PDA

View Full Version : seat belts

garys123
22-12-08, 02:16 PM
Would it be possible to put a 4 point harness in the car just for track days to stop me sliding all over the place and using my knee on the centre console to help me out a bit. Just been looking on some sites and they aint that much to buy.

stamford
22-12-08, 02:31 PM
I very much doubt it as the anchor plates are normally screw in eyes to take the belt clasp at the end of the webbing. This would mean using the same seat belt anchor point in the shell as the inertia belt. The other issue would be the rear anchors, meaning the rear seat backs would need to be removed for the rear tether positions, which need to be correct and at the right angle. Most cars use harness bars these days.

garys123
22-12-08, 02:34 PM
Did not think it would be that easy. Oh well thats, that thought thrown out of the window. have to stick some velcro to my backside and the seat that should help.

stamford
22-12-08, 02:46 PM
I have been thinking of changing at least one seat and belt for a bucket seat and harness. I was looking at doing both front ones but the missus would complain. Probably more to do with me saying having a second harness and her having squashed jugs! :laugh:

RalphG
22-12-08, 05:16 PM
I've seen a couple of cars fitted with 3 point harness. They have a connector in the rear mounting point so that the harness can be taken out of the car when not in use. The rear mounting point is under the rear seat, with the belt coming out between the squab and cushion.

Maxxed_Ross
22-12-08, 05:27 PM
yeah my mate has one like that in his Civic coupe, he has a 4 point and the shoulder straps vanish inside the rear seat cushions