PDA

View Full Version : remote alarm fob

meat-and-gravy
09-10-08, 08:20 PM
Watcha peeps!

I was at a meeting for work today and i came out at 7.30pm, tried to get into my car only to find out that my remote fob had stopped working and i couldnt start my car!!!!:thumbsdown:.After the initial panic and 2 mile walk to the nearest garage and buying the relevant watch battery for the fob, I managed to get going and wend my way home.

My next worry is that I only have one remote fob for my car and should I misplace this I am screwed, does any one have any idea of the cost and procedure of getting another.:hmmm:

pVIRUSq
09-10-08, 08:29 PM
look on ebay mate, a few there £7-£10...!!

meat-and-gravy
09-10-08, 08:33 PM
look on ebay mate, a few there £7-£10...!!

are they not just a repair kit....... do they not need to be coded for the individual car?

KevG
09-10-08, 08:36 PM
It depends what you get on Ebay, I assume that your car is running the 5AS system in which case then a dealer trip is what you need or you can send you Alarm ECU to somewhere and they will program a new fob to it.

meat-and-gravy
09-10-08, 08:43 PM
It depends what you get on Ebay, I assume that your car is running the 5AS system in which case then a dealer trip is what you need or you can send you Alarm ECU to somewhere and they will program a new fob to it.

I bet this is a reasonable cost... any idea how much(roughly)? i guess there is no other way around a problem like this?

KevG
09-10-08, 08:50 PM
Here you go http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk/new_page_4.htm also http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk/new_page_14.htm

carmadbaker
09-10-08, 08:59 PM
take it down to ralph in upchurch (EMS) he'll sort it out for u there and then:)

meat-and-gravy
09-10-08, 08:59 PM
Perfect!! thank you for your help

meat-and-gravy
09-10-08, 09:03 PM
take it down to ralph in upchurch (EMS) he'll sort it out for u there and then:)

thats the next thing i was thinking about.... they are only 35ish minutes from me. Keep meaning to pop down down there and have a chat about replacing my seat covers.

RalphG
10-10-08, 07:30 PM
We sell 5AS type key fobs for £47.00 (£40 plus VAT), RRP £56.37 plus VAT.

The round type fobs for the ZS SCU are £64.43 plus VAT. I can't do discount on these, and they normally have to be ordered in, as there are so many different types.

For forum members I will do free programming to the car for fobs bought from us. If you supply your own key fob it will cost you £32.31 to have any number (up to the maximum for the car) coded.

Jem
13-10-08, 06:34 PM
Mine has a mind of its own...Sometimes it wont unlock so i have to do it manually then the fob works.