PDA

View Full Version : ARRRGHHHHH - Long post.

Phate
12-01-09, 07:48 PM
So I'm sitting here with sister watching TV and doing some work on the laptop and

BAANG

Look at each other "wtf?"

I hurry to the front door, open up to see a van speeding off and its gone...then I look at my car

He's reversed right into the corner of it, cracked the bumper and broken the drivers side light cluster.

Something I could really do without right now, just rang the guy I got my bits from before and he's got a rear bumper but its in le mans green and not trophy blue, he's got a light cluster though.

Bits won't be here until Wednesday at the earliest and I need to drive tomorrow - argh.

The van in question looked suspiciously like the van thats been obstructing the driveway for about 6 months whilst they do construction work on the new house over the road...me and mums bf are going to go have a word tomorrow.

ARGH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had nothing but bad luck with this car...it's been hit....about 5, 6 times now??

3 weeks after owning it it was stolen from me and written off, I then had to front £1100 for parts and to have it bodged repaired by my ******** of a useless uncle which meant it was off the road for a month.

I then took it to get it RR'd where it nearly jumped off the rollers and killed everyone due to the alignment of the wheels.

So I spent a lot of time doing the usual fixes, rear bumper sag, SRS light blah blah blah etc etc etc.

For it to be driven into 3 times in 2 weeks :cry:

So I took it to the bodyshop, spent £225 having the rear bumper and side of the car sprayed/blended.

A week after that my sister shut the garage door and scraped down the back of the same rear bumper and put a nice line down it....thanks.

Then after a few visits to EMS I've had a level 3 service done, camber adjusters put on to sort out the camber problem on the front passenger wheel from the original accident, plus various other bits and pieces total work - nearly £1000

So now the car engine doesn't rattle anymore, it's pulling like a steam train, I did 600 miles this weekend and the car didn't miss a beat, I'm finally REALLY enjoying the car...and then today the above happens........and I'm getting sick of it.

All I ever seem to be doing is repairing the bodywork for somebody to come and ruin it :(

Oh and to top it off, someone put a nice big carpark dent in the door the other day :cry:

I really am tempted to get rid of it....its in the bodyshop more than it is on the road....but there isn't a car I've driven which has given me as many smiles per miles either.

Oh I don't know, I'm just fed up with all. I know that once I replace the light, and put the new bumper on and get that sprayed (gonna be like £300 - £400) it won't be longer than a ****ing month until someone else hits it, or someone else drives into it, or someone pushes a trolley into it. ARGH

What do I do? :( :cry:

I can't actually get insured on something like a Scooby (which is what I want) or a 200sx (which I also want) - the idea was to use the ZS as a stop gap until I can get insured on one without having to bend over, grease up and take it hard and dry....

Oh well...I might as well go buy a 1.25 Fiesta and deal with it.

Ho hom....:wacko:

Boot Hill Bandit
12-01-09, 07:57 PM
So I'm sitting here with sister watching TV and doing some work on the laptop and

BAANG

Look at each other "wtf?"

I hurry to the front door, open up to see a van speeding off and its gone...then I look at my car

He's reversed right into the corner of it, cracked the bumper and broken the drivers side light cluster.

Something I could really do without right now, just rang the guy I got my bits from before and he's got a rear bumper but its in le mans green and not trophy blue, he's got a light cluster though.

Bits won't be here until Wednesday at the earliest and I need to drive tomorrow - argh.

The van in question looked suspiciously like the van thats been obstructing the driveway for about 6 months whilst they do construction work on the new house over the road...me and mums bf are going to go have a word tomorrow.

ARGH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had nothing but bad luck with this car...it's been hit....about 5, 6 times now??

3 weeks after owning it it was stolen from me and written off, I then had to front £1100 for parts and to have it bodged repaired by my ******** of a useless uncle which meant it was off the road for a month.

I then took it to get it RR'd where it nearly jumped off the rollers and killed everyone due to the alignment of the wheels.

So I spent a lot of time doing the usual fixes, rear bumper sag, SRS light blah blah blah etc etc etc.

For it to be driven into 3 times in 2 weeks :cry:

So I took it to the bodyshop, spent £225 having the rear bumper and side of the car sprayed/blended.

A week after that my sister shut the garage door and scraped down the back of the same rear bumper and put a nice line down it....thanks.

Then after a few visits to EMS I've had a level 3 service done, camber adjusters put on to sort out the camber problem on the front passenger wheel from the original accident, plus various other bits and pieces total work - nearly £1000

So now the car engine doesn't rattle anymore, it's pulling like a steam train, I did 600 miles this weekend and the car didn't miss a beat, I'm finally REALLY enjoying the car...and then today the above happens........and I'm getting sick of it.

All I ever seem to be doing is repairing the bodywork for somebody to come and ruin it :(

Oh and to top it off, someone put a nice big carpark dent in the door the other day :cry:

I really am tempted to get rid of it....its in the bodyshop more than it is on the road....but there isn't a car I've driven which has given me as many smiles per miles either.

Oh I don't know, I'm just fed up with all. I know that once I replace the light, and put the new bumper on and get that sprayed (gonna be like £300 - £400) it won't be longer than a ****ing month until someone else hits it, or someone else drives into it, or someone pushes a trolley into it. ARGH

What do I do? :( :cry:

I can't actually get insured on something like a Scooby (which is what I want) or a 200sx (which I also want) - the idea was to use the ZS as a stop gap until I can get insured on one without having to bend over, grease up and take it hard and dry....

Oh well...I might as well go buy a 1.25 Fiesta and deal with it.

Ho hom....:wacko:

Seriously unlucky bud..........all I can say is..............when things go wrong I tend to want to stay to the bitter end to put things right.

When The Red Devil came home and I was told the bottom end was on its way out and the cost involved in putting it all right I was devastated. Move on a year later and thousands of pounds putting things right and upgrading parts I have never been in a car that suits me so well........looks, power, handling, braking (at the time) Right now my car is worth **** all on a car forecourt.........but I am so proud and pleased I have it :D

Hang in there dude!!! You sell it and you will regret it!!! I have sold so many vehicles/big boys toys that I miss so much and even now I have tantrums about them.

If anything...........your sister sounds a little unlucky for you.........you thought of ebaying her lol

Jim

LozMachine
12-01-09, 08:00 PM
Sorry to hear that dude, could be worse though , if ya had a Scooby, van would of hit that instead then ya would really be pissed off :angry:

Phate
12-01-09, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hear that dude, could be worse though , if ya had a Scooby, van would of hit that instead then ya would really be pissed off :angry:

Least I wouldn't have to worry about getting parts :p

LozMachine
12-01-09, 08:11 PM
Least I wouldn't have to worry about getting parts :p

You would still be REALLY pissed off .lol

Phate
12-01-09, 08:11 PM
Oh I don't know. I guess I'm just fed up of people damaging someone I enjoy and love having so much.

I had the Saab for 18 months and that car got abused - yes it was looked after but abused as well - not a scratch in the whole time I owned it.

chriszs180
12-01-09, 08:12 PM
god man you dont get much luck do you mate
i'd have a llok at the van and contact old bill there must be paint from you bumper on theres someware.
anyway at worst strip it out and use it for track....
oh or trade it in for a focus rs.....

vinny1979
12-01-09, 08:24 PM
kick the **** out of the builder

stamford
12-01-09, 08:26 PM
Bad luck mate. I bet that van turns up all nice and clean with a polished rear end the next time you see it.

If it does turn up as mentioned then report it to the police and give them the reg number as you caught it speeding away.

Phate
12-01-09, 09:00 PM
Me and Mums BF are going to have a word tomorrow :sly:

He isn't getting away with it.

stamford
12-01-09, 09:03 PM
You'd be better off, if it is them, to inform the Police as they left the scene of an accident, not a good thing to be doing!

Phate
12-01-09, 09:06 PM
We'll be polite don't worry. If he's an arse about it I'll threaten him with the police and go from there.

afcbadam
12-01-09, 09:08 PM
sorry to here your woes mate. have you looked on ebay for a bumper there are a couple of tb zs been broken on there at the moment mate

Dan1971
12-01-09, 09:19 PM
Mate ... how's your luck .....

A Fiesta colud've been hit too .... and IIRC it was a family member that swiped it when you got it first time around, then .... actually .... another family member creasing the door.

Mate .... have a word with your family !!!! Raid their piggybanks ... !!!

If I were you ... I'd get the bits, but not rush to get it all sprayed up .... leave things as they are. The mechanics are spot on, which is what'll give you the buzz when you're behind the wheel.

Then, when you've got the next one lined up .... that's when you put the bodywork right to prepare for a sale, or trade it where they give you a minimum px or just keep it for track days.

Phate
12-01-09, 09:25 PM
I know what your saying Dan but it's a thing of mine...I cannot stand driving around in a car which looks like its a POS.

Dan1971
12-01-09, 09:27 PM
I know what your saying Dan but it's a thing of mine...I cannot stand driving around in a car which looks like its a POS.

Get down to Halfrauds and get some letters and make up "ZS Harlequin SE" :smile1:

stamford
12-01-09, 09:28 PM
..I cannot stand driving around in a car which looks like its a POS.

It didn't stop you at Brands :laugh:

Wish my wife was that dirty! :evil:

Phate
12-01-09, 09:30 PM
It didn't stop you at Brands :laugh:

Well I knew I wasn't driving a POS, it was just dirty :p

Doesn't everyone? :p

afcbadam
12-01-09, 09:35 PM

so do i mate. your wife that is !!!! :shoot2:

Blinky
12-01-09, 10:08 PM
what parts do you need dude? aslong as your parts are good enough to go back onto my car you can swap em over....

arwilson80
12-01-09, 10:15 PM
You'd be better off, if it is them, to inform the Police as they left the scene of an accident, not a good thing to be doing!

This is the way i'd go... Get the reg and report it for leaving the scene of the accident.

Phate
12-01-09, 10:16 PM
what parts do you need dude? aslong as your parts are good enough to go back onto my car you can swap em over....

Well the light unit is smashed mate, the bulbs still work so I'm gonna attack it with tape in the morning :cool1:

I wouldn't mind having a nosey though and swapping bits over that are better on yours than mine because yours is being repo'ed isn't it?

Dave ZS-X
13-01-09, 12:14 PM
sorry to hear your run of bad luck .
On another note i had an s14a 200 sx and though it was superior in some ways ,the actual straight line performance is quite similar justedging in favour of the nissan ,handling however the zs mauls the nissan .The nissan is fun as you can steer with your right foot but its not quick through corners like a zs ,you feel your getting a little too close to the edge all the time if you start pressing on through the bends .
Nissan has better build quality and arguably looks nicer ,also incredibly reliable if left standard ,turbo torque make it very quick at motorway speeds too.
I had a uk scoob turbo too ,2000my ,cr4p build quality ,awful handling but looked good after some detail mods and was reasonably nippy in a straight line.

Dave

Phate
13-01-09, 12:18 PM
Update!

Went over and had a word this morning before work and he admitted it was him and wasnt sure why he sped off. He told me to send him a bill...that i wasnt expecting!

My car looks the dogs balls at the minute, its got parcel tape on it and everything.

peterzs
13-01-09, 01:41 PM
Glad you got it sorted, did you have a witness when he accepted blame? If not I would be tempted to get him to sign a statement that he acceps responsibility and will pay for the damage, or you will go through insurance/police. Dingoes charged me £50 to remove ding from door.:wave::wave::wave:

chriszs180
13-01-09, 11:27 PM
bet you cant see the tape for the dirt though......................

Phate
13-01-09, 11:37 PM
It blends quite well :p

Blinky
13-01-09, 11:49 PM
Well the light unit is smashed mate, the bulbs still work so I'm gonna attack it with tape in the morning :cool1:

I wouldn't mind having a nosey though and swapping bits over that are better on yours than mine because yours is being repo'ed isn't it?

it certainly is bud...gotta be quick..give me a buzz or text if you wanted to come have a nose...im about all weekend every weekend...

Phate
13-01-09, 11:56 PM
it certainly is bud...gotta be quick..give me a buzz or text if you wanted to come have a nose...im about all weekend every weekend...

Awesome, swap bumpers?

If it's being repo'ed doe it matter if it's got a crack in it? lol.

I'll txt you tomorrow, I'm about Sunday I THINK

Dan1971
14-01-09, 11:09 AM
Awesome, swap bumpers?

If it's being repo'ed doe it matter if it's got a crack in it? lol.

I'll txt you tomorrow, I'm about Sunday I THINK

Get a quote from a garage first for the repair, and present it to the guy who damaged your car .... got to be worth getting a few quid off the guy. Use the, "well I'll have to report the matter" in your pocket until the last minute.