PDA

View Full Version : Just cleaned. :)

ecion
06-12-08, 11:57 AM
Well, its as clean as she'll ever be for a while, bloody weather. probably be filthy again tomorrow.

http://i38.tinypic.com/35m1u2r.jpg

Also heres a pic of my brakes, i guess this isnt standard? previous owner must of done it.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2vdl54i.jpg

And theres my new exhaust, i mentioned in another thread. :)

http://i35.tinypic.com/357nf9y.jpg

XPCobra
06-12-08, 12:27 PM
Looking good but tailpipe sticks out too far ( possibly the chance of it being illegal)

Boot Hill Bandit
06-12-08, 12:37 PM
Looking good but tailpipe sticks out too far ( possibly the chance of it being illegal)

I know what you mean.........but mine is kinda a trip hazard as well if you walk around the back of the car and it has passed an MOT like it since owning it :laugh:

Jim

stamford
06-12-08, 01:32 PM
That exhaust is a bad boy!

davidkp
06-12-08, 04:04 PM
looks nice mate,like the wheels but that exhaust cheapens the whole car imo

carmadbaker
06-12-08, 04:49 PM
i think a guy on the x-power forums is selling some 17" mk1 straights...wud look really nice on your car matey! really finish it off!

ecion
06-12-08, 04:52 PM
aye, i know the exhaust isnt to everyones taste. but at the end of the day, my current one was rotten, and the cheapest stainless steal one i could find was that one. didnt wanna get a standard one again as it would just rot in 3 years again lol. no doubt theres so more discreet stainless ones out there, but whats done is done. :)

as for wheels, i'd much rather have some mk2 17"s, but they're hard to come by. =[

Murray203ps
06-12-08, 05:56 PM
That is one shiney Zed. You could almost live in that exhaust.:w00t:

ecion
06-12-08, 06:27 PM
lol thanks, but i only used a bucket of water and a squirt of fairy liquid! i could never do all these 20 stage cleaning sessions. :)

TjP
06-12-08, 06:39 PM
The exhuast sticks out a bit much for my taste, but the car looks very nice otherwise :)

You may want to wax the car if you wash it with fairy liquid, otherwise the paint will have no protection (fairy liquid removes it all). Ive been using Duragloss 901 shampoo on my car recently, cheap but really really good stuff.

arwilson80
06-12-08, 09:50 PM
I'd agree with all the others... Looks good except for the exhaust, and i myself would change the wheels.

grimmy
06-12-08, 11:53 PM
your car is nice mate, as for the exhaust get someone to lop a couple of inches off it with a grinder or something and it will look quality.

Maxfly
07-12-08, 09:11 AM
your car is nice mate, as for the exhaust get someone to lop a couple of inches off it with a grinder or something and it will look quality.

wot he says, though it aint half as bad looking as lot you get out there imo, and deffo just buy some cheap wash n wax as fairy liquid just rapes yer paintwork, for the cost of a cheap shampoo you would be as well too:) car does look lovely though:)

KevG
07-12-08, 11:10 AM
All washing up liquid contains :

Salt
Degreaser
Bleach

so, not very kind to automotive paint.

As for the Exhaust it isnt illegal according to the MoT Handbook

Body condition
This part of the examination applies to all vehicles.

4. Examine the body work for excessive corrosion or damage resulting in sharp edges which are likely to cause injury,

4. A sharp edge or projection, caused by corrosion or damage, which renders the vehicle dangerous to other road users, including pedestrians

Andyf
07-12-08, 03:33 PM
May be ok for the MOT but I think under the construction and use regulations it can't stick out further than the bumper.

mikesezgreen
07-12-08, 05:41 PM
It's nice looking, very clean - know what you mean about the weather, i cleaned mine yesterday and it needs doing again already...

I think the exhaust is a bit much, it needs to be flush with the bumper, but i hope it sounds good.

Alan.F
07-12-08, 07:17 PM
May be ok for the MOT but I think under the construction and use regulations it can't stick out further than the bumper.

And this guy should know :)