PDA

View Full Version : should your horn work to pass a mot...

chriszs180
10-08-07, 07:07 AM
as above my new zs isn't horny
:no::no::no:
so checked the fuses all ok and looked here and it seems to be a common problem
but it just had its mot and a network q test with vauxhall so it should be covered with there waranty (i didnt check it and went to use it yesterday and nothing..)

going to give them a ring today but have to drive for an hour to get to the garadge i bought it from and as they are vauxhall they wont have parts...

should i just be sneeky and swap the one from the 120 before it goes back or just let the garadge sort it...

arwilson80
10-08-07, 09:53 AM
I have a feeling that it has to be working... but i'm not 100% certain. Will have a look and see if i can find anything.

The horn on my lil bro's ZR stopped working for a bit, but a sharp tap and it's worked ever since.

arwilson80
10-08-07, 10:02 AM
OK, just as i thoiught.... It does have to work.

Useful link about MOT questions - http://www.ukmot.com/mot_check.asp#information100

Smokey
10-08-07, 11:38 AM
definately has to work, mine wasn't working when I first got it but dunno if I hit a bump the right way or what but 6 weeks later I suddenly have a working horn again...so look out for a loose connection first!

chriszs180
10-08-07, 12:57 PM
its under warranty but will have to take it to hertfordshire to get it done and i have so many more plans to do in my time off......

might have a look at the clips to see if any thing is loose
is there an easy way to get at it or do i have to remove the frount bumper..

arwilson80
10-08-07, 01:26 PM
You may be able to undo the wheel arch liner and get in at it, but the easiest way is to remove the bumper.

grimmy
10-08-07, 04:19 PM
The bumper has to come off to get to it but it is pretty simple

sduk
10-08-07, 05:39 PM
take it you have not changed your wheel recently? is it both buttons? there are connections in there and it maybe the earthing clip or other parts have been disconnected, remove the airbag and have a look.

my left button came loose but it can be fixed. :)

Steves Cleenz
10-08-07, 06:42 PM
if you are messing around with the air bag i strongly advise you to disconnect the battery, a mate of a mate had one go off in his face :shutup: as for the horn the bumper has to come off but you only have to undo the passenger side as you can get to it from just pulling the bumper away from the body