PDA

View Full Version : ITG replacement panel filter

pVIRUSq
22-10-08, 09:50 AM
Thinking of putting in an ITG panel filter until i have the funds for a BMC CDA kit.. Are these ok or is there a better replacement panel filter on the market ??

R8NMG
22-10-08, 10:28 AM
Had the ITG panel filter on mine before I went the BMC route. No noticeable significant difference on the ITG. If you are planning to purchase a BMC in the future then might as well save the money and put it towards the BMC. If you are not purchasing the BMC then it is worth investing on the ITG.

arwilson80
22-10-08, 11:28 AM
I'd agree with 'R8NMG'... no point in spending the money if you are saving for the BMC. I have the ITG filter and can't fault it though.

Jon_A
22-10-08, 11:37 AM
Can't talk for the ZS range here, but I run an ITG panel filter on a 1.8vvc and found hardly any difference between this and the BMC CDA. Never dyno-ed with either but nothing noticible when driving.

Maxxed_Ross
22-10-08, 11:38 AM
I'm with the masses here, save the cash and get the BMC sooner!

dvid
22-10-08, 11:41 AM
Are "uprated" panel filters worth it for someone who has no plans on buying a cone type filter like BMC

Maxxed_Ross
22-10-08, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't say so, from what I've read or seen they don't seem to make much difference

stamford
22-10-08, 12:29 PM
A replacement panel filter like the ITG is for those wanting a filter they can service and not throw away. It is better than OE, but if you are looking for an improvement then save up for the BMC.