PDA

View Full Version : Which cone.....

pVIRUSq
29-10-08, 06:56 PM
ok i'm not gonna get into the whole induction thing.. All i want to know is which is the best cone for performance and sound.....:question:

Fudgepacker
29-10-08, 07:26 PM
i put the K&N on sounds loud throttle response it better when cold air feed is moved

grimmy
29-10-08, 07:29 PM
I had a piper job on mines and apart from the heat soak the noise was superb one of these days i really should put the thing in the inner wing where it belongs instead of lying in my garage

stamford
29-10-08, 07:43 PM
What engine you got?

You mention cone, is that purely down to budget and/or ease of installation?

Cone inner wing will be the cheapest and probably give more growl.

Other will depend upon engine type and deep pockets.

pVIRUSq
29-10-08, 07:57 PM
its a zs 180 and i'm fitting inner wing and looking to spend about 120 ish on the whole setup...

stamford
29-10-08, 08:03 PM
Well in that case get all the hoses off ebay as there are some good dealers on there and get a Green Filter, that should be the cheapest possibly.

Maxxed_Ross
30-10-08, 08:45 AM
BMC or in the wing are probably the best options for the 180, they certainly seem to be the only ones that work properly!

Murray203ps
30-10-08, 04:16 PM
Got a RAID foam cone filter on my inner wing set up. Huge cone filter and have had it for about a year and a half now and just keep washing it with proper filter washing solution. Cost me about 70 quid for the cone filter.

Fudgepacker
30-10-08, 04:54 PM
when you say inner wing what do you mean because mine is the k57i and it come with a hard pipe that sits over the air filter box then i moved the tube that was next to the battery and it was sorted

Murray203ps
30-10-08, 05:28 PM
when you say inner wing what do you mean because mine is the k57i and it come with a hard pipe that sits over the air filter box then i moved the tube that was next to the battery and it was sorted

The inner wing setup is when you take out the resonator that takes up a large space at the bottom left hand side of the front bumper. The space that is created is where your open cone filter goes. Take out the rest of the crap OE induction piping all the way up to the throttle body and fit a flexy hose from there to the cone filter in the wing. Many people (including myself) cut out the plastic apeture to get direct CAF directly onto the filter.

My flexy pipe going down from my throttle body to the cone in the inner wing.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/murray203ps/100_0246.jpg

And the filter in the inner wing with apeture cut out. You can just see the filter in the inner wing.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/murray203ps/100_0260.jpg

Hope that helps.:)

Fudgepacker
30-10-08, 05:35 PM
does it make much diffrence

Murray203ps
30-10-08, 05:41 PM
Yeah. Throttle response is excellent........And the noise it makes.Worth doing just for that.

Fudgepacker
30-10-08, 05:58 PM
i know what ill be doing tomorow

Fudgepacker
30-10-08, 06:36 PM
this is what mine looks like at the mo

Maxxed_Ross
30-10-08, 07:01 PM
that'll be getting alot of heat soak as it's so big and right next to the engine. Do you have a cold air feed routed near it or is it just sucking in air from the sourrounding engine bay?

You would deffinately notice a difference with the filter in the wing set up as it'll be getting much more cold air. Cold air burns better.

For anyone interested I have all the pipework and a Pipercross filter needed for the in-the-wing system. I was going to do this myself but went for a carbon enclosed system instead.

Best part? All the pipes are stainless steel so would polish up a treat! All you need are two silicone 90deg angles to strap the whole lot together

Fudgepacker
30-10-08, 08:38 PM
i done the cold air feed in the fron bumper that come in from below just re routed the original cold air feed and cut a whole in the black part next to the spot light

pVIRUSq
30-10-08, 08:57 PM
that'll be getting alot of heat soak as it's so big and right next to the engine. Do you have a cold air feed routed near it or is it just sucking in air from the sourrounding engine bay?

You would deffinately notice a difference with the filter in the wing set up as it'll be getting much more cold air. Cold air burns better.

For anyone interested I have all the pipework and a Pipercross filter needed for the in-the-wing system. I was going to do this myself but went for a carbon enclosed system instead.

Best part? All the pipes are stainless steel so would polish up a treat! All you need are two silicone 90deg angles to strap the whole lot together

pm sent

Maxxed_Ross
30-10-08, 09:06 PM
and replied!

see, shameless plugging does work lol

Fudgepacker
30-10-08, 09:11 PM
lol wish i could get a cold air feed for my 360 just over heats

pVIRUSq
30-10-08, 09:50 PM
tell me about it... ring of death lol !!

grimmy
30-10-08, 11:00 PM
this is what mine looks like at the mo
I had the same set up on my 120 when i had it and that worked a treat heat soak was not a problem as the original air box fed plenty of cold air to the engine and the noise was incredible

Fudgepacker
30-10-08, 11:04 PM
mine is only half of a ring got the coolant pack on the back oh this is regarding the place of an indction kit do you not suck moisture up the hose in the rain

grimmy
30-10-08, 11:15 PM
nope not a drop it worked faultless

Fudgepacker
30-10-08, 11:46 PM
well i got some flexi hose and got nothing else todo tomorow can i put the filter in the wing with out taking the front bumper off

Christina - Banned User
30-10-08, 11:58 PM
well i got some flexi hose and got nothing else todo tomorow can i put the filter in the wing with out taking the front bumper off

You should be able to manage with just removing the NS wheel and arch liner.

Fudgepacker
31-10-08, 12:02 AM
You should be able to manage with just removing the NS wheel and arch liner.

english please:dawgie:

Fudgepacker
31-10-08, 12:04 AM
oh i get you now lol sorry