PDA

View Full Version : Heater fan

mikesezgreen
05-11-08, 08:17 PM
I have a problem with my heater fans.

settings 1 and 2 have stopped working and setting 3 squeeks and cranks all the time. So far the only one working fine is setting 4... so at the moment i can only have them on full or off - it's driving me mad!!:rant:

On a seperate issue, i need to get the front discs and pads changed, is it an easy job, i've never attempted it before...:thumbsdown:

Rosscopecotrain
05-11-08, 08:46 PM
Your first problem is a doddle to fix . Get a resistor from a scrappy and follow the how to, to fix it. do a search and you will see how easy it is

G

Shafz
05-11-08, 11:55 PM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1349

arwilson80
06-11-08, 08:51 AM
My lil bro (on a ZR) has the exact same problem with the resistor pack as you have...

As for the discs and pads - have you done anything like that before? If so then they are easy enough to do. I did them on the ZR and it took about 1½-2 hours.

garys123
06-11-08, 09:15 AM
You can get some resistors from maplin for 40p each you need 10w 1ohm it is really eays to do but the rsistors from maplin are a little to big and you have to arrange them in a way that they fit through the hole. If i can do it any one can it only takes minutes to do as well.

mikesezgreen
07-11-08, 08:15 PM
Cheers guys.

Shaftz you the man, what a huge help, doing it at the weekend.

DeMoNPauL
08-11-08, 02:40 AM
Cheers guys.

Shaftz you the man, what a huge help, doing it at the weekend.

Ask him where the remedy comes from before bestowing praise on him.

Credit where credits due.

Zippy Saloon
08-11-08, 06:07 AM
You can get some resistors from maplin for 40p each you need 10w 1ohm it is really eays to do but the rsistors from maplin are a little to big and you have to arrange them in a way that they fit through the hole. If i can do it any one can it only takes minutes to do as well.
1 ohm sounds a bit high - am sure I used 0.47 ohm ones (using 1 ohm resistors I would think that position "1" would be a bit slow)

mikesezgreen
08-11-08, 06:30 PM

I'm just greatful for the info and wouldn't have known where to look myself - but i can see what you mean and understand i should thank the origional poster. :oops:

KevG
08-11-08, 07:23 PM

Info is on is on .org, zscentral, XPF and here, so give it a break Paul!

stamford
08-11-08, 08:53 PM

That response was uncalled for considering the original poster has mentioned quite clearly where he got the advice from, so why the terse comment?

All shafz did was direct him to the thread, disappointed.