax now for another year!

Got 4 advisory
1, Nearside front cv joint gaiter deterioated.

2, Offside front cv joint gaiter deterioated.

3, Rear wiper worn.

4, Tyres have shards of metal in tread area.

stamford
10-10-08, 06:29 PM
Well at least it is sorted.

LED sidelights, sod that, I bought some and gave up trying to fit them. Poor fit and a real biatch to change the nearside. The wife has them in her Jimny now, she's happy!