PDA

View Full Version : bulbs

afcbadam
28-12-08, 08:46 PM
any body fitted the osram nightbreakers? any good

afcbadam
28-12-08, 09:01 PM
or the philips xtream. which ones are better?

28-12-08, 10:06 PM
I use the Philips. Far better than oe.

afcbadam
28-12-08, 10:20 PM
in what way mate. i have noticed that my standard bulbs are pretty poor on a really dark road. do they light further up the road and wider or just a brighter light

Maxxed_Ross
28-12-08, 10:23 PM
I've got some fancy Halfords ones in the full beam as I have HID's in the main beam - but I have seen the other two in use and IMO for the price the Halfrauds ones are just as good at a fraction of the cost

Never thought I'd find myself saying that!

Light up the road really well at a reasonable distance.

I liked them so much that my dad's Audi and my Landrover now have them too

ian zs180
28-12-08, 10:27 PM
I have the philips xtreame in mine i would say they give a wider spread of light and a little brighter wouldnt say its loads brighter though . They do look alot brighter to look at them and are alot more white . I was told a while back that the best ones to go for are the PIAA i already bought my philips after i was told this but next time i might try these

28-12-08, 10:29 PM
in what way mate. i have noticed that my standard bulbs are pretty poor on a really dark road. do they light further up the road and wider or just a brighter light

Lights up more of the road with a whiter/brighter light.

Maxxed_Ross
28-12-08, 10:32 PM
...I was told a while back that the best ones to go for are the PIAA i already bought my philips after i was told this but next time i might try these

I've got some of them fitted to the Landrover spot lights. Quite expensive but very very bright!

afcbadam
28-12-08, 10:36 PM
ross did you get my pm buddy

Maxxed_Ross
28-12-08, 11:22 PM
Replied to the one yesterday but that was the last one I got

afcbadam
29-12-08, 10:16 AM
the one with my address on ill do it again just in case mate

arwilson80
29-12-08, 01:12 PM
PIAA ones definately are bright... Just be prepared for them, They are a professional lamp used by rally / race teams. Generally about £30-40 a set and don't nessecarily last any longer than a normal bulb as they still have filaments...

Manalishi
29-12-08, 05:45 PM
I can really recommend Ring Ultra Xenon. I have them in my coupe and I'm very impressed. My lights are alwys on (by law in Sweden) and they are still ok after 12months. Comes in H1 H4 H7. Ebay for about a tenner

midcuk
30-12-08, 11:32 AM
i had osram nightbreakers blinded everyone, lit up signs n stuff ace though, only lasted 6 months though.
got hids now they are class