PDA

View Full Version : help desperate to get my car working

dandy03
12-12-08, 07:33 PM
Please can anyone out there help me my mgzs is palying silly buggars wi me.
It is difficult to start, and when it does start it kicks out lots of grey smoke and black smoke, then it revs itself sometimes up to 3000 revs even when standing still and whilst i am driving it , then if i am really unlucky it cuts out completely and wont start at all for about an hour or so.
The fan will start up and run for ages even if the car is standing in the drive.
The garage has changed the temp gauge and that hasn t done anything at all. Please help.

grimmy
12-12-08, 07:38 PM
Please can anyone out there help me my mgzs is palying silly buggars wi me.
It is difficult to start, and when it does start it kicks out lots of grey smoke and black smoke, then it revs itself sometimes up to 3000 revs even when standing still and whilst i am driving it , then if i am really unlucky it cuts out completely and wont start at all for about an hour or so.
The fan will start up and run for ages even if the car is standing in the drive.
The garage has changed the temp gauge and that hasn t done anything at all. Please help.
Hey mate it may help if you tell us what model you have 110, 120, 180 or one of the Smokers,i had a problem with my 120 when i had it the revs would do something similar to what you describe turned out to be a sensor somewhere but i am sure if you give us some more details on your car someone will be along soon with a possible diagnosis.Oh yeah and weclome to the site

stamford
13-12-08, 12:05 PM
Firstly welcome to the forum. As Grimmy has said, give us some more info on the model. One thing to do is get it hooked up to an OBDII reader to see what codes it is throwing up, that will help to pinpoint the cause.

There may be a member near you that may be able to help with the reader for you.