PDA

View Full Version : Question for Stamford

marts66
22-12-08, 04:32 PM
Hi mate, just looking at your pics of Goodwood and noticed your rear wiper (so to speak). How much work is involved in that please, could be a worthwhile mod...;)

stamford
22-12-08, 05:58 PM
Sourcing the right shape and dimension wiper motor is the key and then fabricating mounts and having the balls to drill a large hole in the bootlid for it! Then running wiring to a switch, which I have not finished as yet as I want to use a hatch stalk as this has the rear wash/wipe built in. I have this temporarily wired through a switch on the dash.

I used a Corsa rear wiper motor and bought a short wiper blade.

marts66
22-12-08, 06:40 PM
thanxs very much, might look into this in the new year when mine comes back. greatly appreciated though.

afcbadam
23-12-08, 05:55 PM
thats what i miss on my saloon. was so used to having it on my hatch

XPCobra
23-12-08, 10:08 PM
take it a step further and drill through the glass ( well get somebody to do that) or just keep your car clean.

afcbadam
23-12-08, 10:27 PM
keepimg it clean is my anwser, had its weekly wash earlier tonight

Zippy Saloon
24-12-08, 05:06 AM
keepimg it clean is my anwser, had its weekly wash earlier tonight

Weekly!

Lucky if mine gets one monthly

rbull51
24-12-08, 05:26 AM
Weekly wash is the way to go, leave it any longer than that and it gets very dirty and harder to wash!

Stuart
24-12-08, 08:29 AM
Am i the only one who wouldnt dream of putting a wiper on if i had a saloon? i think it looks so much better without one and with the angle the back window is at it never really gets that dirty does it? maybe its just me.

stamford
24-12-08, 08:34 AM
Each to their own.

The miles I do each week makes a difference to me and helps to see those roof extras some cars have ;)

arwilson80
24-12-08, 08:54 AM
Each to their own.

The miles I do each week makes a difference to me and helps to see those roof extras some cars have ;)

If they have them... The vast majority of them here are now mounted in the cerntre of the front window at dash height or in the front grille, and in the back window.:shutup:

ZS
24-12-08, 09:01 AM
Weekly!

Monthly!?!?!?!

Lucky if mine is done quarterly... :medieval:

Stuart
24-12-08, 09:04 AM
Each to their own

I totally agree, i appreciate the work you have put into getting this onto your car and admire the fact you have the balls to go for it!! :clap2: its just not for me, i hope i didnt offend :sad:

stamford
24-12-08, 09:09 AM
No not at all! That's what's great about forums, opinions and discussions.

If I worried about being offended I wouldn't have made it public about the mod :D

You gotta take the rough with the smooth.

ZS
24-12-08, 09:10 AM
I totally agree, i appreciate the work you have put into getting this onto your car and admire the fact you have the balls to go for it!! :clap2: its just not for me, i hope i didnt offend :sad:

So what is your name? Stuart, Fimbo or Maxxed Ross? lmao you have all three names listed :D:D

I do miss the wiper from my hatch, but I'm not going to put one on the saloon... theres a bloody big spoiler in the way so I can't really see much out the back anyway ;)

Stuart
24-12-08, 09:14 AM
So what is your name? Stuart, Fimbo or Maxxed Ross? lmao you have all three names listed :D:D

Its stuart!! just havent got round to taking the fimbo off my sig, i thought every1 who had a sig from ross had his name on it??

stamford
24-12-08, 09:28 AM
Yea it's copyright :D

KevG
24-12-08, 09:46 AM
Its stuart!! just havent got round to taking the fimbo off my sig, i thought every1 who had a sig from ross had his name on it??

I dont!

Stuart
24-12-08, 10:02 AM
I dont! :smartass:

Ok i have now deleted the offending parts on my sig, is everybody happy now? :p

afcbadam
24-12-08, 12:58 PM
Weekly!

well this one was 5 days after the last. im hate driving a dirty car. when there not very dirty it only takes 5 mins to flick over it

sduk
24-12-08, 05:34 PM
do you have any pics of this mod stamford?