PDA

View Full Version : Lg53lxx - mki 180

papa_lazaroo
09-10-08, 07:15 AM
Went to collect this last night, drove all the way from Milton Kaynes to Hull, only to find it was not as described. described as a repaired CAT C that had needed 2 door skins, Got there, and the front left hand corner was damaged, and had the worst repair I have ever seen, you could pusy the front bumper and headlight in and out as it there was no support behind.

the rear right hand corner was all crinkled, and getting under neath it the rear logditudinal was showing signs of compression.

then got under the front and the cross member with the 2 tie down holes in, had been so badly battered on the right hand side that the tie down eye was twisted 180 degrees up wards and the cross member was twisted.

I have to admit that I rared at the guy, who really didn't care.

He'll be getting bad feedback today on e-bay.

He tried to make out that they were all "like that" when I showed him the different gap sizes all round, and when I told him I used to work for Rover, and now work in chassis design at Nissan, He said "you don't know what you are talking about"

Total tosser, so I decided to "test" him, I said, This car has a bad OIL leak (just staining where the air box has been leaking the over spill thatseeps back into it from the throttle body) We all know of this, and it looks serious, but isn't

He just shrugged and said, "i'll knock 200 off in case it needs anything doing".

stamford
09-10-08, 07:31 AM
I take it you walked away without losing any money!

Pays to look before you pass any money over.

papa_lazaroo
09-10-08, 08:23 AM
Luckily, all it cost was a few quid in fuel.

In 1 way it was a good thing, I told my mate Richard, It's good to see a pup, so you can appreciate the good ones when you see em

summerfies
09-10-08, 03:19 PM
does he still want to buy a 180. Mine is for sale?

Bobdope2002
09-10-08, 06:21 PM
does he still want to buy a 180. Mine is for sale?

how long has yours been up for sale now

K&S Coachworks
09-10-08, 06:29 PM
nothing worse than time wasters:shoot2:

summerfies
09-10-08, 07:06 PM
its been off and on sale for three months. But not advertised on fleabay or Auto trader. Have only put onto pistonheads. Not had a lot of interest onlt kids wantinmg to swap there Punto's, Toyota Starlets etc. Its a good car, '04 plate, 32K mileage, 18inch Kei Velocities, twin powerflow stainless, mint con. etc I just need something bigger.