PDA

View Full Version : ZS 180 2003 Silver

zaz
17-11-08, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately having to sell my lovely MG ZS 180, which is a shame as its a lovely smooth ride and very quick. However, having a new baby daughter more than makes up for it !

This was an impulse buy in July of this year, i paid Five Grand in total which included a part-ex on my old car and to me, it was worth every penny. However, i have an ongoing mini restoration project that is eating into my funds a bit more than i first suspected so i need to sell one of my 'toys' to fund it, so this silver bullet has to go.

Viewers to this forum will be familiar of course with the specs and performance of the ZS range so i will spare the details, suffice to say that this is a very good example with very few faults.

Faults i can list would be a loose NS front mudguard (keep forgetting to get round to fix it) and a bit of kerbing on the NS front rim, about an inch long (pic on request), Thats about it as far as i can see / tell.

Viewings and test drives welcome any time, with proof of insurance and a full deposit (you break, you buy etc).

Comes with 45.5k miles and a full service history, the black/blue half leather seats, blue tinted windows and a CD player, plus of course that big lump of a V6 up front :)

As i paid 5k not 5 months ago, i will be looking for around 4k, with no sensible offer rejected, so try me out, never know your luck!

I am located in Barry, south wales, which is just outside of Cardiff. I am open to part ex but only for a classic mini clubman 1275GT in good nick as thats going to be my next project once i have finished my current clubby :)

Finally, i will check back here daily so any messages or questions, please PM here and i will respond in good time, thanks for looking.

stamford
17-11-08, 10:23 AM
Not wanting to burst your bubble zaz, but you will not get £4k for it. Members have been selling a good low mileage mk2 for less than that. Typical prices for mk1's vary from as low as £1200 up to around £2500 for a very good one, the market is dictating this I'm afraid. Didn't anyone tell you at the time that you were paying well over the market price back in July?

Good luck, but I doubt if it will go unless you can take a bit hit, sorry.

Dan1971
17-11-08, 01:15 PM
I think you paid over the odds when you got it, and if you look at others on the market, it's too expensive. Drop it another grand and take an offer.

Good luck mate .... Shame you only visited the site to sell.

TjP
17-11-08, 02:20 PM
Aye, Stamford and Dan are right unfortunately.

I paid 6k for my mk2 with 33k back in May, and that was quite a high price even for a mk2, though I was willing to pay that cause it was from a dealer and was right on my doorstep (not many mk2's around my area).

The value of these cars are really low atm, not a good time to sell.

Fudgepacker
17-11-08, 02:46 PM
i paid 4k with 14k on the clock for my mk2 120

dave87
17-11-08, 03:40 PM
i paid for 6K for my 110+ a year ago so your not the only one paying over the odds for a car. If that helps....

zaz
17-11-08, 04:28 PM
I am open to offers of course, and yes, from a regulars point of view it can be slightly annoying when people only visit your boards to sell something but in all honesty it didnt cross my mind to look for a suitable forum like this before i went ahead and bought the car, otherwise id be a regular here myself too :)

I understand the economic factors which stop people buying right now, it all makes sense and im fully aware how i let the wool be pulled over my eyes as regards the initial price i paid, but we live and learn i suppose hehe

Anyhoo, offers are welcome, whatever they may be, i wont compound my idiocy by ignoring them as i do have to sell the car one way or another.

Thanks for the replies aswell guys, all good info

zaz
19-11-08, 08:46 PM
I could go to 3k if anyone wanted it, but no lower than that really :)

mattie007
19-11-08, 10:32 PM
Mine sounds a bit of bargain in comparison!
Paid £3750 two and half years ago for a 25k mile, 3 and half year old 120!

Good luck with the sale though, silver saloons look very sleek.

summerfies
19-11-08, 11:19 PM
I just sold my mint con, 32k 180 on an '04 plate for £3k. With extras of Twin powerflow stainless exhaust, 18 inch Kei alloys. It has been for sale for 5 months. So good luck with your sale

zaz
19-11-08, 11:47 PM
Good for you, i cant afford to give things away myself :)

mikesezgreen
20-11-08, 12:16 AM
It is a nice looking motor,

I paid £3500 for my 120+ earlier in the year with all the 180 kit on it. That only had 22k miles and 1 owner from new, i knew the guy selling it in work with me and i was fond of it so i invested, trouble is i'm getting the impression that these cars can't be bought for investment, i intend to keep mine running as long as possible as i won't get anything back for it.

All i think you can do is aim high and hold out as long as you can, just wait until the right buyer comes along...

As i'm only round the corner from you (figuratively speaking) i may be in a position to offer you a life line in the new year as my misses has started a new job and may need another car... hey it's alway's good to give a zed a good home...we are waiting to see how it pans out at the mo.

watch this space...:smile1:

summerfies
20-11-08, 07:29 AM
Good for you, i cant afford to give things away myself :)

If you want to sell it mate you are going to have to. Great cars as they are they are not worth a lot these days.

mattzs
21-11-08, 06:46 PM
Im looking for a ZS.

It is a sad state of affair that the cars are so cheap nowadays.

I would probably travel down to collect it but £3k is definatly too much.

53 and 04 reg's on autotrader for £3k and they are all 30k miles, 1 owners etc.

MK1 2001 reg, 38000 miles £2k... the list goes on.

zaz
21-11-08, 10:02 PM
Not too bothered really, i might aswell keep it for the time being as ive sold a couple of motorbikes instead.

Someone will have it at the right price, i wont be giving it away as its too good a car for that.

Its funny though, how the little 1100 clubman im building will sell for more than this monster when im done :D

TjP
21-11-08, 10:07 PM
Yeah the mini is a classic.

The 180 will be too one day, Im sure of it. Maybe not quite as much so as the mini, but definately a classic all the same.

dvid
22-11-08, 11:37 AM
Only reason mine isnt for sale is I know I will only sell it for about 4.5K, maybe 5K max and thats too big a hit at the moment (paid over the odds back in Dec last year)

When it comes for a family car I will prob just part ex it and cut my losses :(

If someone offered me 6K tomorrow I would bite their arm off lol

carmadbaker
22-11-08, 02:20 PM
just do wat i done...make the car YOURS, exactly how u want it! £3000 later and im nearly there :) lol

Maxxed_Ross
22-11-08, 03:55 PM
or do what I did and buy something totally different - then rotate them so you don't get bored!

works a treat

zaz
22-11-08, 05:09 PM
Thats the idea with the clubman :D

Hmm...wonder if i could fit the V6 in the mini...

carmadbaker
22-11-08, 05:21 PM
LMAO! now your talking!! DOUBLE DARE YA! :D

Maxxed_Ross
22-11-08, 06:34 PM
yeah stick it in the boot!

A mid mounted V6 in a Mini would be craaaaaaaaaazy!

zaz
29-12-08, 09:27 AM
Still available for 3k if anyone wants to cheer themselves up after a naff xmas, or have a sweet motor to drag around that xmas belly :D

afcbadam
29-12-08, 11:11 AM
yea prob only worth £2.5k. i paid £3.5 k for a 2004 last month fsh 20k miles but that included 4 new tyres, new new discs and pads mot, and service

zaz
29-12-08, 01:17 PM
only worth 2.5k to you maybe, but that would be giving it away, like the seller did to you for your car :)

afcbadam
29-12-08, 03:53 PM
to anybody. its the book price im affraid. whats the last bit ment to mean.

zaz
29-12-08, 05:57 PM
Means im jealous you got such a good deal :)

Book price is irrelevant anyway, thats for trade prices, not private sales and is not the end-all of pricing. I've had plenty of mini's where the 'book value' is less than 500 quid but the private sale value is 3k+ so that arguement falls flat on its face really, but each to their own :)

Maxxed_Ross
29-12-08, 06:23 PM
book prices are shocking just now, apparently my mint very low mileage 54 is only worth £2.3k!!

I laughed all the way out the showroom

zaz
23-04-09, 10:01 AM
Ill take 2.5k or a vno, its got to go, it doesnt do more than 20 miles a week now.

its pretty much 47k miles and ill get it valeted for any buyer who agrees a deal

lewerty
23-04-09, 04:39 PM
u tried pistonheads or ebay??

zaz
01-05-09, 09:10 AM
Several times on PH, no action there, same on ebay but the fees are a killer on there so i gave up with that method.