PDA

View Full Version : Possible ZS model maker?

skyblueads
10-11-08, 07:59 PM
Found this company, who make all sorts of models,

http://www.kandrreplicas.co.uk/MGS.HTM

They say if there's enough demand for a particular model they may be able to produce it! Drop 'em an email, as I have and who knows!

info@kandrreplicas.co.uk

Maxxed_Ross
11-11-08, 07:04 AM
I'm sure XPowerforums enquired about a ZS model and they needed at least 500 orders!

Looking at the pics of the ZR and TF, the quality looks a bit on the, er, crap side

arwilson80
11-11-08, 08:52 AM
Looking at the pics of the ZR and TF, the quality looks a bit on the, er, crap side

I thought so too but pics don't always do justice...

Stuart
11-11-08, 09:05 AM
http://www.kandrreplicas.co.uk/krrl74.html

Is it just me or does the back wheel on this look really wrong like the tyres are far too thin and not to scale? :confused:

Maxxed_Ross
11-11-08, 12:21 PM
yeah the offset is all wrong

skyblueads
11-11-08, 01:14 PM
Well I was just trying to find someone to make them, as I know a lot of people wanted them. I had a reply:

Hi Adam

Thank you for your message, we have had a number of enquiries ourselves over
the years but we tend to find that people say 'yes I want one' but when it
comes to putting their hands in their pockets they suddenly all disappear.
We would need definite orders for around 200 models to make it a viable
proposition.

Regards

Stephen

However if there's no interest then I'm sorry for posting.

Stuart
11-11-08, 01:35 PM
Sorry mate i didnt mean to sound bitchy, i was just pointing out the wheel looked to small, i would be very up for one of the zs if the quality were slightly better.

Top marks for taking the time to find out about this though. :yes:

mattie007
12-11-08, 05:48 PM
Put me down for one!
In fact, an easier way of getting to 200 would be to do, say, 3 versions. Road, BTCC Hotwheels, BTCC MG S n R? That way you only need 70 odd people?
Just a thought?

Spread the link across the forums and I am sure, together, we can do it!
Maybe even put a bit about it in the MG mag you write for?
Also, the btccpages forum are always talking about models and the MG comes up quite a bit.

skyblueads
12-11-08, 08:15 PM
Apparently X Power had £3000 in deposits but still couldn't get them made. I dunno, I'm happy to champion this though.

mattie007
13-11-08, 10:19 PM
yeh, I put down a £100 for 3 models but it went tits up at the 11th hour. Worth another go?

skyblueads
14-11-08, 09:06 AM
Like I said, I am happy to organise this. Lets see if anyone else comes forward.

Maxxed_Ross
14-11-08, 01:19 PM
Put me down for one if they are making a mk2

skyblueads
15-11-08, 09:10 PM
Is there anyway we could get the MG Car Club, or Owners Club involved with this? Their financial clout could make the difference.

Zippy Saloon
16-11-08, 03:26 AM
Is there anyway we could get the MG Car Club, or Owners Club involved with this? Their financial clout could make the difference.Not for the lowly ZS, now if it were yet another version of an MGB...

I contacted the manufacturer of the small pewter effect Maestro & Metro models a while ago regarding the possibility of making the Zeds and they didn't even see fit to respond (would have thought that these would have been the cheapest to get made).

Have a look here:
http://www.ayrey.co.uk/reframe.asp?items.asp?id=185&pageno=1
This is a site selling the models I mean - the actual manufacturer is Autosculpt. I would think pretty much everyone who owns a ZS, or at least keen enough to be on the various forums, would be willing to pay out £5.99 for a model - could be difficult getting people to shell out £30+ though.

Have attached pic of their VW Golf - considering its about 40mm long I think you'll agree the detail is pretty impressive.

Am sure that people tried for years to get a model MG Montego organised to no avail
:deadhorse:
(sadly)

Maxxed_Ross
16-11-08, 09:53 AM
that is impressive!

I wonder how hard that would be to do

mattie007
16-11-08, 10:26 PM
Everyone email him! enquiries@ayrey.co.uk

mattie007
16-11-08, 10:35 PM
Hi,
I have been looking around the internet for a few years trying to find a model of the MG ZS.
I have just seen your website and wondered if you would consider making one in pewter? The bigger the scale the better.
There is a lot of interest in an MG ZS model and recently a website had £3000 in pre orders for a plastic version, only for the deal to fall through when MG Rover went bust.
There is four ZS enthusiast websites and many more MG Rover sites asking about models so I am sure there is a market for them. You only have to look at the popularity of the Corgi MG ZT/Rover 75 model (similar to the MG ZS/Rover 45) to understand the potential this model would have.
The added bonus is that the MG ZS is almost identical in appearance to the Rover 45, so 2 models could be made from the same mouldings!
If you could let me know if it would be possible to produce them I will spread the word!
Regards
Matthew

p.s. there is 2 versions of the MG ZS and many owners would like a version of each.....