PDA

View Full Version : MGTF Steering Wheel

Ricks180
09-11-08, 10:03 PM
Hi guys i'm looking for an MGTF steering wheel my mate papa_lazaroo says they are the dogs. If anyone has one for sale please let me know. By the way if anyone in the Birmingham area needs a service contact papa_lazaroo proper job with proper parts.

Smokey
10-11-08, 03:00 PM
they sre available on ebay new for £75 mate in silver same as I have

Ricks180
10-11-08, 03:39 PM
Thanks i'll have a look

papa_lazaroo
10-11-08, 04:38 PM
Tar very much for the kind words our kid

Can you get one with Red inserts? Would look the the biz on your Zed mate.

As would spraying the door/dash inserts??????

TjP
10-11-08, 05:12 PM
Hmm, Ive had my eye on these for a while but couldnt find them on ebay... semms theres quite a few on there now!

Is there anything else you need to fit one of these... a boss or somthing?

grimmy
10-11-08, 05:38 PM
Yeah you need a bit of tube with a couple of notches in it to help fitting and enable your indicator cancelling, there is plenty of info on here about that, somewhere if not try XPF it's definatley there.

Craig
10-11-08, 06:00 PM
Heres some pics of one of Fire engineer off XPF's steering wheel adapter

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4685

Ricks180
10-11-08, 10:14 PM
Thanks for your help guys just got one off ebay for £40. Now I have just got to speak to Papa to help me out again. He truely is my bestest friend.

papa_lazaroo
11-11-08, 09:33 AM
I AM WASHING MY HAIR, 1 at a time, so I'll be busy , well for ever really Rich !!!!

Bet you wish you hadn't told everyone about the leg of lamb now MATE !!!!:(

Best thing is to plan to do this, and the other 500 jobs we seem to be putting off, until Christmas ( Here we go, here comes the sulking/tears/etc).
Unless you cannot wait, then we'll have a stab at it, just make sure you order the adapter as discussed above in the thread (they are only pennies).

And I state here and now, I take no responsibility for your airbag, should it go off:yikes: (Unlikely, but you never know). And YOU are triming the airbag to fit, I'll let you use my knife :axe:

Craig
11-11-08, 10:25 AM
Unless you cannot wait, then we'll have a stab at it, just make sure you order the adapter as discussed above in the thread (they are only pennies).

The one I had cost £15

chriszs180
11-11-08, 10:39 AM
just cut the bottom off the old one as well the metal is very soft and was easy to do then just cut athe 2 sides down

Smokey
11-11-08, 11:16 AM
this is what I did, have kept a hold of the adapter and silver wheel for my next zed.