PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Clock

MattX2C
25-11-08, 11:09 AM
Did a quick search on here as i know forums get a tad annoyed when new users come and ask tonnes of questions about stuff that has been explained countless times, but I didn't find too much on this.

My clock works perfectly, but the light doesn't work. Not a massive problem worth paying someone to fix as i always have my phone anyway, but if its an easy DIY job then i'll get it sorted.

Is it just a bulb, or has a fuse gone?

What sort of bulb?

I read that you can just take the head unit out and reach up?

Whats the method please?

Maxxed_Ross
25-11-08, 11:22 AM
I have heard of people taking them out by just taking out the head unit but uless you have really really tiny hands taking the front of the dash off is going to be alot less hassle, as there are 2 screws and a plug to remove.

Not too sure about the other stuff though

KevG
25-11-08, 11:30 AM
Best Bet is to remove the stereo and cage, that way you'll be able to remove the bulb

dstart
18-01-10, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know what type of bulb is used behind the clock and for the hazard switch?

I had it all apart today but couldn't for the life of my find out what type of bulb that is, :crazy: and yes, I have been searching the forums, xpower and mg-rover.

Any help, much appreciated :)

grimmy
18-01-10, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know what type of bulb is used behind the clock and for the hazard switch?

I had it all apart today but couldn't for the life of my find out what type of bulb that is, :crazy: and yes, I have been searching the forums, xpower and mg-rover.

Any help, much appreciated :)
There was a thread on here about the same thing very recently have a look