PDA

View Full Version : best sounding car youve heard?

Leasky
11-08-07, 10:30 PM
civic type r running the jackson racing supercharger sounds awsome:thumbsup:

Shafz
11-08-07, 10:33 PM
the sound of the subaru, tyrbo version obv!
even when idle....makes me wet my pants

shroonie29
11-08-07, 10:47 PM
The ZT 260 at Warrington was awesome.

Shroon

sduk
11-08-07, 10:48 PM
was gonna say a subaru wins every time, prob the most instantly recognisable car there is.

although there is a ferrari where i work and it is knee trembling! :D

RalphG
11-08-07, 11:27 PM
It would have to be my ZS180 :rofl::bt:jump:

Leasky
11-08-07, 11:44 PM
get the video / sound clip up then lol

Mat C
11-08-07, 11:54 PM
In my eyes (and ears !) every 4 pot sounds like crap, i don't care how they are tuned ! Best noise from a car i've ever heard is split between a Panoz Esperante V8 Le Mans racer, a Pagani Zonda C12-S, Aston Martin DBR9 LM racer and the original Ford GT40 which i was lucky enough to witness not so long ago. They are real mans engines, not puffy Subarus and Honda CTR's - the sort of stuff you can hear beyond their pikey music down every high street ! Real noise begins with 8 cylinders above 400BHP !

Craig
12-08-07, 08:02 AM
my mates v8 porsche sounds gorgeous

Boot Hill Bandit
12-08-07, 08:33 AM
Ralphs ZS180 is just soooooooooooo damn sexy its unreal! No other ZS180 sounds like his or looks like it.....

Other favourite has to be Ross' Supercharged ZS180 which with the wail of the supercharger is just mental. Probably one of my favourite 'fast' road cars I have ever been in. My old favourite was the Lotus Carlton I went in just for its stealthyness in speed and power.

Never really been a fan of the Subaru mainly because there are so many about they don't actually feel very special.

No two ways about it.........the ZS' are an awesome car and their faults will eventually be corrected I hope. Fingers crossed NAC will redevelop a decent inlet mani for the KV6 which we can swap on..........

Jim

grimmy
12-08-07, 11:04 AM
Classic v8 mustang or dodge charger v8 engines make the best noise hands down

al_roverMG
12-08-07, 01:38 PM
Have to agree with leaskey on this one for cars i have owned. My CTR with its Spoon exhaust and the Huge Quickshift filter it had on it sounded awsome from about 3krpm all the way up to the 9k that the Hondata ecu was set to. Still miss it to this day but doing 500 miles a week at high 20s to the gallon was frankly to much.

As for the exotica i still have a real soft spot for the noise from the lambo giardo.

arwilson80
12-08-07, 03:15 PM
Only heard a V8 and V6 so far... the more cylinders you get packed in the nicer it sounds. ;)

For an every day car then it's definately the Subaru.

Boot Hill Bandit
12-08-07, 03:25 PM
Our Land Rover Discovery is a V8........in 'drive 3' holding the gears with foot to the floor it sounds pant wettingly good! I would dearly love to have a Rover V8 engined car but the KV6 is fine by me in the ZS180.

If I had more money to play with I'd love the KV6 engine in the LDV Pilot or a Rover V8 mid mounted in the back :evil:

I am happy enough with the Disco at the moment though its going really good at the minute.

Jim

Leasky
12-08-07, 05:14 PM
zs180 with straight thru system with a nice back box now thats bount to sound great no?

mrt_04
12-08-07, 07:21 PM
Any Noble hitting that note after 5k revs!!!!

stamford
12-08-07, 09:41 PM
I have a few...........

My ZS of course!
My old V8 Chevette
My old HS Chevette burbling twin 48s
Audi Quattro UR Turbo on full song.
Metro 6R4 going through the forest in RAC Rally '86
Pug T16 and RS 200 on same rally.
The best was the NASCAR i took around an oval in the states............awesome 650bhp on tap!

shroonie29
12-08-07, 09:49 PM
The wee KV6 can sound ok ;)

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/a5c80aa4-75e1-4774-8b9b-9837009dafa8.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a5c80aa4-75e1-4774-8b9b-9837009dafa8.htm)MG ZS 180 Having a quick blast on a private road (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a5c80aa4-75e1-4774-8b9b-9837009dafa8.htm)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/shroonie29/th_PICT0305.jpg (http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/shroonie29/?action=view&current=PICT0305.flv)

Shroon

Leasky
12-08-07, 09:51 PM
can you post the link so its usable plz lol

shroonie29
12-08-07, 10:02 PM
can you post the link so its usable plz lol

Sorted :)

Shroon

Leasky
12-08-07, 10:24 PM
cheers ! what system do you have piper? sounds good is that with a decat pipe fitted and precats still on?

shroonie29
12-08-07, 10:28 PM
cheers ! what system do you have piper? sounds good is that with a decat pipe fitted and precats still on?

First clip I had ITG,Piper cat-back & sports cat.Second clip as above & pre-cat removed ;)

Shron

ian zs180
12-08-07, 10:57 PM
its gotta be the subaru they do sound nice when they have a good exhaust on but the zt 260 at warrington also sounded awsome

Glen290
13-08-07, 10:31 AM
I agree with Ian on both counts, whenever I see a subaru when driving, I always open my window so i can hear it, but that ZT 260 was just awesome...

Maxxed_Ross
13-08-07, 11:35 AM
Mine is a subaru too

Was up living in Aberdeen for a while and there was an awesome red one that drove about. One day it was frosty he pulled onto the main street and booted it, drifting round the lights and driving a fair bit up the road sideways. The echo off the granite buildings sounded incredible!

garythesnail
13-08-07, 04:51 PM
Wife's old bug-eye Subaru WRX sounded great - her new 2.5ltr version sounds pants in comparison (I've read somwhere that the 2.0ltr versions had unequal length primaries to the exhaust manifold causing the distinct engine note which have been replaced with equal length manifold primaries in the new version). When reversing along the side of the house, her old car would with its distinctive "bom-bom-bom" at tickover would make the front door rattle in sympathy. Now I here nothing until she opens the front door and catches me doing sweet FA on the couch, whereas I could spring into action to maintain the illusion of having been busy before she walked in through the door with the old car.

One of my bug-bears with my ZS is that I can't bloody hear how good the KV6 sounds unless I'm in a tunnel doing 40-60mph in 2nd gear.

A fella at a gym opposite a building site I used to work at had a lime green Plymouth somehting-or-other with a cracking sounding V8. I've also been stood next to Ferrari V8's and V12's on hols last week - what a sound! BMW's V10 sounded good in an M5 pulling away from the lights too.

mrt_04
13-08-07, 08:45 PM
Best sounding engine for me. English Electric V10 diesel in a Class.37 locomotive hauling a 10k ton freightliner train, with the engine on full bore, hill climbing. You could hear every pot straining!!!

Vulcan Bomber in full take off mode, RR Olympus engines (no re-heat) screaming!!!

Sorry to break the car engine noises

Worst engine. Micra 1.1.....CONSTANT VELOCITY, VARIABLE PITCH, NOISE GENERATOR

Maxxed_Ross
13-08-07, 10:02 PM
if we are wandering into planes then has to be the Tornado... was at an air show down on Plymouth and every time it flew past is set off every car alarm.

Sounds like all 10 horsemen of the apocolipse at once!

Boot Hill Bandit
13-08-07, 10:29 PM
Best sounding engine for me. English Electric V10 diesel in a Class.37 locomotive hauling a 10k ton freightliner train, with the engine on full bore, hill climbing. You could hear every pot straining!!!

Vulcan Bomber in full take off mode, RR Olympus engines (no re-heat) screaming!!!

Sorry to break the car engine noises

Worst engine. Micra 1.1.....CONSTANT VELOCITY, VARIABLE PITCH, NOISE GENERATOR

I've driven a Class 33 locomotive and that was fun........I did have a little accident though but we won't go there :shutup:

Jim

arwilson80
13-08-07, 11:00 PM
I've driven a Class 33 locomotive and that was fun........I did have a little accident though but we won't go there :shutup:

Jim

Spit it out man... can't tell us that ittle bit and hold back the rest!

arwilson80
13-08-07, 11:02 PM
I've read somwhere that the 2.0ltr versions had unequal length primaries to the exhaust manifold causing the distinct engine note

Yep, that's what made them sound sooo nice. Causes a power drop though so that's probably why they changed them.

mrt_04
14-08-07, 12:03 AM
Class 33 (known as a 'Crompton'). They were ok, bit gutless. At least they had character though.
I actually fixed one last year on the Swanage Railway. Driver couldnt start it, so directed him to the engine governor switch, which had activated (very senstive kit). Reset, up she fired....marvellous!!!!! Modern diesel locomotives are GE built & just all sound the muffled same.....bring back BR!!!

Another superb aircraft for noise....Rockwell B1-B low level, just under the speed of sound.....!!!!

SR-71 Blackbird....saw a few in flight at Mildenhall Suffolk airshow & in the States, v v noisey

Boot Hill Bandit
14-08-07, 08:40 AM
Spit it out man... can't tell us that ittle bit and hold back the rest!

Okay if you must know..........in typical 'Bandit' style I ran into another train :slap: no damage but I daren't say anymore :slap: its too embarassing and I don't wanna get in trouble :shutup2: (Why I have to crash and damage things I will never know......'trying too hard' is what most people say LMFAO! )

Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
14-08-07, 08:43 AM
Class 33 (known as a 'Crompton'). They were ok, bit gutless. At least they had character though.
I actually fixed one last year on the Swanage Railway. Driver couldnt start it, so directed him to the engine governor switch, which had activated (very senstive kit). Reset, up she fired....marvellous!!!!! Modern diesel locomotives are GE built & just all sound the muffled same.....bring back BR!!!

Fair beasts they are. Apparently the workhorses for the Channel Tunnel Rail Link..........I have actually driven two one better than the other.........and the power on their own and acceleration for such huge heavy vehicles is quite astonishing......I have the photos and certificates somewhere in my room hidden away......I think :hmmm:

Jim