PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Control Gearing - Not Working

stripey
27-10-08, 07:07 PM
Help...

I have a problem with this - turn the dial and it clicks but doesn't change the temperature, I have replaced the knob (for want of a better word) and it didn't make any difference.

My mechanic mate thinks that it might be the gearing behind the system and a major refit type of job - any comments?

Cheers...

noodles
27-10-08, 07:10 PM
is it temperature or speed?

stripey
27-10-08, 07:15 PM
Temperature.

I have already changed two of the resistors to get the speed going. By clicks I mean more like a crunch / clunk as it goes round without actually moving the temperature - like there is a problem with the dial but this has been replaced.

Any more for any more?

noodles
27-10-08, 07:24 PM
u could have a look down by the drivers foot well to see if the cable has come off at that end?

shroonie29
27-10-08, 07:37 PM
So you can't adjust hot/cold then?If so have a look down the bulkhead in the engine bay.You will see the valve that controls this,it has the cables attached to it from the dial.They may of come off,mine did this a few years ago

Shroon

stripey
27-10-08, 07:42 PM
Sorry - not been very clear on this, I can actually adjust the temperature when the dial gears but a lot of the time it doesn't and just clicks around without changing the temperature even though I have changed the dial once.

Could it be the gears inside?

shroonie29
27-10-08, 07:59 PM
Is the dial control split?I mean the circular bit ya turn(had a few beers lol)

Shroon

stripey
27-10-08, 08:17 PM
Hi Shroonie - have one for me while you are at it mate. I don't get to have too much of the fun juice, the girls are too young to deal with when I have a hangover however mild.

Anyhow in response to your Q - I don't think so, I replaced it with a new one, or rather my friendly neighboorhood mechanic did. I will of course check it out but does anyone know of any other problems that could cause this?

Cheers in anticipation (pun intended :beer2:)