PDA

View Full Version : tyres

afcbadam
06-01-09, 09:22 PM
can any body recommend a good all year all round tyre. the ones that are on there at the mo are very poor and slip and slide all over the place and hold the road like sh!t. even at 10mph going round a mini roundabout as i found out yesterday..... yep they were very nearly brown!!!

:thankyou:

TjP
06-01-09, 10:07 PM
Avon ZZ3 seems to be a popular choice on the ZS.

I've got Toyo T1R's on the front of mine at and theyre good. When I come to replace them I might try the Avons though, see what all the fuss is about :) Also Im bored with the tyre tread on the T1Rs since Ive had them on my last car and now the Zed - weird thing to get bored of eh :)

KevG
06-01-09, 10:14 PM
Avon ZZ3 seems to be a popular choice on the ZS.

I've got Toyo T1R's on the front of mine at and theyre good. When I come to replace them I might try the Avons though, see what all the fuss is about :) Also Im bored with the tyre tread on the T1Rs since Ive had them on my last car and now the Zed - weird thing to get bored of eh :)

:hmm: very strange ^^

I've had the Toyo T1R's on the ZS for the last 3 years, and I have had no problems, I have had Avons ZZ series before of other cars, and IMO I don't rate them at all.

TjP
06-01-09, 11:17 PM
I mean the tread pattern btw, just in case people were thinking I just got bored of the actual rubber :D :hmmm:

Anyway yeah the T1Rs have done me well so far too, although I get more wheelspin in the ZS than I did with them on my last car. The Zed does have more power and torque though. Good tyres Id say but I can only compare them to the standard ones.

talkingcars
07-01-09, 06:02 AM
My ZZ3's are performing well in the ice that we currently have.

grimmy
07-01-09, 05:18 PM
Kummho ecsta on my car and have no problems with them at all pretty decent tyre

afcbadam
07-01-09, 07:24 PM
i have herd alot of good things about the kumho ectastas. i think they are the ones ill try

grimmy
07-01-09, 09:14 PM
i have herd alot of good things about the kumho ectastas. i think they are the ones ill try
I got mines from a local tyre fitter not much use to you i know but 65 quid a corner well worth the money.

afcbadam
07-01-09, 09:35 PM
my local is the same. i had them on a rover before but cannot remember what they were like. i think thats a very good price

michaelb
08-01-09, 08:03 AM
i have the ZZ3's on my ZS and have been impressed with them so far.

the std conti's i rate highly too but they are expensive which is why i went for the avon's.

arwilson80
08-01-09, 08:49 AM
Have had Avons, Toyos, and the OE Conti ones... They all have their merits.

Toyo - Grippy but soft
Avon - Reasonably grippy and a little harder than the Toyo
Conti - Expensive!

Have Falken & Pirelli on there at the minute and wouldn't have either again. They seem very hard rubber and aren't grippy at all.

Lil bro has just put the Khumo on the ZR and so far i'd say they were somewhere close to the Toyo and Avons.

garys123
08-01-09, 09:35 AM
The next set of tyres i will get will be the toyo's had them on the previous car and i was impressed with them

p_b82
08-01-09, 09:54 AM
as with all things tyre it is as much as finding a tyre that suits how you like the car to 'feel' rather than out and out grip, as most non-budget brands are fairly similar nowadays

I have been using BFGoodrich's on mine since i had it (nearly 5 years) and only just swapped to set of T1-R's on the rear (to try them out) it is a pity but i have not really had that much oppertunity to do so as my car has been poorly, but i think i prefered the BFG's because i have got used to them... the T1-R seem to make the back end a little bit more skittish