PDA

View Full Version : update on smokeys car

K&S Coachworks
07-10-08, 02:34 PM
how it looks now.... (still got some bits and bobs if anyone is intrested)

Z Scotland
07-10-08, 07:12 PM
My my we have been busy:pepsi:

K&S Coachworks
07-10-08, 07:26 PM
My my we have bee busy:pepsi:

sure have,hope to get the engine etc removed from my coupe by the end of the week so i can begine the conversion.:clap:

KevG
07-10-08, 07:30 PM
Just a shell now!!

How long are you holding on to the shell before it is scrapped?

Z Scotland
07-10-08, 07:35 PM
sure have,hope to get the engine etc removed from my coupe by the end of the week so i can begine the conversion.:clap:

I can't wait to see this baby on the road.:wolverine:

K&S Coachworks
07-10-08, 07:50 PM
Just a shell now!!

How long are you holding on to the shell before it is scrapped?

will be going some time next week ,will keep you posted kev:smile1:

K&S Coachworks
07-10-08, 07:51 PM
I can't wait to see this baby on the road.:wolverine:

yeh looking forward to it myself,hope its a bit different:smile2:

Stephen
07-10-08, 08:43 PM
Would you take the Slam pannel of ? what would you want for that.

K&S Coachworks
07-10-08, 08:58 PM
Would you take the Slam pannel of ? what would you want for that.

wouldnt take much for it,dont realy have time to remove ,but you are welcome to come down and remove yourself,before shell is taken away

Stephen
07-10-08, 09:14 PM
When is it going to be taken away?

K&S Coachworks
07-10-08, 09:16 PM
When is it going to be taken away?

monday next week

Maxxed_Ross
08-10-08, 12:47 AM
such a shame too see my twin like that

stamford
08-10-08, 07:13 AM
such a shame it was so far away as I wanted it! Oh well, just have to look for another donor for my AX track car!

Z Scotland
08-10-08, 08:39 PM
When down at Scott's today we had a look under the car and were totally shocked at the lack of under seal on the mk2.
The rust had already started to take grip:huh:and the build quality of the body kit is :wall:

K&S Coachworks
08-10-08, 08:52 PM
When down at Scott's today we had a look under the car and were totally shocked at the lack of under seal on the mk2.
The rust had already started to take grip:huh:and the build quality of the body kit is :wall:

yes guys, not impressed at the build quality on the mk2,having just removed every last nut and bolt on this one it showed where future problems lay,not just having a go at mk2 cars as i have a mk1 :smile1:.must say it isnt nice to see a zs that was so nice to look like this now:rip:

Southside_ZS
08-10-08, 09:52 PM

I dont just think its the underside. The damaged ZS project im working on at the min, fair enough its got 50k on the clock and its nearly 4 years old but the radiator i removed due to damage was already very corroded, the underside of the bonnet was rusting and some of the welds around the engine bay have surface rust plus the underside of the car like you say.

I think its wise for any owners to take it to a garage and get it undersealed before the winter. Local garage near me only charge £25 to underseal iirc.

K&S Coachworks
08-10-08, 10:11 PM
I dont just think its the underside. The damaged ZS project im working on at the min, fair enough its got 50k on the clock and its nearly 4 years old but the radiator i removed due to damage was already very corroded, the underside of the bonnet was rusting and some of the welds around the engine bay have surface rust plus the underside of the car like you say.

I think its wise for any owners to take it to a garage and get it undersealed before the winter. Local garage near me only charge £25 to underseal iirc.

very true. this whole mk2 had signs of rust setting in several places,due to the lack of paint etc,would defo advise underseal asap for any mk2 owner

KevG
08-10-08, 10:29 PM
very true. this whole mk2 had signs of rust setting in several places,due to the lack of paint etc,would defo advise underseal asap for any mk2 owner

:pirate2::console:

K&S Coachworks
08-10-08, 10:33 PM
:pirate2::console:

;)

K&S Coachworks
09-10-08, 05:10 PM
shell being crushed tomorow:rip:

Maxxed_Ross
09-10-08, 05:46 PM
that is a real shame

what time, I might come and watch

K&S Coachworks
10-10-08, 03:43 PM
car park in the sky,:(

Z Scotland
10-10-08, 04:08 PM
Its sad to think that last year at knockhill people were admiring that car:noexpression::noexpression:

K&S Coachworks
10-10-08, 04:23 PM
Its sad to think that last year at knockhill people were admiring that car:noexpression::noexpression:

ano realy hate seeing nice cars end up like that.

Southside_ZS
10-10-08, 04:32 PM
was it really that unrepairable? as in the pics the shell looks fairly straight?

Also did you leave one of the rear arch extensions on? i though these were rare.

K&S Coachworks
10-10-08, 05:17 PM
was it really that unrepairable? as in the pics the shell looks fairly straight?

Also did you leave one of the rear arch extensions on? i though these were rare.

yes very unrepairable,due to the extensive roof damage! would have cost more than the car was worth even if it was repairable.there was not a straight panel on the car,photos are very missleading.one arch was left due to it being damaged and having a chunk not there at the bottom of it.

grimmy
10-10-08, 05:38 PM
Sad days to see one away like that

K&S Coachworks
10-10-08, 05:43 PM
Sad days to see one away like that

on a good note all the parts etc i have salvaged will hopefully help other mg owners:happy:

Southside_ZS
10-10-08, 09:20 PM
on a good note all the parts etc i have salvaged will hopefully help other mg owners:happy:

Will be if smokey ever posts the parts he sold :(

Maxxed_Ross
12-10-08, 02:23 PM
at least bits of it are living on

it's a sad day indeed

Alan.F
12-10-08, 05:08 PM
At the end of the day its only a car Smokey was fine and the car can be replaced

Maxxed_Ross
12-10-08, 05:15 PM
yeah I know, but there's not many mk2 ZS's up here at the best of times.

K&S Coachworks
12-10-08, 06:49 PM
At the end of the day its only a car Smokey was fine and the car can be replaced

very true cars can be replaced ,people cant,just glad smokey walked away with only the hurt of losing his car

ZS
15-10-08, 12:36 PM
how it looks now.... (still got some bits and bobs if anyone is intrested)

I don't suppose you have, per chance, a ZS 180 gearbox I can purchase from your good self? :p please? :D

Z Scotland
15-10-08, 03:26 PM
He has a brand new pg1:yes: I believe that's whats in it.