PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Key Fob

Ricks180
07-12-08, 09:05 AM
Hi Guy's I thought i'd lost my one and only key and fob for my Mk1 Zs the other day. You know when you look high and low all over the place and cant find the thing anywhere. So I thought it might be an idea to get a spare, I've seen a few on ebay but was wondering 1) if they are easy to program and 2) can I get a Mk2 fob to work on my Mk1. also If anyone has a spare they wish to sell let me know.

Maxfly
07-12-08, 09:08 AM
Hi Guy's I thought i'd lost my one and only key and fob for my Mk1 Zs the other day. You know when you look high and low all over the place and cant find the thing anywhere. So I thought it might be an idea to get a spare, I've seen a few on ebay but was wondering 1) if they are easy to program and 2) can I get a Mk2 fob to work on my Mk1. also If anyone has a spare they wish to sell let me know.

i think the way to get the mk2 key fob to work is to take the shell and with a bit of modifying you fit the mk1 fob guts into the mk 2 key fob shell and there you have it, your old fob in a nice new suit:D:super:

RalphG
07-12-08, 09:17 AM
Key fobs have to programmed to the car using a T4 diagnostic computer (which we've got). The round and square gobs use completely different technology and are not interchangeable (other than swapping the cases as Maxfly suggests).

Ricks180
10-12-08, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys i'll stick with the Mk1 fob on the back it says 17tn is this the code or just the fob number?

RalphG
10-12-08, 05:14 PM
17TN is the model number of the fob. Alternative types for the square fob are 3TXA and 3TXB.